Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Brad is NOT charged in Nancy's murder then IF he wants his daughters back, he WILL get them. He is their bio father, whether Nancy's family likes it or not, those children are Brad's. And I do NOT believe a judge is going at ask a BIO father to undergo a Psych exam to have his daughters returned to him - he ALLOWED Nancy's family to take the children (for whatever reason) but legally speaking, Brad is still the custodial parent. The GP's just got him to agree they could have TEMPORARY custody of the girls until the murder investigation was completed.

Lot of "IFS" here. Brad must be cleared, and he must WANT his daughters - which is going to require a HUGE lifestyle change for him AND for the girls too. Full-time Day-Care or a nanny and if no full-time nanny, there will be no weekday activities or dance lessons (because Brad will have to work). No more Ironman triathalons, no more extended trips away from home (if any overnight trips at all) and Brad will have to hire a housekeeper or learn to cook, clean and do laundry. And ALL of them will need counseling - together and separately. Becoming an instant single parent in a place where you have no family and at this point, very little community support will be tough for ALL of them - Brad may decide the girls are better off in Canada - not likely - but it is a possibility.

I predict a "non-suspect" Brad will move - perhaps just to a different area or neighborhood, but maybe back to Canada. I don't think BC will stay in his current home if he is cleared, not with many of the neighbors openly hostile. And I have to agree with one point, IF Brad is NOT a suspect and is cleared if I were him I would NOT send my daughters to a school or day care where ANY of the children of friends of Nancy might attend. The affidavits made it clear their opinions of Brad and THAT could eventually harm the ONLY 100% innocents in all of this, the daughters. It is NOT right for ANY adult to make those girls pay in any way for something they didn't choose and cannot change - they are his daughters and they cannot be anything else.

My Opinion

See, I just have to disagree with this. BC's wife died under suspicious circumstances. He could be the next Jason Young. This could drag out for years. He's suicidal, he's not suicidal, he's a narcissist, he's not a narcissist, he can be volatile, explosive, etc. or not. Just depends on who you talk to. If he did not do this, it just plain sucks that he's having to go through all this but I'm sorry, go through it he must for the sake of those girls.

Sperm donor does not equal loving, attentive, responsible parent. Yes, BC seems to have some issues that have been brought light, coincidentally his wife just happened to be murdered just prior to that. Of course he should be evaluated before he can get the girls back. For the judge to ignore these very extraordinary circumstances and not made sufficient provisions for Bella & Katie's welfare, i.e. (a psych consult), would be negligent.

IMO

Thanks for the clarification Star. Does Mr. Cooper have to submit to a the test? Or, is this where the plaintiffs have to provide good reason/evidence to the judge why Mr. Cooper should and the judge says Yea or Nay?

Yes, Lochmere, Regency, and the Bluffs are very nice, I used to work near there.

MT3K, since you seem to have access to lots of tidbits of info, have you heard anything about what articles were found in the woods? IIRC, there were early reports that some item(s) of clothing was/were found during the search.

BC himself said he had located a shovel. My understanding is the LE determined it was a construction shovel left behind.

Thanks for the clarification Star. Does Mr. Cooper have to submit to a the test? Or, is this where the plaintiffs have to provide good reason/evidence to the judge why Mr. Cooper should and the judge says Yea or Nay?

I'll defer to Star, but surely the plantiff's have to at least provide some compelling reason (maybe as Star asserts, it is not uncommon for the bar to be fairly low with the amount of compelling reason needed, when children are involved).

I still wonder who (typically) covers the tab ($) if it's ordered....(and yes, I realize, where the children are involved this is the least of the worries, but I'm just curious. Maybe it's a case-by-case decision (on who foots the bill...) In this case, I would assume it would be the GP side though (again, if it's ordered).

The GP's had something to present to the judge for the Ex Parte in order to do it so swift...
There is absolutely no way any family comes in from another country and says I think my son in law is unstable, I need my grandkids, not from a bio parent and gets it granted immediately.

IF you recall the Ex Parte was signed before the SW was even completed!

Believe me, it was because the LE had enough on BC by the time they left BC's home Saturday the 12th. All they wanted was to find NC so they could pursue the Ex Parte ASAP.

Now it is a matter of getting DNA and TOD to take mr BC to :behindbar

I really do wonder what was presented at that hearing. Of course, we know the plaintiffs and LE testified. The judge's findings of fact section is very interesting to me. Particularly interesting to me is Finding of Fact #8 (BC attempted suicide as a teenager & threat in winter 2008). Was it a finding of fact b/c the plaintiffs testified it was so or did they have some documentation presented?

With that goes Finding of Fact #15 that BC has a history of emotional instability.

I'm just curious as to how something becomes a finding of fact. I know in the Rentz's statement, there's the statement "upon information and belief" and just what it takes for that to become a finding of fact.

Mom, why do you think he was intent on getting folks to concentrate on that shovel? Trying to raise a(nother) smoke screen?

BC himself said he had located a shovel. My understanding is the LE determined it was a construction shovel left behind.

No, I was referring to articles of clothing, not the shovel. I'll have to see if I can locate the article again.

Yes, Lochmere, Regency, and the Bluffs are very nice, I used to work near there.

The hearing on the motion is set to be argued by both attorneys in front of the judge on September 22. IMO it will be granted.

You can play "what if" with this. What if there is some sort of a problem, and harm should come to the children? Is it not better to err on the side of caution as far as the children are concerned?

Therefore, why should the judge say Nay?

So, if the judge orders the eval be done, Mr. Cooper will have to comply, or face contempt of court.

Likely the attorney will find out who can perform the eval, the order will be faxed to the doctor, and they will set up the times for the appointments.

Mom, why do you think he was intent on getting folks to concentrate on that shovel? Trying to raise a(nother) smoke screen?

Pointing out the shovel would make sense perhaps if one knew BFT would ultimately be determined COD. [ The BFT is a reference to Mom's earlier relay from the kid (which was heresay of course too... but just sayin' ]

I'm just curious as to how something becomes a finding of fact. I know in the Rentz's statement, there's the statement "upon information and belief" and just what it takes for that to become a finding of fact.

Agree. I'd be somewhat disappointed in "the system" if relay of hearsay from the GP's became "finding of facts" without more evidence. OTOH, just how does the assertion that he attempted suicide become a "finding of fact" short of someone being an eyewitness to it I wonder.

BC flatly denies this one in his affidavit, so something's got to give. Either the court (in the ex-parte) made a mistake with it's "findings of facts"... or BC's affidavit isn't accurate w.r.t. to this line-item.

I really do wonder what was presented at that hearing. Of course, we know the plaintiffs and LE testified. The judge's findings of fact section is very interesting to me. Particularly interesting to me is Finding of Fact #8 (BC attempted suicide as a teenager & threat in winter 2008). Was it a finding of fact b/c the plaintiffs testified it was so or did they have some documentation presented?

With that goes Finding of Fact #15 that BC has a history of emotional instability.

CL....all I will and can say is when the LE left BC's home on the 12th they knew they had to find NC and it didn't look good how they would find her. They knew what they were dealing with. This is how the gp's moved in so quick while the SW was still under way.

No, I was referring to articles of clothing, not the shovel. I'll have to see if I can locate the article again.

MT3Ks, it was actually a post you brought from somewhere else:

Originally Posted by momto3kids
I found this posted on the City Data forum, Cary, NC. Page 41, post # 408

I have no idea who this is, but they were a member before the NC case so they didn't join just to state this. Is this why she was partially clothed?

07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
seajoy88

I agree that even though they say it was not a random killing, the fact that no one has been arrested is a little unnerving.

A friend of mine that lives in the Lochmere area reported information to a detective the day Nancy went missing. While my friend was on her jog that day, she saw a woman by Nancy's description around 8am. She described an item of clothing this woman was wearing that was of interest to the detective. Whether this is a coincidence or not, an item of clothing as my friend described was found in the woods. It was not an item of clothing that was known to the public. I have no idea why the police would not release that information, but maybe it was a false lead. Either way, it's just enough information to make my friend stop running alone even if the police say they don't believe the murder was random.

OH...that was on City-Data I believe. It was an item a jogger/walker had found and I think notified the LE about it.

I'm REALLY curious what they may have found inside the house. We saw pics of them examining the SUV. And of course they took stuff out in brown bags. I wanna know what they saw in the house itself!

CL....all I will and can say is when the LE left BC's home on the 12th they knew they had to find NC and it didn't look good how they would find her. They knew what they were dealing with. This is how the gp's moved in so quick while the SW was still under way.

Are you saying that they found something incriminating during their look around the house? B/C they wouldn't have to wait find NC's body to get a SW (ex. Laci Peterson case) if they saw something so apparently criminal on 7/12.

I'm REALLY curious what they may have found inside the house. We saw pics of them examining the SUV. And of course they took stuff out in brown bags. I wanna know what they saw in the house itself!

I'm curious, too. We don't know if there was 1 item per bag or were there multiple little bags in each bag.

I'll hand it to CPD, they have been so tight-lipped about this case it has left all of us guessing.

Are you saying that they found something incriminating during their look around the house? B/C they wouldn't have to wait find NC's body to get a SW (ex. Laci Peterson case) if they saw something so apparently criminal on 7/12.

Highly suspicious during the 12th...

No, I am saying once NC body was found and ID'd they could go for the Ex Parte immediately without waiting for the results of the search that was under way.

Lets remember BC had plenty of time to clean before they arrived.

I didn't know if I had or hadn't, but I knew if was from another website and someone else had posted it. Yes City-Data.
the chief mentioned on one of the pc's I re-watched today that a man's shoe was found that had been there a long time. (someone from the press specifically asked about the shoe that had been found and that was her answer).

the shovel creeps me out but more the vivid image of him coming out in the rain from the woods carrying it than him finding it :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74