MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
right - the reporter-narrator says it, not the dad. so is it true or something the public isn't supposed to know?

Reportedly, she had a head gash, so she may have been struck. Wait for autopsy report. That should give us a better idea. JMO

Reportedly, she had a head gash, so she may have been struck. Wait for autopsy report. That should give us a better idea. JMO

oh right. I forgot about that. I suppose that fits the definition of being beaten.

Last article I read said we should have autopsy results friday....guess we're a day late and a dollar short.

Chambers' family told The Clarion-Ledger earlier this week that she had been doused with something like lighter fluid. Final autopsy results, which are expected Friday, will likely clear that up, Darby said.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...mbers-investigation-news-conference/20243859/

Hmm. Is searching public sex offender registry + sharing a link fair game? I found something interesting through the Mississippi website.
You can link the RSO's listings in the vicinity.

Jessica talked to the minister or reverend of the church, and the minister made some mention of it at the funeral. I don't know how the rules are, but I would hope that the minister can talk to the police about things she told him. It may help the police.

Yes, but both those people have been cleared. The man was buying the gas for a generator. And the person she waved to was a friend that has been cleared too.

I understand, but I think it is a little too much of a co-incidence. How many times have you seen people in gas stations buying gas for generators? I am sure it can happen and that LE investigated, but it is still eyebrow raising.

I understand, but I think it is a little too much of a co-incidence. How many times have you seen people in gas stations buying gas for generators? I am sure it can happen and that LE investigated, but it is still eyebrow raising.

I use a gas can to fill up the lawn mower and my son fills them up for his generator. Pretty common.

I
This case has been spoken of by authorities as a homicide, and I have no real basis for doubting that conclusion; but here are 10 fairly recent cases of deadly car fires ruled suicides; found all these -- there are more -- within two pages of Google Search responses.

Iowa 2012; Pennsylvania 2012; Delaware 2013; California 2013; Ohio 2013; Connecticut 2013; Wisconsin 2014; and
three in less than a month in Utah in 2007

Unbelievable ! I can't imagine setting yourself on fire to commit suicide.

I sure hope there are still some MSM outlets in that area that have some investigative reporters who are willing to dig for the truth in this case, and station management not afraid to report the truth, whatever it is.

Wow, this case has taken an even darker turn hasn't it?

Has anyone stated in MSM that this has nothing to do with the brother's death? - I need to research that.

*** I am talking out loud to myself here mostly...

It wasn't supposed to storm that night was it? Was it unusually cold?
Maybe the guy was filling a gas can to run a generator.
Night time seems like an odd time to fill a generator. I guess if it runs out you fill it back up, but in the dark? Assuming there is no light because the generator ran dry.
Did she carry the gas can in her car?
I hate having to transport gas inside my car!

( Was a generator used at the party?)
Could the party have been at a house with no electricity?

The back of the car damage... Could she or someone have backed into something leaving in a hurry? Rather than another vehicle running into it?

She bought extra gas. Did she pay for the gas pumped into the can? She spent about $9 more than usual. What is the average gas can size? 3 gallons?

Two guys were cleared? The one filling the gas can and the one who called 911?
Sorry, I need to get caught up!
Going googling!!!

Thank you, Bessie!

Okay, so - if you run a geographical search on Mississippi's RSO website here: http://state.sor.dps.ms.gov/GeographicalSearch.aspx

You can search "by County" - in this case, Panola - and select "distance from," etc. + other qualifiers.

The results that come up by searching Panola County produce a few names that may be similar to the one(s) reported previously in the news ("Derek" "Derrick" "Eric" "Cedric" etc.)...

Of particular interest, one of these is listed with a birthdate in 1992 (making him, age-wise, closer to Jessica's peer group) and has an address in Courtland, MS that is south of the gas station.

Hmm.

Thank you, Bessie!

Okay, so - if you run a geographical search on Mississippi's RSO website here: http://state.sor.dps.ms.gov/GeographicalSearch.aspx

You can search "by County" - in this case, Panola - and select "distance from," etc. + other qualifiers.

The results that come up by searching Panola County produce a few names that may be similar to the one(s) reported previously in the news ("Derek" "Derrick" "Eric" "Cedric" etc.)...

Of particular interest, one of these is listed with a birthdate in 1992 (making him, age-wise, closer to Jessica's peer group) and has an address in Courtland, MS that is south of the gas station.

Hmm.

http://state.sor.dps.ms.gov/OffenderDetails.aspx?Display=Main&Id=381629

Residence is less than 3 miles from the crime scene.

"Learned her lesson" from being in an abusive relationship seems like an awfully punitive way to phrase things. I wonder what really had been going on in her life in the past little while.

Thank you, Bessie!

Hmm.

like this one:

http://state.sor.dps.ms.gov/OffenderDetails.aspx?Display=Main&Id=381629

Sure sounds like she had some serious problems in her life. So sad. I really thought they'd make an arrest by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname