MT MT - Glen Allen Walls, 17, Malmstrom Air Force Base, 10 Oct 1972

Sure look like it. I did a map with what I think are the locations mentioned. I am not familiar with Montana tho.

If we knew how long they were expected to be gone and what they were expected to be doing (hiking, day trip, etc) it would possibly determine which destination they may have taken.

View attachment 275659
I followed the route on Google maps from the base to the dam and a good portion of the road follows directly alongside the Missouri River. I'm thinking there's a high probability that they ran off the road somewhere along the way (if the dam was indeed their destination) and the car is likely underwater. I hope that's not the case, and that maybe they are both alive and well somewhere.

A case of a missing teenager that ends up being the case of three missing men. I don't get why Steve W. Barnhill and Dennis Stechschulte don't appear on any missing people database.
And there's nothing that could make us believe they were located (dead or alive).

When a military service person goes missing for any reason, he/she is declared UA or AWOL by the person's unit. After 30 days, and a number of administrative procedures, if still missing, he/she is declared a Deserter and all individual service records are forwarded to the National Military Personnel Records Center (NMPRC) IN St. Louis, MO.

Additionally, the missing person's name is placed on a "Deserter List" maintained by each separate branch of service. Those lists are only updated when a case is resolved, and there are still names on them that predate the Korean War.

I doubt it but could he have been a possible Gacy victim? I think he kind of looks like Body 21 which is still unidentified i have doubts though but given it was 1972 around the time Gacy started his killing spree it’s a small but i still say unlikely possibility

Unidentified bodies of Gacy.

1. https:///wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy_victims

2. Body 21. https:///wiki/Body_21

Possibly stared at these too long but I see matching birthmarks below the lips..

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.58.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.58.35 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-12 at 11.59.53 AM.png
A few photos of Steve Barnhill from his high school yearbook and a news article about government officials being kidnapped, ironically. I don't see any trace of him after his senior yearbook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back