MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fanciful, possibly unlikely speculation keeps jumping into my brain. It may be far fetched, but it might fit the few facts that we know.

Perhaps a jealous girlfriend thinks the victim was getting too close to her boyfriend. A jealous love triangle of some kind?

So the jealous gf uses her boyfriends cell, to lure the victim to a dark parking lot somewhere?

AK thinks she is meeting up with her crush but instead, she is confronted by a jealous girlfriend armed with a gun?

Don't think the overkill by gun power and "dumping" the body in a place like Buford Ridge speaks female assailant to me. Perhaps as an accomplice, but not the solo assailant.

MOO

Last edited:
Don't think the overkill by gun power and "dumping" the body in a place like Burford Ridge speaks female assailant to me. Perhaps as an accomplice, but not the solo assailant.

MOO

I got a vibe of a female attacker also. I'm not sure why. I don't know what "Burford Ridge" is, but if the body was fairly easily found (by the side of a road, or something), that might suggest that the killer just pushed (or pulled) the body out of a vehicle, rather than being strong enough to drag or carry it away to be concealed.

Don't think the overkill by gun power and "dumping" the body in a place like Burford Ridge speaks female assailant to me. Perhaps as an accomplice, but not the solo assailant.

MOO
True, the obvious and most likely scenario is the one we see all of the time. Sadly, it is probably what happened here as well.
But the 8 gunshots are kind of throwing me off. Usually, it seems that a sexual assault motive ends up with a strangulation or a knife attack. Not multiple gunshot wounds. So it seems like this might be a different scenario?

But it could be an angry ex or a stalker?

First impressions:

The lake/dumping ground had significance. I wonder if she went there with someone that associated it with a significant memory or event.

Didn’t hide the body or a patrol officer would not have spotted it on a drive by. So... not an ex boyfriend or someone that would be suspected by others. A stranger? Or acquaintance? Either crime of opp from going to mini-mart type thing or new interest others would not have known about yet.

Horrible. I’m sick & tired of young college women encountering evil.

First impressions:

The lake/dumping ground had significance. I wonder if she went there with someone that associated it with a significant memory or event.

Didn’t hide the body or a patrol officer would not have spotted it on a drive by. So... not an ex boyfriend or someone that would be suspected by others. A stranger? Or acquaintance? Either crime of opp from going to mini-mart type thing or new interest others would not have known about yet.

Horrible. I’m sick & tired of young college women encountering evil.

I'm wondering if the perp was interrupted and was unable to finish the job of concealing her? Possibly the perp saw or heard the patrol car and hightailed it out of there before they were able to drag her further into the woods?

Sardis Lake is a flood control lake created by the Army Corps of Engineers damming the Little Tallahatchie River, one of four big flood control reservoirs created after the 1927 Mississippi River flood. As the Mississippi River has been at flood stage for a while, the Corps is holding back water in the lakes, so Sardis Lake is quite high right now, as you can tell by the trees in the water in the photos and video of the Buford Ridge site. In one of the TV reports, a local woman says that when the lake is low, Buford Ridge is a popular place for ATVs to drive in the mud. Oxford and Ole Miss are south of Sardis Lake, while Buford Ridge is on the north side of the lake. If she was shot in or near Oxford, the dumper had to drive half way around the lake to get to Buford Ridge.

I think she slipped out to meet someone she didn't want her roomies to know about.
I’m thinking the same scenario. Perhaps someone she met that night or online. MOO

I wonder what the name of this bar was,where she was standing at the door.Did she find out someone was there she didn't want to see.Why did she turn around and not go inside?

No bar name reported but we know there is video:

AK last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.

Maybe I am just picking at details and trying to read between the lines but this doesn't make sense to me. In one spot it says she was last "seen" stopping at the door of a bar and it mentions a camera.

Then it says she went home, left again but her roommates did not hear her leave. So how do they know that? It can't be from a roommate account as they did not hear her leave. It probably is not from a camera or they would not say "last seen" at the door of a bar. Her phone? A witness besides a roommate--but if that was the case--she would not have been "seen" after the camera at the bar where she was "last seen"...

Maybe I am making too much of it but they know somehow she got home, left her home, etc. yet was not "last seen" there...

Jmo.
"Authorities close to the case" haven't released much info.....yet.
Let's see what comes next.

No bar name reported but we know there is video:

AK last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.
I hope LE is IDing every single person who was in that bar. I agree with Seattle1 & others. She was avoiding someone. Stalker? Ex? Bully? Adversary? Acquaintance that made her uncomfortable? One of her classmates? One of her fitness patrons? Someone she recognized & didn’t want to deal with imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member