MT MT - Ashley Loring-HeavyRunner, 20, Browning, 5 June 2017

Interesting comment: "Everyone says she's not, but she is missing". Time will tell....Hope she is safe.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

That probably means the cops are saying she's voluntarily missing, so they aren't going to waste resources looking for her.

(I'm assuming they'd consider it a waste - I don't.)

This is so sad. Indigenous women are considered missing and/or murdered at such a higher rate than other populations. :( The case of Misty Upham is only one of many...
http://www.indianz.com/News/2014/10/17/blackfeet-actress-misty-upham.asp
I live on one of the other Indian Reservations here in Montana, and I can tell you, unless there is clear eveidence of a murder (ie..a body is found) that person is considered ony "missing" by tribal law enforcement. There are two men from this small rez that are missing right now, and the attitude is basically "well, we looked and didn't find them, and they are adults so there is nothing we can do." Sure, tribal police will have a criminal investigator (one) but without any clear indication of foul play they figure there is nothing to investigate. Also...even when they do have a body it is very difficult to get the FBI to investigate----case in point....at the beginning of April a young cousin of my family's was found dead in her home. She had been hung in an attempt to make it look like she committed suicide. She had been beaten and the cause of death was blunt force trauma and no strangulation/ligature marks were noted anywhere on her body. That case is still pending. Native on Native crime on the reservation is not taken seriously by the FBI...at all. Don't even get me started on the sad state of tribal CPS.
I hope to God this beautiful young woman is found. Somebody there on the Blackfeet Reservation knows something----they have to.
Everything I have just stated here is JMO!!

This is so sad. Indigenous women are considered missing and/or murdered at such a higher rate than other populations. :( The case of Misty Upham is only one of many...
I live on one of the other Indian Reservations here in Montana, and I can tell you, unless there is clear eveidence of a murder (ie..a body is found) that person is considered ony "missing" by tribal law enforcement. There are two men from this small rez that are missing right now, and the attitude is basically "well, we looked and didn't find them, and they are adults so there is nothing we can do." Sure, tribal police will have a criminal investigator (one) but without any clear indication of foul play they figure there is nothing to investigate. Also...even when they do have a body it is very difficult to get the FBI to investigate----case in point....at the beginning of April a young cousin of my family's was found dead in her home. She had been hung in an attempt to make it look like she committed suicide. She had been beaten and the cause of death was blunt force trauma and no strangulation/ligature marks were noted anywhere on her body. That case is still pending. Native on Native crime on the reservation is not taken seriously by the FBI...at all. Don't even get me started on the sad state of tribal CPS.
I hope to God this beautiful young woman is found. Somebody there on the Blackfeet Reservation knows something----they have to.
I'm so sorry for your loss and for the lack of skill set in the community to provide justice. I'm hopeful that one day the good guys will have the resources to deliver justice.

Feel free to point me in the direction to add a list of missing indigenous women to this website. It is a good tool to get the message out.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hi- I have found 2 facebook pages:
Murdered and Disappeared Native Women
Missing & Exploited Native Children and women

I will work to incorporate in this database. Please let me know of any others.
Thanks much

Hi- I have found 2 facebook pages:
Murdered and Disappeared Native Women
Missing & Exploited Native Children and women

I will work to incorporate in this database. Please let me know of any others.
Thanks much

Fabulous idea, Henry!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

THIS is very disturbing to me, as it should be to all of us here at WS. The more I read, the more it seems that many American Indian women are missing and nothing is being done to take these cases seriously.
I think it's time we get better educated and raise our voices for these women.
Who's with me?

Still missing
df2c000d84a24e89a2abfdee1e625476.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members