MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the gun that was in his truck is the one that killed her, there is no theory under the sun his top notch defense attorneys could sell me that would exonerate him.

If it was also registered to him and the blood on the clothes in the truck is found to belong to her, that would be even more damning.

Shooting her multiple times is no accident.

There was something that allowed LE to quickly obtain a warrant to track him both by credit card and phone. It could have been the gas station video or could be something more like texts between them. Walking out and finding himself surrounded by officers had to be quite the surprise for BT.

I suspect there is ample evidence in this case. They had warrants and an arrest in no time, he clearly did not have the intelligence to cover up anything and left a clear trail. I believe they have the motive, the means and the opportunity, as well as the murder weapon.

I wonder if he talked at all before being "lawyered up". He seems arrogant enough to have possibly done so.

I too wonder what he did in the intervening days, perhaps went and found his flavor of the week and partied on? Perhaps such was more of a priority than getting rid of bloody clothing and the gun?

We have not heard it but I would assume his apartment was searched as well. We know they are going through all texts and electronics.

Jmo.

I saw an article saying that she was not shot 8 times. Can't find it now, but I'm still looking. The links to it are in this thread though, since it's the only place I've been reading..

What the article stated was not 8 times but multiple times. It could mean less than 8, but it could also mean more than 8. This will end up being important. JMO

ETA: BT's lawyer speaks to WMC5 News at link below:

Steve Farese laid out what the defense team is doing.

“What you do is you start from the beginning and you talk to the client. You retrace steps to see if there are any other possible suspects," said Farese.

He said he doesn’t know of any other suspects but the team is looking.

There is video evidence that shows some of what Theesfeld and Kostial were doing beginning with Friday night.

Police say video surveillance from the Oxford Square shows Kostial walking along the sidewalk, looking at her phone.

Employees at the Lakeside Market in Harmontown, Mississippi confirmed that Theesfeld and Kostial, stopped at the market early Saturday morning. The pair were also seen on video.

Kostial’s body was found a few hours later near Sardis Lake by a patrolling deputy.

[...]

Steve Farese is aware of some pretty brutal comments on social media about Theesfeld.

“Most of them don’t know what they are talking about," said Farese.

Currently, no date has been set for a Theesfeld’s bond hearing.

“We don’t think it’s a proper time in favor of the aggrieved family to get into those things right now," said Farese.

Prosecutors have filed a motion to hold Theesfeld without bond.

Farese said he will plead not guilty.

Brandon Theesfeld lays out days leading up to murder of Ole Miss student to attorneys

“Farese said Theesfeld was almost finished with his sophomore year.”

Was he on a seven year plan for a Bachelor’s degree?

For locals: Does Memphis have a reputation in Oxford as the place where criminals live? I"m wondering if he planned to dispose of evidence there not only because it was far away from the scene but because locals would believe a bad person from Memphis would be a believable killer of a beautiful girl in Oxford?

Just thinking aloud, speculating, brainstorming. Not fact.

jmo

If you look at the crime statistics for that area of MS it might better answer that question.

For locals: Does Memphis have a reputation in Oxford as the place where criminals live? I"m wondering if he planned to dispose of evidence there not only because it was far away from the scene but because locals would believe a bad person from Memphis would be a believable killer of a beautiful girl in Oxford?

Just thinking aloud, speculating, brainstorming. Not fact.

jmo
yes, unfortunately we do have a high crime rate in Memphis..it’s a much bigger city than there college town of Oxford. The part of town he was in is not great either...he probably was planning on disposing of the evidence here and blaming it on Memphis gang violence??

If the gun that was in his truck is the one that killed her, there is no theory under the sun his top notch defense attorneys could sell me that would exonerate him.

If it was also registered to him and the blood on the clothes in the truck is found to belong to her, that would be even more damning.

There was something that allowed LE to quickly obtain a warrant to track him both by credit card and phone. It could have been the gas station video or could be something more like texts between them. Walking out and finding himself surrounded by officers had to be quite the surprise for BT.

I suspect there is ample evidence in this case. They had warrants and an arrest in no time, he clearly did not have the intelligence to cover up anything and left a clear trail. I believe they have the motive, the means and the opportunity, as well as the murder weapon.

I wonder if he talked at all before being "lawyered up". He seems arrogant enough to have possibly done so.

I too wonder what he did in the intervening days, perhaps went and found his flavor of the week and partied on? Perhaps such was more of a priority than getting rid of bloody clothing and the gun?

We have not heard it but I would assume his apartment was searched as well. We know they are going through all texts and electronics.

Jmo.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he opened his arrogant mouth on the hour long drive from Memphis back to oxford .....

yes, unfortunately we do have a high crime rate in Memphis..it’s a much bigger city than there college town of Oxford. The part of town he was in is not great either...he probably was planning on disposing of the evidence here and blaming it on Memphis gang violence??
*the not there

Well, I was asking for local perception, but thanks for the suggestion.

jmo

I am in the state and have relatives that live in that area. I was trying to answer you without stepping in areas that might get off-topic. :cool:

The crime in Memphis spills over into that area of MS on a daily basis, to fully answer your question. So, it wouldn't be a mischaracterization necessarily.

Was it mentioned if he was intoxicated when he did this? Did he say he had no memory of doing this??

I think his sloppiness was due to arrogance that surely HE wouldn't be accused....and if he were to be caught, he'd get a great legal team, so why worry too much about clean up? Just re-tweet a few tweets on twitter, take a shower, shove the clothes in the car, and drive to Memphis. I think it's likely he was going to dump the clothes there - good thinking. Maybe the gun too that he could then claim was stolen. (Speculation, not fact).

Just my opinion.
I'm afraid they're going to come up with he had a psychotic episode from bad drugs or whatever. Saying he was passed out for two days etc. etc.! Been in his truck the whole time and doesn't remember anything. Temp insanity????

Jmo.
All very good points!

Wow. He really must have a drinking problem, to be so sloppy and stupid, and leaving bloody clothes in the truck. Why didn't he get rid of those? Too arrogant?

I wouldn't be surprised if he went into frantic trapped-animal mind-swirling mode, in the manner of many a blustery tough-talker when confronted with reality.

Just some general observations.

It doesn't seem like he has any friends. At least none that have spoken out in any significant way. It's entirely possible they were asked not to speak out by his defense, but I think it's much more likely that he does not have close true friends, more just acquaintances, people he drinks with, party bros. And a few people who have spoken seem to have been fine steering well clear of him because he was not a nice person. (I'm being tactful.)

I think, when we get details, that evidence will be overwhelming and airtight. That arrest was lickety-split, well done to LE. I think he is arrogant enough to want to go all the way to trial, though; I think he feels completely justified in his actions. I think this is what the whole horrible crime is about, his arrogance, his privilege, his entitlement to what he wants. I think the best he can hope for is some sort of reduced charge, manslaughter, perhaps? I can see the prosecutor saying absolutely not to any sort of plea or reduction, though, especially when more details are revealed and if they are as many of us suspect. I wonder if the defense considers it a win if he doesn't get LWOP in Parchman, or the death penalty?

The still from right before his arrest, with the Ole Miss shirt and the Gucci (?) loafers, he looks like he's swaggering. Vile.

May Ally RIP and may justice be served.

*IMO*

Does anyone know if the warrant docs or charging documents are available to be viewed?

I think everything is sealed. And we've had no statement from LE re charges at least that I've seen.

Yes -- posted his arrest warrant/affidavit a few pages back. Post #872 I think. Unless defense or DA provide something, this will be all the documents we have under sealed case.

I’m guessing he left plenty of evidence that he was at the crime scene.

I recall earlier reports saying Ally was "dumped" at Buford's Ridge" but we now know there is video surveillance of BT and Ally together at Lakeside Market only hours before police located her body. I also think the Ridge is the sight of the crime with evidence that led directly to him. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500