MT MT - Nyleen Marshall, 4, Clancy, 25 June 1983

I think it is very strange that the Myspace post stated...Nylee (haha). It makes me wonder if this Kay has been contacted by LE already.

My guess is that she was contacted by LE or the NCFMEC and then told her friends about it... If she is NOT Nyleen, maybe they thought it was weird, funny, strange, whatever.. that anyone would even think that - and that is why she "sarcastically" called her Nyleen... IMO, anyway...

I think you might be right. I do think they look alike though.

I think you might be right. I do think they look alike though.

But what else is weird, is the girl below that post, posted on Apr 9th about she hopes to see her soon before she (the girl posting) moves back to Montana... odd...

I think the Montana response is sarcastic, as is using the name Nyleen. Guess you have to be that age to think it could be funny.

The poster that mentioned Montana lists that she attended Montana State University, so I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility that she (the poster) is actually moving back to Montana.

Obviously I don't know for sure....just thought I'd mention.

Hi all, just found this thread and checked out the MySpace page. I agree, I think the MySpace girl was contacted by LE recently, and either she isn't Nyleen, or doesn't believe she's Nyleen. On April 15th she posted on her friend Mindy's page, "From you secret friend Nyleen. LOL". Before that, no mention of the word Nyleen.

From an old article I found:
(subscription to Newsbank required to view the whole story)

Wisconsin State Journal (Madison, WI)
August 20, 1991
Author: Denise Sanders Police reporter

KIDNAPPER, VICTIM, ONCE IN MADISON

``There were about three calls placed from Madison,'' said special agent Kent Miller of the Madison FBI office.

Miller said it was not known whether the two were headed away from Madison or were returning to the area. The last call was placed from a phone booth May 9, 1986.

Miller said a letter postmarked from Madison in June 1986 was the last known written communication. Miller confirmed that three letters were mailed locally to the girl's parents, Nancy and Kim Marshall.

``He was traveling through, either a salesman or a truck driver - something that resulted in his living on the road,'' Miller speculated.

According to the producers [of Unsolved Mysteries], the kidnapper wrote extensively to the parents about how he and the girl, now 12, had traveled around the country and even to Europe. He told them he was raising Nyleen as his own child and had no intention of returing her to her parents.

Its not her. I'm betting the Nyleen thing is a joke. Someone is reading this thread, hence the joke referring to as "Nyleen" on her myspace.

I am willing to bet 100% that someone is reading this thread and has told her and she thinks its funny!

I was sick this past weekend and caught Nyleen's story on an old episode of UM, when I couldn't sleep.

As for the MySpace girl..... I don't see what is funny about a missing child.

And I'm unclear from reading this thread..... has anyone confirmed whether Nancy is deceased or alive?

I was sick this past weekend and caught Nyleen's story on an old episode of UM, when I couldn't sleep.

As for the MySpace girl..... I don't see what is funny about a missing child.

And I'm unclear from reading this thread..... has anyone confirmed whether Nancy is deceased or alive?

I don't think missing children are funny. However it is clear that the post on the myspace page referring to her as Nyleen is a joke. I do not think this girl is Nyleen.

That woman is not her and she was contracted by LE

Flower, did you write to her? I was thinking of sending her a message, but would hate to bombard her if others have been contacting her.

I don't think missing children are funny. However it is clear that the post on the myspace page referring to her as Nyleen is a joke. I do not think this girl is Nyleen.

I wasn't referring to you, emma!!!

I was referring to the girl on MySpace, who- from what I have read here- thinks the situation is humorous.

I haven't seen it for myself since I keep MySpace blocked at home and at work, I am basing that only on what I read above.

I wasn't referring to you, emma!!!

I was referring to the girl on MySpace, who- from what I have read here- thinks the situation is humorous.

I haven't seen it for myself since I keep MySpace blocked at home and at work, I am basing that only on what I read above.

Ah I see! Sorry!

Law Enforcement. =) I have always wondered what IIRC is.

IIRC = if I recall correctly
IMHO = in my honest opinion

(I had trouble with both of these)

ETA = Edited to add. It took me a few months to get that one...LOL :doh: (laughing out loud)

I am not sure either what is funny about the situation. Why there 2 girls think it is funny is beyond me. Maybe I just don't have a sense of humor.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back