MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - I sense a victim blaming defense in the works especially if her blood is on the clothing found (Link upthread) and the gun they found is the murder weapon. IMO.

I just can't think of anything they could credibly say about her that would justify him shooting her multiple times and leaving her body there, driving off without a scratch on him, not calling 911 or contacting law enforcement, and then posting and retweeting inane things on Twitter as if nothing had happened. They have to say he didn't shoot her. They can't argue that he had a good reason to do it.

I think the only plausible legal strategy is to try to discredit every bit of forensic evidence and anything that BT may have said while in custody to get all that excluded from trial, and then throw out some theory about an unknown killer. They have to go after the investigators, saying they focused exclusively on BT instead of looking for the "real killer", question how the evidence was collected and handled, and all the other defense attorney tricks for defending clients who clearly are guilty if all the evidence is allowed.

I just can't think of anything they could credibly say about her that would justify him shooting her multiple times and leaving her body there, driving off without a scratch on him, not calling 911 or contacting law enforcement, and then posting and retweeting inane things on Twitter as if nothing had happened. They have to say he didn't shoot her. They can't argue that he had a good reason to do it.

I think the only plausible legal strategy is to try to discredit every bit of forensic evidence and anything that BT may have said while in custody to get all that excluded from trial, and then throw out some theory about an unknown killer. They have to go after the investigators, saying they focused exclusively on BT instead of looking for the "real killer", question how the evidence was collected and handled, and all the other defense attorney tricks for defending clients who clearly are guilty if all the evidence is allowed.
I agree that they couldn't credibly blame her for anything, but I still think they are going to go after her - plant the question of why this young lady would be out in the middle of the night after going to a bar alone, as seen on camera? Was she staggering in that video? What is she into? Why did she need BT to drive her to the lake at that time of night - how did she know about that side of the lake and who was she meeting up with? Why did she lure BT there? Was she angry with him and wanted someone to teach him a lesson?

NONE of that is true, imo, but starts to plant a picture that BT was the gallant dupe who gave her a ride on a seedy errand that he knew nothing about. And then the "real killer" shows up. Poor BT was out of his element and was railroaded by investigators.

Again, this is not true, but possibilities of what defense could say to make her look terrible, not because she then deserves to be murdered, but to say BT isn't the one who did it.

I'm nervous that the defense is going to play dirty.

jmo

Now that it's official.
She was expecting his child.
So he murdered them both.

I am sorry to say that I already hate how the defense is going to blame this innocent young lady.
I am also sorry that she ever met this piece of garbage, this loser.

I agree that they couldn't credibly blame her for anything, but I still think they are going to go after her - plant the question of why this young lady would be out in the middle of the night after going to a bar alone, as seen on camera? Was she staggering in that video? What is she into? Why did she need BT to drive her to the lake at that time of night - how did she know about that side of the lake and who was she meeting up with? Why did she lure BT there? Was she angry with him and wanted someone to teach him a lesson?

NONE of that is true, imo, but starts to plant a picture that BT was the gallant dupe who gave her a ride on a seedy errand that he knew nothing about. And then the "real killer" shows up. Poor BT was out of his element and was railroaded by investigators.

Again, this is not true, but possibilities of what defense could say to make her look terrible, not because she then deserves to be murdered, but to say BT isn't the one who did it.

I'm nervous that the defense is going to play dirty.

jmo

None of that would work.
Even if they say she was drunk and angry, how does that justify shooting her multiple times? He didn't have a scratch on him in his mug shot and perp walk video.
Why would "the real killer" shoot her multiple times and let him go? If he wasn't the one who shot her, why didn't he call 911 or do anything at all to report it?
If his defense admits that he drove her there and then drove out leaving her murdered body behind, he is going down.

The Daily Mail article is trash. I'll just leave it at that. [Deleted the rest of my post.]

I didn't link nor quote the Daily Mail.
Wasn't sure if you were quoting my post or someone else's.

I can't say that I can think of many others, but maybe I am not the best person to answer this question. My first thought on the matter is that they are anticipating elements to be major headline news and are expecting it to stay in the media as more information comes out closer to trial. If so, they will need help managing the feeding frenzy that is the news media. That's all I've got.
I personally would appreciate a spokesperson dealing with the masses while I attempted to put one foot in front of the other. I pray none of us ever have to walk this path♥️

I didn't link nor quote the Daily Mail.
Wasn't sure if you were quoting my post or someone else's.

You said "it's official." It isn't official if the source is the Daily Mail article. The article is just a collection of the rumors that have been on social media, and there are about a dozen contradictions and inconsistencies in the article.

None of that would work.
Even if they say she was drunk and angry, how does that justify shooting her multiple times? He didn't have a scratch on him in his mug shot and perp walk video.
Why would "the real killer" shoot her multiple times and let him go? If he wasn't the one who shot her, why didn't he call 911 or do anything at all to report it?
If his defense admits that he drove her there and then drove out leaving her murdered body behind, he is going down.
I'm am certainly NOT saying one bit of it is true or that any of us would fall for these tactics, but the defense is going to poke, poke, poke, and work on a creating doubt. And I think we need to see it coming. My opinion only.

jmo

I'm am certainly NOT saying one bit of it is true or that any of us would fall for these tactics, but the defense is going to poke, poke, poke, and work on a creating doubt. And I think we need to see it coming. My opinion only.

jmo
Based solely on what we "know" so far, I don't see a complete exoneration possible. But I can definitely see a "heat of passion" defense since he supposedly carried a gun around with him and didn't have to go find one. Especially if it's true that she told him of a pregnancy just that day as the daily mail article states. I think his high powered lawyers would see a second degree plea as a victory in this case, ultimately.

The Daily Mail article is trash. I'll just leave it at that. [Deleted the rest of my post.]

It is...but at the same time they aren't usually THAT off in their facts..are they? Did they interview friends who said she was 17 weeks pregnant or just write an entire article based on reading websleuths and reddit?

Could explain why the fam hired a pr firm. One of the statements from one of the sources was pretty unexpected to me.

Yes, are we allowed to discuss that the MSM article says she was trying to end her pregnancy with alcohol and drug use? It's pretty scandalous but we've always been able to discuss DM on here before. But she's a victim so does that mean we can't discuss anything that is bad regarding the victim? It didn't sound very credible to ME though that a woman would refuse an abortion on moral grounds while simultaneous trying to induce one on her own. I wonder if that's just gossip. And then of course that's the case what is any of the other info regarding her being pregnant but gossip? But on the other hand this trashy tabloid isn't usually grossly inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa