MT MT - Nyleen Marshall, 4, Clancy, 25 June 1983

Just a headsup for all SW WI people - Channel 12 in the AM is doing a monthlong report on WI's missing kids. It looks like they have their lineup pretty well set, but hopefully it will be popular enough they will continue or expand it.

Please tune in!

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/...955/detail.html

I'm trying to convince them to look into Nyleen's story. I sent them an email, but if anyone is willing - please use the above link to contact them. I just sent them her Charley project page, and mentioned the WI connection.

Ang50 said:
Just a headsup for all SW WI people - Channel 12 in the AM is doing a monthlong report on WI's missing kids. It looks like they have their lineup pretty well set, but hopefully it will be popular enough they will continue or expand it.

Please tune in!

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/...955/detail.html

I'm trying to convince them to look into Nyleen's story. I sent them an email, but if anyone is willing - please use the above link to contact them. I just sent them her Charley project page, and mentioned the WI connection.

I will do this. I already sent emails to severla local papers months ago but got nothing back. I'll email these guys now.

Cattitude said:
I thought some of you might find this interesting. Nyleen was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries, if some of you saw that episode, you would have seen her mother. She was murdered in mexico while looking for a house for her family to move into as her husband Kim was being transferred. She was found raped, with her hands bound behind her back, hung with a mans belt, all jewelery and valuables missing, and the mexican police labeled it a suicide and refused us jurisdiction to investigate. Voila! A whole new unsolved mystery for you. Poor Kim, how much can the man take?

Good God. I must have missed this post the first time round. This is so awful.

I, too, searched and found nothing. Maybe there's little information since the crime appeared outside the US and so much time has passed. Has the father remarried? What about Nyleen's siblings? Have they been actively involved in anything recent?

Talking about the girl in the hospital having a baby....I wonder what she said her name was? I can see her thinking that her mother's name might have been Nyleen. If she was only 4 yrs when she was taken the name might still be in her memory but she doesn't remember that it was her name and thinks that it could have been her mother's name.

If I lived in the towns where the letters and phone calls came from I would make up flyers and I would put her picture on the flyers but I would use the one when she was 4 yrs old. There might be people who remember her as a little girl or even if she saw a flyer now she might recognize herself as a 4 yr old. Some of the age progressive pic's are maybe close but if it happens not to look like she actually looks now people wouldn't recognize her and wouldn't recognize her name because they have never known her by that name. I doubt that she goes by Kay. I don't think the abductor would let LE know what name she was going by. It would be worth a try anyway.

I can't recall where I heard/read this, but someone did an experiment where they made up a poster of a missing child, then set the child on a bench in front of it. Not one single person bit.

I guess I OCCASIONALLY read posters, but, truthfully, not much. But, of course, it's worth a try.

Are there OTHER pictures of Nyleen? You would think the parents had more than just the one photo.

They may not anymore. One family of a missing girl that I know about gave every photo of her that they had to the police. And the police lost every single one.

meggilyweggily said:
They may not anymore. One family of a missing girl that I know about gave every photo of her that they had to the police. And the police lost every single one.

That would really upset me.

Trino said:
I can't recall where I heard/read this, but someone did an experiment where they made up a poster of a missing child, then set the child on a bench in front of it. Not one single person bit.

I guess I OCCASIONALLY read posters, but, truthfully, not much. But, of course, it's worth a try.

Are there OTHER pictures of Nyleen? You would think the parents had more than just the one photo.

I remember hearing that story too. I don't know if they have more pictures or not but one photo is better than none..lol. Wouldn't that be great if a flyer of her as a child actually helped find her now!!

lisag said:
That would really upset me.
Yeah, it certainly upset them. The only photo left is the one on her NCMEC poster and it's so cruddy it's just about impossible to tell what the girl really looked like.

Unfortunately back 20, 30 years ago, that happened more often than you'd like to think of, and perhaps happens even now. I have another case where the cops lost the missing girl's file, which included her dental records and contact info for all her relatives. So even if she does turn up, she has no one to come home to.

Nyleen's case is intriguing. I find it difficult to understand how she was walking with a group of kids, then suddenly disappeared. If a mountain lion got her, you would think she would have screamed. If a person lured her, maybe not. How far behind the other kids was she?

What are her siblings currently saying about Nyleen? Is her father still alive?

What does anyone else think? Of course, I'm no expert at this by any means. :waitasec:

I'm no expert either, but I do see a resemblance. What makes me question it though, is what appears to be a birthmark on the Myspace girl's forehead. The descriptions of Nyleen that I've read don't mention a birthmark, and the photo doesn't show one either. Is it possible for a birthmark to appear later in life?

Sable said:
I'm no expert either, but I do see a resemblance. What makes me question it though, is what appears to be a birthmark on the Myspace girl's forehead. The descriptions of Nyleen that I've read don't mention a birthmark, and the photo doesn't show one either. Is it possible for a birthmark to appear later in life?

I don't think that it is possible for a birthmark to show up later in life, But, could it be a scar (like a burn scar)? I have a burn scar on my leg and it looks exactly like that - it is just a brown spot on my leg, nothing raised or red, just brown. Could it possible be something like that? I just don't know. I wish someone else would give their opinion of it. :)

I googled Dane county to get a zip code (I used 53562), then under browse I typed in the zip code, 5 mile radius, put 28-28 for age range, and hit update. It pulled up a girl with the name Kay as her display name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back