MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

Well carp .......... was hoping for a better conclusion than this. It did look promising. Good sleuthing please don't give up.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.....

It's disappointing news. Thanks to RKnowley & all others working for Grateful Dead Jason Doe. As RK's contact said, "maybe next time".

Jason Donald Reynolds was recently ruled out as being Jason Doe AKA Grateful Dead Fan, I wanted to start a new thread for Jason Donald Reynolds, so that we can continue our search for him.

Jason_Reynolds-1.jpg

Jason Donald Reynolds Photo circa 1993

Case Report - NamUs MP # 7709
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Jason
Middle name Donald
Last name Reynolds
Nickname(s)
NCMEC numbe
r
Date LKA June 01, 1993 - 00:00
Date entered July 18, 2010
Age LKA 17 to 17 years old
Age now 35 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height 68.0 to 70.0 inches
Weight 115.0 to 120.0 pounds
Circumstances
City
State
Zip code
County
Circumstances
Physical Characteristics

Hair color Brown
Head hair Brown
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color Hazel
Right eye color Hazel
Piercings left ear pierced
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA
No DNA information is currently available
Fingerprint Information
Police Information
Title Lt.
First name Ron
Last name Wilson
Jurisdiction County
Agency Yellowstone County Sheriff's Department
Address 1 219 No. 26th
Address 2
City Billings
State Montana
Zip code 59107
Phone (406)256-2939
Email rwilson@co.yellowstone.mt.gov
Case number
Date reported
Comments

Here is Jason's missing person flyer. Notice that he went missing in 1993 and the poster was not created until 1996.

jason_reynolds.jpg

Bummer...Could it be at all possible that JDR had dental work done in the 2yrs between being reported missing and the date of the accident. Maybe his wisdom teeth were crowding and needed to be pulled or maybe he had some bad cavities and had an extraction and a filling. (It's cheaper to be pulled than repaired.) I wonder who compared the records?

Oh duh! I switched the Jasons when I read the e-mail...guess it cannot be our guy. total bummer.

I am SOOOO disappointed! What do you all think about another "run" at the "Carolines" lead? I know she did not want to be involved, but wasn't that some time ago. Worth another try?

If you would like to discuss the "Caroline's" lead, I would suggest you go to the thread below to discuss information related to the 2 Carolines', more posters would see it there and be able offer up anything related to it.

Caroline's phone number - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I am SOOOO disappointed! What do you all think about another "run" at the "Carolines" lead? I know she did not want to be involved, but wasn't that some time ago. Worth another try?

I hate to even post this, but, the case manager in charge of Jason Doe's case sent me an email today stating the following:

RK, I'm sorry. :hug:

FWIW, I thought you had found his identity, I really did.

But you are one person closer to finding who he was, by eliminating one person he isn't.

JMHO.

I got bored and decided to check out doenetwork for possible unID'ed people matching JR.

I checked the following states: OH, IA, MN, NE, WY, MT, ID, ND, SD, UT, WA, OR
And Provinces: BC, Alberta, Sas, Manitoba

Not one looked like it was even close.

That doesn't sound very convincing. Did they actually look at X-Rays or just read a report stating that JDR had "extractions"? That could mean wisdom teeth were removed, and saying "Jason Doe had all his teeth" doesn't necessarily include or exclude wisdom teeth.

I'd feel better if I knew a forensic dentist viewed charts and/or xrays. We don't know if that's the case or not?

I'm afraid that the results are correct, that Jason Donald Reynolds is not our Jason Doe. The dental x-rays for Jason Donald Reynolds were sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner - Virginia, they reviewed the x-rays for both Jason Donald Reynolds & our Jason Doe and were able to rule out Jason Donald Reynolds as a match for Jason Doe.

That doesn't sound very convincing. Did they actually look at X-Rays or just read a report stating that JDR had "extractions"? That could mean wisdom teeth were removed, and saying "Jason Doe had all his teeth" doesn't necessarily include or exclude wisdom teeth.

I'd feel better if I knew a forensic dentist viewed charts and/or xrays. We don't know if that's the case or not?

The only information that I know of about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance is that he was a known runaway. We know that he was adopted out of Ohio by the Reynolds', and that at some point they moved from Ohio to Montana.

Is there any information on the circumstances surrounding Jason Reynold's disappearance?

Oh even though I came in late on this I am so sorry. I too was sure you had a match, how heartbreaking but this is nothing like what all these families go through everyday when looking for their loved one.
I would really like to help find this Jason Doe's family, there must be someone out there looking for him :(

I'm afraid that the results are correct, that Jason Donald Reynolds is not our Jason Doe. The dental x-rays for Jason Donald Reynolds were sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner - Virginia, they reviewed the x-rays for both Jason Donald Reynolds & our Jason Doe and were able to rule out Jason Donald Reynolds as a match for Jason Doe.

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that Jason Reynolds is not Jason Doe. Couldn't there have been a mix-up in the dental records along the way? :sheesh:

Hi Guys - we are going to hold off on this conversation until we get some more details.

We will try to keep you updated.

Any questions, shoot me or Believe09 a pm and we will answer what we can.

Thanks,

Salem

Hi Guys - we are going to hold off on this conversation until we get some more details.

We will try to keep you updated.

Any questions, shoot me or Believe09 a pm and we will answer what we can.

Thanks,

Salem

Have we heard anything else? I have been away for a while and just curious as to what's going on w/ this case.

I am very curious too, I have been following this case for years but we are not allowed to know what is going on right now. They have to look into things and we will just have to wait to see what happens...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria
Back