MS - U.S. reopens 1955 killing of Emmett Till, 14, abducted and mutilated *arrests*

Any press coverage at all other than The Daily Mail?

Multiple places seem to be covering the story at this point, for example...

@rjfjet I hope she is held accountable and sent to prison for the rest of her natural life with no chance of parole or any release at all.
She has been out free since the day she sealed Emmett's murder with her lies.

See link below for the latest

Emmett Till's cousin Patricia Sterling is suing the Leflore County sheriff to force arrest

My opinion and my opinion only, she needs to go straight back to hell where she came from....
I agree I seen the till movie I paid 4 dollars I think but I never got 2 finish it I just may buy it again but she should definitely b in jail I just can’t believe it I know it was back In day when this happened but Emmett till still needs justice and i know she will b in hell if and when she passes but he needs 2 b in jail her dying before she goes 2 jail is not justice 2 me just saying

I agree I seen the till movie I paid 4 dollars I think but I never got 2 finish it I just may buy it again but she should definitely b in jail I just can’t believe it I know it was back In day when this happened but Emmett till still needs justice and i know she will b in hell if and when she passes but he needs 2 b in jail her dying before she goes 2 jail is not justice 2 me just saying
Dear @rjfjet
I cannot thank-you enough for the words of your heart.

My heart hurts that Emmett had to endure torture beyond human fathoming because of that demon woman seeking to make her husband jealous. That is as evil as evil gets.

You are so right my friend stating that Emmett needs justice and that she will be in hell when she passes, and until then like you said, she needs to be jailed.

I see my son each and every time that I see the Angel face of Emmett.

Emmett is the son of every parent that is used by the insecure and evil.

Never will I ever forget Emmett, his mother Mamie Till and what she did to be the voice of her Son Emmett.

I will always remember Emmett until my dying day.

Dear @rjfjet
I cannot thank-you enough for the words of your heart.

My heart hurts that Emmett had to endure torture beyond human fathoming because of that demon woman seeking to make her husband jealous. That is as evil as evil gets.

You are so right my friend stating that Emmett needs justice and that she will be in hell when she passes, and until then like you said, she needs to be jailed.

I see my son each and every time that I see the Angel face of Emmett.

Emmett is the son of every parent that is used by the insecure and evil.

Never will I ever forget Emmett, his mother Mamie Till and what she did to be the voice of her Son Emmett.

I will always remember Emmett until my dying day.
Yes thank you I agree

The horror happened 67 years ago, but it never left the Rev. Wheeler Parker Jr. It never will.

There are times even now, when he will break down in tears when he describes what happened that night in Mississippi in 1955. Still, the story must be told.

"It changed my life," said the 83-year-old Parker. "I promised God if he just saved my life, I was going to do right."

Parker was just 16 years old when his cousin and best friend, 14-year-old Emmett Till, was lynched. Till's murder would spur international outrage and propel the fight for justice and equality. Parker is the last living witness of the kidnapping.

Not sorry at all.
CBD evaded justice and died peacefully, unlike her innocent victim.
I'd say, "May she rot where it's hot", but she most likely is already.
So sorry Emmett ... that this poor excuse for a human lied and never expressed an ounce of repentance for pointing you out from the car that night, when you were dragged to a horrendous death.
You had your life ahead of you, but you were viciously slaughtered for the lies of an evil woman.
Rest in eternal peace, Emmett.
Imo.

Thank-you @sds71
I was just coming here to post the good news after waking up and reading my local news. Thank-you for your post @sds71.

Now she is burning in hell right where she came from that evil demon seed.

Best thing I saw written today:

"I sincerely hope Jerry Springer's first moments in the afterlife (after reuniting with loved ones, of course) involved hosting a cosmic version of his show, letting Emmett Till and his family tell their side of the story, and then bringing out Carolyn Donham so the audience can boo her while Emmett's family roughs her up."

A white woman from Mississippi whose 1955 accusation against a black teenager Emmett Till led to his murder has died.

Carolyn Bryant Donham's death at age 88 closes a chapter on one of the most infamous lynchings in US history.

Prosecutors sought charges against her for the killing of Till, 14, up until the year before her death.

Last year they failed to convince a grand jury that she should be put on trial for kidnapping and manslaughter.

A statement from the Emmett Till & Mamie Till-Mobley Institute said that they "wish mercy on her soul, even as we regret that she never took responsibility for her role" in Till's murder.

"While the world saw the horrors of racism in Emmett's murder, the real consequences of hatred, what the world will never now see is remorse or responsibility for his death."

1682651282515.pngEmmett Till's death was a key galvanising moment in the US civil rights movement

1682651255824.pngCarolyn Bryant Donham (right) with husband Roy Bryant and JW Milam (left) with his wife celebrate their acquittal

Emmitt Till's cousin, who is an elderly pastor, spoke at a church less than a mile from my house a few weeks ago. I totally forgot about it until I happened to drive by that church and saw the full parking lot on a Saturday afternoon. Now, I'm REALLY sorry I hadn't made it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back