MS MS - Hattiesburg, WhtMale 22-28, UP4746, hit by car, 'Steve Hex (Hicks)', red hair/freckles, Dec'98

What about this guy?

uploadfromtaptalk1449463835406.jpg

I know it said that John Doe didn't have scars, but after an accident like that, these little identifying scars may be overlooked as just residual from the accident.

The following fields have been changed:
Dental : Dental Available changed from "later" to "entered"

Progress!

I never got an email about changes. But yay for progress

I've been keeping an eye on this one but haven't heard anything. Anyone know of any news?

Also when did he die again? He was in the Hotel Reed Nursing Center but it shut down in the late 90's. Was he transferred elsewhere? So there's so little information on this man!

I have been following this case on and off for years, since he was first hit by the car. I cannot believe that even with pictures of him, a possible name, etc. that no one is looking for him and no one has put him together with a missing person. I hope that there is some resolution to this case!

View attachment 62415

WS you never fail me!!! I was about to submit Gordon Page Jr for the UID He is an autistic man who went missing from Michigan in 1991. He has red hair and blue eyes. He is a bit tall at 6'3". Let me know what you think, Cyberfriends.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/page_gordon.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/830/1/

UID:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4746

I am disappointed with the namus listing. The original MP listing showed photos of him in the hospital not long after he was hit, and he bore very little resemblance to the way he looked later in the nursing home. He looked like a long-haired grateful dead fan, quite handsome, and quite healthy and normal-looking aside from the fact that he was obviously injured. The sketches sort of capture what he looked like, but I am at a loss for why they didn't include the hospital photos in the namus listing, since those were the closest to what he would have looked like when last seen by friends and loved ones, and were not nearly as disturbing as the ones of him conscious but obviously brain damaged.

I am disappointed with the namus listing. The original MP listing showed photos of him in the hospital not long after he was hit, and he bore very little resemblance to the way he looked later in the nursing home. He looked like a long-haired grateful dead fan, quite handsome, and quite healthy and normal-looking aside from the fact that he was obviously injured. The sketches sort of capture what he looked like, but I am at a loss for why they didn't include the hospital photos in the namus listing, since those were the closest to what he would have looked like when last seen by friends and loved ones, and were not nearly as disturbing as the ones of him conscious but obviously brain damaged.

Are those hospital photos still available somewhere?

Thanks, skigirl :) I agree, that photo should be in NamUs. I think it would help his loved ones identify him, someone somewhere must be missing this guy.

He does a bit. I always keep coming back to this case, hoping they will solve it. Glad this thread is still active. Never did find what I was looking for though.

Can someone make up a flyer with the information we think we know, re Steve/Stephen Hicks/Hix/Hecks with the accident date, plus the Hix, WV references?

Much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I tend to think one of the following scenarios are possible :

* He was saying his name was Steve and was referring to Hix , WV , as a previous poster mentioned , there is indeed a Hix ( McDowell County) WV and a Hix ( Summers County ) WV

* He was saying his name was Steve Hicks as it is a common name in WV

* OR Could he have been saying his name was Steve Vicks or Steve Vix , Steve Vex , Steve Hex , Steve Hix, Steve Ickes ? Under duress and with an accent if you say any of those names mashed together , it could be hard to determine one from another . I live in PA very close to the WV border and we tend to talk fast , shorten words and mash them together without much enunciation. Plus this man had just suffered a massive injury.
For example , we would never say " I'm going to go over there". We would say " ima go overdare" .

This is definitely solvable and such a tragedy .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back