Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. to me it looked like ...IDK whatcha call it, but like a cord that would go on a trouble light. Some sort of heavy-duty electrical cord.

Sure wish that LE officer would move out of the way! :floorlaugh:

I think you're right. Do you see the 'hump' in it just to the left of his right leg?

ETA: I guess I'm wondering if it could be the inside panel to the right rear passenger door?

I don't think it's the right rear passenger door panel because that door is open and you can see the panel. You can see the speaker cover portion of it very clearly. Those panels come in one piece so with all due respect I don't think that's very likely.

The yellow box looks like a tool box with the lid open and I think what we're seeing is only a portion of the object or objects as the remaining unseen parts are actually inside the box. Also note that the greenish lump that you see just in front of the officers left shin is not completely solid as you can see the white stick through it.

JMO (just my observation) ;)

The subpeona was for the civil case - nothing to do with the criminal case.

It is possible Nancy corresponded with someone on a crisis hotline there or even went to talk to see what options may exist.

RC, that's possible, but for records it would be a subpeona duces tecum, not a SW. There would be no need for LE to go to Interact and search for evidence.

I don't think it's the right rear passenger door panel because that door is open and you can see the panel. You can see the speaker cover portion of it very clearly. Those panels come in one piece so with all due respect I don't think that's very likely.

The yellow box looks like a tool box with the lid open and I think what we're seeing is only a portion of the object or objects as the remaining unseen parts are actually inside the box. Also note that the greenish lump that you see just in front of the officers left shin is not completely solid as you can see the white stick through it.

You must have a great monitor!

Note to self: Get a new monitor.

Thanks!

I think that "white stick" actually is the sunny part which is bounded on the top by a thin shadow, and on the bottom by more shadow. Looks like the shadows are caused by the opened doors of the SUV.

Not sure I buy that. :cool:

Why not? AFAIK, Clients usually do not go the the office. They would go to the shelter. My initial contacts with them was by telephone, and after several calls they convinced me that I needed to come in, and they told me to go to the shelter.

A SW has a different function than a sdt.

I've typed up plenty of both.

I think that "white stick" actually is the sunny part which is bounded on the top by a thin shadow, and on the bottom by more shadow. Looks like the shadows are caused by the opened doors of the SUV.

Star 12, if you look at the whole picture again you can see a white stick laying on the driveway under the X5 that juts out the left and right sides. If you look very closely you can just make out hash marks for measuring on the left side of it. You can also see that it runs under the vehicle.

Why not? AFAIK, Clients usually do not go the the office. They would go to the shelter. My initial contacts with them was by telephone, and after several calls they convinced me that I needed to come in, and they told me to go to the shelter.

A SW has a different function than a sdt.

I've typed up plenty of both.

I realize they are different - but a warrant is still necessary to obtain documentation relating to phone calls, especially if they are taped and the matter is related to a criminal case, not civil.

I realize they are different - but a warrant is still necessary to obtain documentation relating to phone calls, especially if they are taped and the matter is related to a criminal case, not civil.

hmmmm... I'm not sure about phone records or to be honest what the laws are in North Carolina about this. But at the shelter I worked at (in a different state) it was done with a subpoena which included either the administrator or a case worker along with the client's file (and we made note of all phone calls etc so that info would have been in the file *if* the person was a client - instead of someone just calling for information). If they'd put in an application a note would have been made on that, but if not and it was a more general call there wouldn't have been any physical records kept by the facility. (I worked at a transitional housing facility for homeless families, and did work with local agencies including those for domestic abuse, but I'm sure our policies were different than those of places like the abuse shelters)

ETA - HOWever if NC ever stayed at a shelter - even for one night - they would have a file on her!!

Was anyone living in Cary way back when a couple who were divorcing went to meet each other at the lawyer's office on Walnut Street (directly across from Cary HS) and the husband had come into the office with a bomb strapped onto himself. The bomb went off in the lawyer's office. It was Tom Earls' office. He's still a lawyer, now lives in Raleigh. I can't remember what happened to the two who were divorcing. It was awful. I guess it was in the late 1970s or very early 1980s. Earls was our lawyer for a real estate transaction several times. He told me that he was no longer "doing divorces". :D

I know. That has nothing to do with anything. Except that it happened in "safe, uptopian" Cary. Hmpfh.

Looking at the pictures on the N&O site with the crime scene tape, vehicles being searched, etc. The date says the 16th, but it says Tuesday. The 16th was Wednesday. I do believe some were taken on Tuesday since it says once NC was identified tape is put up.
Is it me or are these dates mixed and some should state the 15th and other the 16th?

#34 with BC leaving the house....doesn't he look like someone beside himself in grief who just found it was his wife's body that was found??

People sometimes go absolutely ape---- during divorces.

Looking at the pictures on the N&O site with the crime scene tape, vehicles being searched, etc. The date says the 16th, but it says Tuesday. The 16th was Wednesday. I do believe some were taken on Tuesday since it says once NC was identified tape is put up.
Is it me or are these dates mixed and some should state the 15th and other the 16th?

#34 with BC leaving the house....doesn't he look like someone beside himself in grief who just found it was his wife's body that was found??

Uh... an 'oh chit' moment, but don't see any grief

Uh... an 'oh chit' moment, but don't see any grief
Is it me or has there just been NO emotion on the part of BC at all at the news conference or this photo?
Again a long sleeve shirt...

I think I've seen emotion from him when he did speak at that one presser but I think what I saw was fear and later that look of seething hatred on his face as reporters were asking questions of Chief Bazemore.

We've certainly not seen a look of anything since NC's body was discovered.

When BC went to LTF he could have had both cards and said something like my wife will be in here in a minute, she's getting the kids out and one is asleep... or he could have used his wife's card saying he used her car instead and his card is in his car. He could have told them that they could see on the profile that they had a family membership, showed them his ID hoping they wouldn't remember the transaction.

When BC went to LTF he could have had both cards and said something like my wife will be in here in a minute, she's getting the kids out and one is asleep... or he could have used his wife's card saying he used her car instead and his card is in his car. He could have told them that they could see on the profile that they had a family membership, showed them his ID hoping they wouldn't remember the transaction.

yeah...thereby providing BC an alibi, "oh, NC was at the gym while i was at ,,," but he HAD to know LE would check that out. i mean, there are a lot of cameras outside that building keeping watch over the parking lot and entrance area! :eek:

IMO and, of course, presuming BC did, as JA stated, kill NC.

I think I've seen emotion from him when he did speak at that one presser but I think what I saw was fear and later that look of seething hatred on his face as reporters were asking questions of Chief Bazemore.

We've certainly not seen a look of anything since NC's body was discovered.

I actually thought Chief Bazemore had more emotion when she made the announcement confirming it was NC who had been identified.

yeah...thereby providing BC an alibi, "oh, NC was at the gym while i was at ,,," but he HAD to know LE would check that out. i mean, there are a lot of cameras outside that building keeping watch over the parking lot and entrance area! :eek:

IMO and, of course, presuming BC did, as JA stated, kill NC.

Zoe - if you know is the Lochmere Swim & Tennis Club also a private, members only, club ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther