MS - U.S. reopens 1955 killing of Emmett Till, 14, abducted and mutilated *arrests*

There is not statute of limitations on murder. Seems to me if she was in the car then she participated in the murder. One could hope that the LE would refile and arrest her. The Till family deserves their day in court. And, as a matter of fairness, so does she. We saw how "justice" was served against the people who were originally tried but 2022 is a new day. I don't think either of the men would have been acquitted if they were tried fairly. So, let's do it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2022/06/30/emmett-till-warrant-carolyn-donham-kidnapping/

A new alert system has been launched in Maryland to notify Black leaders and clergy about credible threats or hate crimes.
The Emmett Till Alerts system -- named in honor of the 14-year-old Black teen who was murdered in 1955, after a White woman, Carolyn Bryant Donham, claimed Till whistled at her -- is modeled after the Amber Alert system.

The Caucus of African American Leaders unveiled the new system Monday during a news conference.

"We have to take hate crimes and terrorist threats seriously," Carl Snowden of the Caucus of African American Leaders said during the news conference.

When an act of racial violence is reported, Snowden says a team will sort through the details and determine if an alert should be sent out to subscribers to the service. The idea is to allow members in a local community where an act of racial violence or hatred occurs to be able to take appropriate actions to protect themselves and their family.

The alerts are by invite only for now, but Snowden said he hopes others will be able to sign up for the service after a trial period.
"We're just beginning. We're going to see how the system works...I suspect what you'll find is this is going to be replicated nationally veryhttps://www.kake.com/story/47178055/emmett-till-alerts-system-launched-to-alert-black-leaders-about-racist-or-hate-crime-incidents, very quickly," he said.

I still say the lady who they found the search warrant 4 should be in jail I don’t know if I can say that or not but that’s my opinion
@rjfjet I hope she is held accountable and sent to prison for the rest of her natural life with no chance of parole or any release at all.
She has been out free since the day she sealed Emmett's murder with her lies.

See link below for the latest

Emmett Till's cousin Patricia Sterling is suing the Leflore County sheriff to force arrest

My opinion and my opinion only, she needs to go straight back to hell where she came from....

Emmett Till family sues to force arrest of woman behind lynching

A cousin of Emmett Till is suing to try to make a Mississippi sheriff serve a 1955 arrest warrant on a white woman in the kidnapping that led to the brutal lynching of the black teenager.
DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that Donham, 88, is living in a small apartment community in Kentucky. She suffers from cancer, is legally blind, and is receiving end of life hospice care in the small apartment she shares with her son. Why now?? Hmmm...

From the linked article:

After researchers found the arrest warrant last June, the office of Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch said in July there was no new evidence to try to pursue a criminal case against Donham. In August, a district attorney said a Leflore County grand jury had declined to indict Donham.

Any press coverage at all other than The Daily Mail?

NBC also picked up the story from the AP.

Feb. 11, 2023, 12:15 AM EST / Source: Associated Press

JACKSON, Miss. — A relative of Emmett Till is suing to try to make a Mississippi sheriff serve a 1955 arrest warrant on a white woman in the kidnapping that led to the Black teenager’s brutal lynching.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back