Found Deceased MT - Cameron Collin, 37, Billings, 4 October 2018

Seattle1 included words stating that Cam's body was within a couple 100 yards of the barn.
That is equivalent to the length of 2 football fields. That, in my opinion, is quite a long distance from the barn.
I would be surprised that Cam would wander THAT far from the building in the dark.
I hope they revisit his autopsy reports looking more closely at the possibility of foul play.
That distance really bothers me.
MOO

Seattle1 included words stating that Cam's body was within a couple 100 yards of the barn.
That is equivalent to the length of 2 football fields. That, in my opinion, is quite a long distance from the barn.
I would be surprised that Cam would wander THAT far from the building in the dark.
I hope they revisit his autopsy reports looking more closely at the possibility of foul play.
That distance really bothers me.
MOO

Cam’s mysterious disappearance at the onset got surprisingly low media coverage in the press and most of that was a result of Cam’s sister speaking out while frantically travelling back and forth from Canada to Montana to assist in search efforts. The family hired a PI and they also offered a reward. But it almost seemed as if all the responsibility was on the family to draw attention to their loved ones sudden disappearance and then after his body was located, well he’s found and that was it. Given the strange facts that led up to it becoming known that Cam was missing, I sure do hope LE’s investigation was thorough regardless that he was a visitor to the state and Cam’s family was able to find peace with any answers they’ve been given. Otherwise the entire situation still nags at me as well.

I just heard of this case, I live in Butte, MT where Cam went to MT Tech. While I didn't know him, I feel like I need to help his family out!
Does anyone know who the wedding was for? I've searched through the Billings Gazette and can find 1 couple married on October 6, 2018 that appear to be around his age. I think if we know their names, we can find out a lot more info to get this case's details and to figure out what truly happened to Cam

Episode 42 of podcast True North True Crime covers this case really well.

A few things mentioned: Cameron's missing watch, severed finger and missing ring, possibly broken nose omitted from the initial autopsy, close to 300 messages deleted from his phone which was still working after being in the water for weeks?, someone deleted GPS data from his google account, etc.

To me it seems like foul play. Maybe he got into a fight with the groom (his injuries), they were all drunk, they leave him behind beaten... and he ends up dying?

All speculation, all MOO. But it doesn't seem like a drowning.

I just heard of this case, I live in Butte, MT where Cam went to MT Tech. While I didn't know him, I feel like I need to help his family out!
Does anyone know who the wedding was for? I've searched through the Billings Gazette and can find 1 couple married on October 6, 2018 that appear to be around his age. I think if we know their names, we can find out a lot more info to get this case's details and to figure out what truly happened to Cam
I don't know if we're allowed to share who the wedding was for.

But once you have the address where he was found (on a block of 5100 pryor road montana - link to local news), it's easy to use google street view to find the house that he visited. It has a metal gate now, on the road leading to the property, and didn't have that metal gate in street view in 2015. The metal gate was installed after the investigation started and is seen on the latest Google street view. The metal gate is mentioned in the podcast.

Once you know the address of the house, finding the residents isn't hard. When you find their Facebook account, you can see that the bride shared photos of Cameron publicly on her profile.

- edited for clarity

Last edited:
I hadn’t noticed this detailed, well-written article when it was published last October. No wonder his mother is dissatisfied with the accidental death ruling, it was a shoddy investigation right from the beginning IMO. Here’s the link below….autopsy irregularities are fascinating and along with the mention when he was first noted as missing no one tried to call him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back