Found Deceased MT - Cameron Collin, 37, Billings, 4 October 2018

I think it’s almost an impossibility that THAT many people could or would conspire to all lie and stage a cover-up. If something happened to a friend in my presence I’d never lie or stick with some story.. Even if it implicated me due to some terribly bad decision. I know it makes for a good movie plot but idk how realistic it is that a group of people could keep a story straight, much less nobody crack under the pressure of LE.

Sad news.

Yellowstone County Sheriff's Office recovers body of missing Canadian man
The search for 37-year-old Cameron Collin in Yellowstone County came to a sad end Saturday morning.

Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder says that Collin's body was spotted by a helicopter in Pryor Creek around 9:30 AM.

The location was within the area where he was last seen. Billings Flying Serice assisted the Sheriff's office in recovering Collin's body from the water.

Sheriff Linder says the investigation has not revealed any evidence of foul play but that an autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of death.

November 3, 2018
Missing Canadian man found dead in Pryor Creek southeast of Billings
Saturday morning, law enforcement flying in a helicopter operated by Gary Blain, co-owner of helicopter contracting business Billings Flying Service, spotted Collin's body "in a portion of Pryor Creek that runs through the property where he was last seen," according to a press release issued Saturday afternoon by Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder.

That area had already been searched, leading Linder to believe that a significant drop in water levels along the creek recently played a key role in the discovery of Collin's body.

"The water has gone down quite a bit, so that helped us spot him," he said.

An autopsy by the state medical examiner will begin Monday morning and Linder said he will probably issue a press release after he learns Collin's cause of death. A detective and a local coroner will probably attend the autopsy, Linder said.

Sad news.

Yellowstone County Sheriff's Office recovers body of missing Canadian man
The search for 37-year-old Cameron Collin in Yellowstone County came to a sad end Saturday morning.

Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder says that Collin's body was spotted by a helicopter in Pryor Creek around 9:30 AM.

The location was within the area where he was last seen. Billings Flying Serice assisted the Sheriff's office in recovering Collin's body from the water.

Sheriff Linder says the investigation has not revealed any evidence of foul play but that an autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of death.
Another sad ending. I suppose there wasn't much hope that he would be found alive, but until we know for sure, there is...hope. Glad he was finally found at least. RIP Cameron Collin

Nov 3, 2018

Cameron Collin, 37, had been in the Billings area for a wedding when he disappeared sometime on the night of Oct. 4. He had last been seen on the 5100 block of Pryor Road at about 10:45 p.m. that night.

Saturday morning, law enforcement flying in a helicopter operated by Gary Blain, co-owner of helicopter contracting business Billings Flying Service, spotted Collin's body "in a portion of Pryor Creek that runs through the property where he was last seen," according to a press release issued Saturday afternoon by Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder.

cc2.jpg

CALGARY—Cameron Collin, a 37-year-old Airdrie man who went missing in Montana last month, has been found dead.

He’d been there at a bachelor party for the groom of his old college roommate, according to his sister, Julia Collin. But the guys lost track of her brother when they returned from a strip club in the city to the rural property where the party started.

Trinia Collin-Gregory, Cameron’s cousin, said searchers were out on Saturday morning in the area where he’d gone missing weeks earlier, when a helicopter pilot saw his body in the creek.

[snip]

Collin’s original plan, after attending the wedding, was to fly out to Utah for his next work project as a petroleum engineer on Oct. 8. But Julia Collin said he never showed up to his flight. All of his belongings had been left behind at the property.

Cameron’s family put out a reward of $10,000 for concrete facts leading to Cameron’s discovery, hired local private investigator Mike Toth, and travelled back to Montana several times to search for him.
Body of Cameron Collin, missing Airdrie man, found in Montana | The Star

image.jpg

The Associated Press
Published Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:30PM EDT

BILLINGS, Mont. -- A 37-year-old Canadian man missing since early October has been found dead in Montana.

The Yellowstone County Sheriff's Office says the body of Cameron Collin was found about 9:30 a.m. Saturday in a creek south of Billings.

Collin had been in Montana for a wedding when he disappeared sometime on the night of Oct. 4.

A Sheriff's Office press release on Saturday said there has been no indication of foul play during its ongoing investigation.

An autopsy will be done Monday to determine the cause of death.
Body of missing Canadian man found in Montana

Lots of info about Cameron’s cell activity:

“‘We can track his phone activity — he’s on a plan with my parents,” Collin said.

‘You can see airtime, data usage and messaging. We can’t see who he messaged or anything like that … all activity on his phone stopped at 10:22 p.m.,’ she said.

Then we managed to use Google location tracking. A friend of a friend here in Alberta, she was able to track his phone and see the locations he went in Billings, where he went around and which way he went down to the property,’ she said. ‘It does look like he comes halfway back.’

But Collin said because her brother’s phone is a Canadian one, the Google location tracking function isn’t reliably accurate and makes it hard to determine where his path ended.

‘It’s pinging off of different towers,’ she said. ‘Where it ends, we feel like the phone just dies.’

That happened near a property on Pryor Road, which members of the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office have scoured, only to find ‘no sign of anybody trying to break in or anything like that,’ she said.

The other issue with the Google tracking function is that it’s vague and doesn’t give specific times; it just shows a range from 7 p.m. to 10:22 p.m., she said.

[SBM]

They’ve also hired local private investigator, Mike Toth with Elite Investigations, to help with the search.

Toth said he’s working with the local sheriff’s office to follow up on leads farther away from the property in question.

[SBM]

Collin’s original plan, after attending his college roommate’s wedding, was to fly out to Utah for his next work project as a petroleum engineer on Thanksgiving Monday (Oct. 8), his sister said. ‘Delta Air Lines were informed to let us know if he showed up for the flight, and he never showed up. All of his belongings were still at the property.’ (BBM)
Cellphone data and a doubled reward yield no leads in search for Airdrie man who vanished in Montana | The Star
Sadly, it appears the phone data was right on. The ping stopped near a property on Pryor Road - not far from where CC body located in the water. Although area was said searched before, reports are that the water level had dropped significantly since early October.

By ANNETA KONSTANTINIDES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:40 EST, 4 November 2018 | UPDATED: 12:08 EST, 4 November 2018

5752288-6351567-image-a-16_1541345143416.jpg

5752298-6351567-image-a-21_1541345182420.jpg

Collin's body was found in the water around 9.30am 'within a couple hundred yards' from the barn where his friends last saw him.

Water levels in the creek significantly dropped in the last few weeks, which is why authorities believe they were finally able to find Collin's body.

Collin, a petroleum engineer who lived in Alberta, had flown to Billings on October 4 to celebrate the wedding of a friend from college.

He joined the wedding party that day and the group eventually returned to a ranch where the wedding would be held about 12 miles outside of town.

The bachelor party said Collin became 'pretty intoxicated' that night, so they left him 'alone in the barn' and decided to go back into town around 10.45pm.

'The last they saw him, he was sleeping in a chair,' a private investigator hired by Collin's family told CBC last week.

'When they came back, about an hour and a half later, he was gone. His suitcase and jacket were still laying there, but Cam was nowhere to be found.'

'They thought maybe he called for a ride and went into town, so they didn't really raise any suspicion until Sunday.'
Body of missing Canadian man found in Montana creek | Daily Mail Online

Terrible to be left alone - intoxicated or not. Sorry for CC family and friends. MOO

RIP Cameron

I'm just so disturbed that they left him behind and didn't report him missing for a couple of days. That is just wrong on so many levels. It might not be criminally wrong but oh my goodness, it's so morally wrong.

“BILLINGS- Cameron Collin, whose body was discovered Saturday south of Billings in Pryor Creek, likely died of drowning, according to an autopsy, and authorities do not suspect foul play.

Yellowstone County Sheriff Mike Linder said Monday in a news release that the medical examiner’s final report will be made after toxicology reports are completed, which will take several weeks.“ (BBM)

Authorities: No foul play suspected in death of Canadian man found south of Billings

RIP Cameron

I'm just so disturbed that they left him behind and didn't report him missing for a couple of days. That is just wrong on so many levels. It might not be criminally wrong but oh my goodness, it's so morally wrong.

I can’t stop thinking about Cam’s family and sincerely hope at some point they’re able to somehow come to terms with this horrible tragedy. And hopefully the bride and groom and their friends have personally offered them a far more detailed account than what’s been published in the media, so they’re able to rationalize the sequence of events as purely a regrettable occurrence that nobody had any way of predicting. I think it would’ve been appropriate had the hosts offered their sympathies to the family via the media given the accident occurred on their property and imo the absence of any comment is unusual, but maybe they have good reason for not doing so.

So maybe it’s just also my suspicious mind but the alleged scenario as told seems very disturbing as well. The entire group takes off for only an hour and a half, leaving Cam behind by himself, knowing there’s a deep stream running through the property, then his sudden disappearance is explained away by maybe he got a ride into town? Nobody is concerned about the likelihood of him falling into the stream then? Even though all his personal belongings are left behind and he never checks into his hotel. So it’s not until after the wedding goes off without a hitch that the family, then in turn police are informed that one of their guests had mysteriously disappeared three days earlier. It just seems so......well, I don’t know what I’m thinking except to say it seems rather convenient that Cam’s disappearance and sudden death didn’t get in the way of their impending wedding plans. :(

This is such a sad case. I wish Cam's family the ability to find peace as time passes by.
1. It is wrong that Cam may have been left alone when feeling ill.
2. I wonder about the distance from the shed to Pryor Creek where his body was found.
3. Too much alcohol can be deadly for a variety of reasons.
My poor aunt found her 54 year old son in his home after he bled to death due to simply falling into a wicker hamper when he was drunk.
Occams Razor connects to Cam's death in my humble opinion.
RIP Cam.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back