Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a victim of an offence, and therefore someone who is a suspect, in the case of missing person Rebekah Barsotti? This would fall under the Criminal Justice Information Act of 1979.

Or is Rebekah Barsotti a missing person? If Rebekah Barsotti is a missing person, the family should be able to get a copy of the missing person report, as that is allowed under Montana legislation. The form used to file missing persons reports is found here. Clarification is needed.

As for alleged conspiracies involving the Montana Highway Patrol, perhaps the OP can elaborate on what that means. All I've seen is this one involving the origin of the "3-7-77 Montana Vigilantes" shoulder patches on their uniforms:

This is the same team that was there in August 2021; they were never provided a photograph of Rebekah. They were never informed that a volunteer from the community with side sonar had retrieved several images of what appeared to be Rebekah on August 10, 2021.
This is a startling claim, can any verifiable information be provided? Did someone claim they actually have side sonar images of a female body? How could it be said "appeared to be Rebekah", if it was not clearly a body?

As no link was provided, I have found this link that explains the right to know and right to privacy in Montana.

If you go to "initial offence reports", it leads here:

This does not address 911 calls about missing person reports.

FYI, the reach of the authority of Montana Highway Patrol seems to extend well beyond highways.

I have previously posted this link at least twice.
The state constitution gives the 911 caller the right to privacy. If you do further research, you can find all the reasons that the constitution has this exception for releasing information. Many states, and indeed some places in Canada, give this right to privacy more weight. There is no absolute right to information.
Troopers are LE officers that have enforcement powers in that state, however, their primary duties are to the safety and enforcement of laws on state routes.

Is there a victim of an offence, and therefore someone who is a suspect, in the case of missing person Rebekah Barsotti? This would fall under the Criminal Justice Information Act of 1979.

Or is Rebekah Barsotti a missing person? If Rebekah Barsotti is a missing person, the family should be able to get a copy of the missing person report, as that is allowed under Montana legislation. The form used to file missing persons reports is found here. Clarification is needed.

This is not a LE agency missing person report. This form is used by LE to ensure that all necessary information is entered into the NCIC record. It came into use to standardize collected information and expedite access to each person's circumstances/identifiers.
The type of case is not addressed in the constitution, the right to privacy applies whether it is criminal or not.
NCIC Missing Person Initial Entry ReportUsed by law enforcement agencies to gather information about a missing person for entry into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) missing persons database.

As for alleged conspiracies involving the Montana Highway Patrol, perhaps the OP can elaborate on what that means. All I've seen is this one involving the origin of the "3-7-77 Montana Vigilantes" shoulder patches on their uniforms:

Troopers in Montana do not wear a vigilante patch on their uniforms, that's kind of an offensive statement. I don't see that it states that in the article.

Here is an interview from today with James Terry on Williston Trending Topics News Radio Live. They were the only news outlet that would cover this case since February. The family is grateful for their continuing coverage.
Interview

Here is an interview from today with James Terry on Williston Trending Topics News Radio Live. They were the only news outlet that would cover this case since February. The family is grateful for their continuing coverage.
Interview
My condolences to you, Laura, and to everyone in Rebekah's family. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this difficult news with us.

Am I looking at the map right, it’s 25ish miles downstream from where she was at Alberton Rock?

Is this body found in the same area as where the sonar detected something?
Adding to that, the road at this location connects to Mullan Road, leading directly back into Superior. On the opposite shore is Diamond Road, leading directly back to the Town Pump, where Rebekah was last seen, allegedly. This is not very far at all from where Rebekah "vanished". How odd that she would find her way back home, if this is her.

The family is aware of this breaking new development. Thank you everyone for your continued support and concern. We are waiting for the official reports.

What a terrible news. From the content of the interview it seems this are almost certain the remains of Rebekah, but understandable the family has to wait for the official reports. I hope they come quick and will shed light on what has happened to beautiful Rebekah. My sincere condolences to you Laura and to all other family members.

Interview
The body was found on a riverbank! and was intact. How is that possible after 10 months in the water? I hope a ME is going to look into this very diligent and elaborates on this. Also Funk has said to the family that she was "placed" there. Isn't all of this very strange? I think this case is far from over.

What a terrible news. From the content of the interview it seems this are almost certain the remains of Rebekah, but understandable the family has to wait for the official reports. I hope they come quick and will shed light on what has happened to beautiful Rebekah. My sincere condolences to you Laura and to all other family members.

Interview
The body was found on a riverbank! and was intact. How is that possible after 10 months in the water? I hope a ME is going to look into this very diligent and elaborates on this. Also Funk has said to the family that she was "placed" there. Isn't all of this very strange? I think this case is far from over.
Montana is famous for coyotes. There are also corvids, such as ravens and magpies, and mammal scavengers. The complete absence of scavenger species is quite remarkable. Isn't this a repeat of what happened to Cerberus?

Montana is famous for coyotes. There are also corvids, such as ravens and magpies, and mammal scavengers. The complete absence of scavenger species is quite remarkable. Isn't this a repeat of what happened to Cerberus?
Yes...I hear you....for now I ask the universe there is going to be a real good, professional, ME out there....who is honest...not covering up anything....

The location is also very telling. 26 miles from the Alberton rock. She surely didn't walk there, she certainly didn't float down the river for the last 10 months, considering the condition the body was in, " looks like she had been there a week" was a statement from witness that PI quoted in the interview on Williston Radio interview. It sure is looking like she was abducted/ kidnapped from the rock. The discovery of her body where it is should be direct evidence of criminal activity. Also, recovery location is 5 miles south of Superior and the martial home. Praying that now the case moves out of the missing/ river accident category and into a criminal investigation. My continued prayers and support go out to you Laura and the entire family. Sadly,today I send condolences and prayers for justice for Rebekah.

Adding to that, the road at this location connects to Mullan Road, leading directly back into Superior. On the opposite shore is Diamond Road, leading directly back to the Town Pump, where Rebekah was last seen, allegedly. This is not very far at all from where Rebekah "vanished". How odd that she would find her way back home, if this is her.
Rebekah was last "seen" at the Town Pump in Superior by a friend/employee of her estranged husband. After 10 months, we still don't know if she and Cerberus were "seen" on security footage, or just her vehicle.

Rebekah's belongings and vehicle were found at the Alberton rest stop. No witnesses have come forward who saw her in person at that location and time. There was a cellphone "ping". A ping is not proof of a specific person being somewhere. Someone from "Oregon" found her belongings neatly laid out on shore and called 911. That call is secret.

What independent, verifiable proof is available that Rebekah and Cerberus were at the gas bar or the Alberton rest stop on July 20, 2021? (Phone cameras do strange things. A photo on mine changed its date to five years before it was really taken.)

It was my theory way back when that the timeline was not what we were led to believe. It is and was my belief that the last time Rebekah was "seen" by an independent third party was on her final shift at work.

With so many of the purported "facts" in this case being open to debate, I hope that there is a public inquest into Rebekah Barsotti's death. I do not know Montana's rules for holding one. I also hope that her family of origin is allowed to take possession of her remains and seek an independent autopsy if they so wish. If Rebekah's remains are not returned to her parents, and if they are not allowed to seek an independent autopsy (if they wish), then I will draw my own conclusions.

Why wasn't the former marital home searched? Will it be searched now? Where has Rebekah been all this time? There seem to be even more holes in the story now than a week ago. What about that sonar?

Rebekah was last "seen" at the Town Pump in Superior by a friend/employee of her estranged husband. After 10 months, we still don't know if she and Cerberus were "seen" on security footage, or just her vehicle.

Rebekah's belongings and vehicle were found at the Alberton rest stop. No witnesses have come forward who saw her in person at that location and time. There was a cellphone "ping". A ping is not proof of a specific person being somewhere. Someone from "Oregon" found her belongings neatly laid out on shore and called 911. That call is secret.

What independent, verifiable proof is available that Rebekah and Cerberus were at the gas bar or the Alberton rest stop on July 20, 2021? (Phone cameras do strange things. A photo on mine changed its date to five years before it was really taken.)

It was my theory way back when that the timeline was not what we were led to believe. It is and was my belief that the last time Rebekah was "seen" by an independent third party was on her final shift at work.

With so many of the purported "facts" in this case being open to debate, I hope that there is a public inquest into Rebekah Barsotti's death. I do not know Montana's rules for holding one. I also hope that her family of origin is allowed to take possession of her remains and seek an independent autopsy if they so wish. If Rebekah's remains are not returned to her parents, and if they are not allowed to seek an independent autopsy (if they wish), then I will draw my own conclusions.

Why wasn't the former marital home searched? Will it be searched now? Where has Rebekah been all this time? There seem to be even more holes in the story now than a week ago. What about that sonar?
There was a selfie of her taken while driving from that day, I can’t remember if it was coming or going to Town Pump, and there was also video of her and her dog at Alberton rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member