MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a link on the last thread to an article that clarified that it was the passerby, the one who called 911, that saw Jessica walking around and on fire at that time. It said the first responders found her near her car "more dead than alive". I know the responders got there very quickly after the call, but this got me to wondering... many articles have quoted LE as saying that someone was in her car that night. I have been wondering how they know... I doubt they have other surveillance tapes, considering they didn't have the one from the store until reporter uncovered it. It was too quick to have any forensics. The battery was removed from her phone, but is that all they know about someone else being with her? I am wondering if the 911 caller did not see someone else at the scene of the fire. Possibly someone without a car. Would I stop and help someone if both they and their car were in flames on a dark road at night? I don't know. My husband would. He has actually pulled someone from a burning car before, literally saving this person's life. I'm not sure what I would do. I know I would not leave the scene. I may not exit the car if I felt scared, but I wouldn't leave until LE or fire dept. arrived. I do wonder what the 911 caller saw, in addition to Jessica, if anything/anyone. If he/she did see someone else there, and no other car, then that person fled very quickly as the responders arrived soon.

Why is the family providing intimate, horrific details of the criome to the media? And haven't a lot of those details turned out to be untrue? How was she able to tell her killer's name to LE, when she had been burned 98% of her body?

I would say the info. they have shared is unconfirmed by LE, but not that any of it is necessarily untrue. I think they want Justice for her, and they intend to keep pressing until they have achieved their goal/hope.

I think they are doing an outstanding job. I applaud them. They are being her advocates. Someone has to be that.

Apparently there are some who would like to turn this thread into a racially charged disaster like some other "discussions" we've seen recently. Well, I've got news for you. You can take it elsewhere because it's not happening here.

Bessie

ETA: ZOOL, I'll be happy to update the opening post as soon as I get a chance today. Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

Thank you Bessie! We don't need that nonsense here.

I posted a link on the last thread to an article that clarified that it was the passerby, the one who called 911, that saw Jessica walking around and on fire at that time. It said the first responders found her near her car "more dead than alive". I know the responders got there very quickly after the call, but this got me to wondering... many articles have quoted LE as saying that someone was in her car that night. I have been wondering how they know... I doubt they have other surveillance tapes, considering they didn't have the one from the store until reporter uncovered it. It was too quick to have any forensics. The battery was removed from her phone, but is that all they know about someone else being with her? I am wondering if the 911 caller did not see someone else at the scene of the fire. Possibly someone without a car. Would I stop and help someone if both they and their car were in flames on a dark road at night? I don't know. My husband would. He has actually pulled someone from a burning car before, literally saving this person's life. I'm not sure what I would do. I know I would not leave the scene. I may not exit the car if I felt scared, but I wouldn't leave until LE or fire dept. arrived. I do wonder what the 911 caller saw, in addition to Jessica, if anything/anyone. If he/she did see someone else there, and no other car, then that person fled very quickly as the responders arrived soon.

Courage. Doing the right thing for a fellow human being is hard to predict as to who would or wouldn't help another person in need. Reactions are hard to predict but I know how strongly I've come to the aid of a victim--& it has surprised me & has turned out well.
I'm proud that I've done a good deed when others were just onlookers but it's something that comes from within.
It is instinctual, from my experience.

I would say the info. they have shared is unconfirmed by LE, but not that any of it is necessarily untrue. I think they want Justice for her, and they intend to keep pressing until they have achieved their goal/hope.

I think they are doing an outstanding job. I applaud them. They are being her advocates. Someone has to be that.

I think you are exactly right. I think that what her family has revealed about her death came out before LE was ready to confirm. LE stated at the presser that there was a lack of street talk about this case, but I'm finding the opposite to be true. In a situation like this, one would think LE would be closely monitoring social media. I hope they are doing that.

I think a ton of people know who was involved in this crime. Jmo though!!

Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

Just a thought...why would Jessica need to get on the "right track" as the victim of DV? Odd way to state that. Perhaps there were other issues she was dealing with? Working at a Women's shelter, I know that sometimes D and A issues go hand in hand with domestic violence. Drugs and alcohol are used as means of coping with the violence being endured.

As for what she may have revealed in a book, I would say that she felt she was a survivor. We taught EMPOWERMENT to the women who came in. Most of them felt useless and powerless in their own lives and saw no hope. Unfortunately, I don't think this is how she envisioned the last chapter. At 19 years old.

Has it been said if and when autopsy report/results will be released, specifically toxicology.

Last I heard was a news release Friday afternoon with the coroner saying results would not be available before the weekend. ABC news reported that a preliminary autopsy has already been given to LE, but will not be commenting on either prelim or official autopsy because it is an open investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-hours-27515550

Just a thought...why would Jessica need to get on the "right track" as the victim of DV? Odd way to state that. Perhaps there were other issues she was dealing with? Working at a Women's shelter, I know that sometimes D and A issues go hand in hand with domestic violence. Drugs and alcohol are used as means of coping with the violence being endured.

As for what she may have revealed in a book, I would say that she felt she was a survivor. We taught EMPOWERMENT to the women who came in. Most of them felt useless and powerless in their own lives and saw no hope. Unfortunately, I don't think this is how she envisioned the last chapter. At 19 years old.

When I think of shelter I don't get a visual of JC, I wonder if she could have been in rehab. Not saying she was but I just don't see shelter. jmo idk

Not odd at all. Get on the right track and stop dating and hanging around with whomever was hurting her or exhibited potential for doing so. Pretty simple.

I'm reading articles now trying to discern when it was that the gas station owner, Ali, spoke with LE. Does anyone know if he came forward right away with his video surveillance and his conversation with JC?

Is the ex-boyfriend incarcerated? Did he send out his gangsta' homies to permanently shut her up from telling "tales" to the co-author of her biography?

I'm just speculating here. She made someone very, very angry.

RIP JC

The justice for jessica facebook page (that I believe is OK to cite here) has a very interesting link posted 8 hr ago to a thorough analysis of what is known to date - it is explosive and echoes some of the concerns others have posted about the edited gas station video, the gas station owner, etc. <modsnip>

Not odd at all. Get on the right track and stop dating and hanging around with whomever was hurting her or exhibited potential for doing so. Pretty simple.

I guess one could look at it that way. I guess I'm looking at it from the other side.

(By the above, I mean that it is a phrase we wouldn't have used in terms of dealing with the battered women. We wouldn't have implied that it was the victim who needed to get themselves on track because it would have implied that the victim was somehow at fault for the abuse endured.)

I'm reading articles now trying to discern when it was that the gas station owner, Ali, spoke with LE. Does anyone know if he came forward right away with his video surveillance and his conversation with JC?

Unsure how LE knew Jessica was at the gas station. Did owner/clerk alert LE?

So many unknowns here, by the looks of the back of the vehicle it looks like somneone rear ended her , perhaps to get her to pull over. The same flag in burnt car photos as the flags in front of the gas station. The gas station clerk posting photos of her car on social media not long after event was strange to me.

Considering the size of the town, that gas station might well have the only flatbed wrecker in town - at any rate, it appears that the driver stopped at the garage on route to wherever they eventually took the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert