Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the hair in the trunk and wheel well, we don't know who it belongs to or anything about them since all we've seen is the search warrant.

With regards to mom's witnesses, they've already proven to be wrong since I think we can pretty much rule out a 4:20 am trip to HT. BC said he went to LTF to see if she had been there. Maybe he asked if she had swiped her card and someone over heard it, or through discussion with others, it got changed to he asked for them to swipe it. Haven't you played the game where someone whispers something to someone, who then tells another, etc...and then see how much it got changed by the end of the chain? I don't hold any credibility to mt3ks witnesses.

Bolding is mine.

Sure, and I understand that could have happened.

I wouldn't state that you give no credibility to someone's witnesses that often comes to this board and tries to help, though. That's a direct attack and can be hurtful.

Maybe the police had enough information in their discussion with her to know that it was not Nancy that she had seen. And that this was why she was not interviewed further. There may be things about the description that enabled the police to discount this sighting early on. Pretty sure if they had this tip, they would have acted on it, unless they were able to discount it early on.

Or, maybe the police had enough information in the earliest stages of the investigation to know that Nancy never left the house to go running.

Right - I thought the fact that the keys and phone were left in the house proved that she didn't go running anyway. (As she reportedly was taught to always run with keys in hand...).

So, yeah, it probably didn't make sense for LE to waste too much time on this eyewitness report, since it was already established she couldn't have left home.

Maybe she wanted to stay out of the media. Why did JWB go to the Rentz family attorney instead of the media? I think going to K&B was appropriate since the CPD wasn't responding.

Why didn't she come to Websleuths? :waitasec:

Here we go. It's that kind of public opinion BS that keeps people from coming forward. You are so convinced that NC's friends are so above reproach that they could not possibly have exaggerated, but this woman, who lives in the neighborhood, will no doubt be made out to be a nut case. It's disgusting. Who in their right mind would go to the media? If she had gone to the media, everyone would start screaming that she was just trying to get face time on tv. You are just going to have to come to grips with the fact that HE MAY BE TELLING THE TRUTH!

Even if it happened the way she says it did, HE IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH.

What detail - other than what can be seen in the flyer ? What color shirt - just light ? You look someone in the eye but don't notice the color of the shirt but acknowledge it was "light" ?

There is no detail - it is a repitition of what she saw in a flyer - which she admits to looking at. Baloney

Good deail on hair color, facial description, color tone of clothing, all that is reasonable detail to me. Heck, for most folks who see a passerby on a walk, to even be able to check a flyer, and recall with certainty is tough.

You're probably right though, it's probably balony, and she just made the whole thing up... or maybe was paid to say it. Yeah, that's it...

Don't go "golo" on us RC... you gotta admit, this is an interesting twist. Surely you don't expect every potential eyewitness to recall shirt/short color, etc, that's beyond most folks average recollection abilities. One can easily recall "light", but not specific color. It was a brief encounter. What do you want next... brand names? :)

Or, maybe the police had enough information in the earliest stages of the investigation to know that Nancy never left the house to go running.

Now there's a thought...

Well I guess if this witness saw Nancy out running with a halter-type jog bra pulled up over her breasts and wearing nothing else including socks and shoes then we can only conclude she saw her for sure! :wink: j/k. Outside of that though, like all eyewitness sightings it might be the real deal or it might have been someone else. I remember the multiple sightings of Laci out walking the dog the morning she went missing (turns out someone else in the 'hood was also preggers and had a golden retriever).

What I would like to know is why there is, once again, no description of Nancy's clothes. This woman goes to great lengths to describe her eye sight, how close they were, how she said hello, that Nancy had a long face, but yet the only description of Nancy's clothes she can give is the same one Brad gave (which he later admitted he didn't see her leave and didn't know), except for the light blue tennis shoes.

Sorry but something is missing.

There was a description. Shorts and a light colored top. I think the affi was very thorough. It would make sense. She made eye contact and said hello to a person. She didn't know that person would soon be murdered. She remembered the face as soon as she saw a flier, but didn't remember exactly what she was wearing (at least details about the shorts and light colored top). That would make sense.

Good deail on hair color, facial description, color tone of clothing, all that is reasonable detail to me. Heck, for most folks who see a passerby on a walk, to even be able to check a flyer, and recall with certainty is tough.

You're probably right though, it's probably balony, and she just made the whole thing up... or maybe was paid to say it. Yeah, that's it...

Let's not let this start tearing apart posters who finally learned to agree to disagree and who have done a damn good job of being civil up until now. Let's just all discuss it rationally and without personal attacks or sarcasm... can we, please?

I believe that there is something that CPD knows that makes this witness either not credible or mistaken.

I have to believe that they followed up on any credible lead.

While she's adamant that she saw HER - she's vague on anything other than the long face. It's also possible that the CPD know who the jogger she saw really IS - and it's not NC. I would think that 7AM ish around Lochmere would be a busy jogging time and there is a strong possibilty that another jogger - who went to the CPD - said that she was jogging, saw the lady with the dogs - said hi to her and went along her route - wearing her light colored top......

Maybe the police had enough information in their discussion with her to know that it was not Nancy that she had seen. And that this was why she was not interviewed further. There may be things about the description that enabled the police to discount this sighting early on. Pretty sure if they had this tip, they would have acted on it, unless they were able to discount it early on.

They never interviewed her. Her saying to cops in the neighborhood that she reported seeing NC but hasn't received a response back is not an interview.

there was a description. Shorts and a light colored top. I think the affi was very thorough. It would make sense. She made eye contact and said hello to a person. She didn't know that person would soon be murdered. She remembered the face as soon as she saw a flier, but didn't remember exactly what she was wearing (at least details about the shorts and light colored top). That would make sense.

bingo!!!

Ok, so how in the world can you guys explain everything else?

Why would anyone remove her shoes and socks?

Don't go "golo" on us RC... you gotta admit, this is an interesting twist. Surely you don't expect every potential eyewitness to recall shirt/short color, etc, that's beyond most folks average recollection abilities. One can easily recall "light", but not specific color. It was a brief encounter. What do you want next... brand names? :)

I want the truth and it is my opinion, this is not it.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1256010.html

Cummings' motion listed numerous reasons why police should not be compelled to turn over their files. Among them: The case is still an ongoing homicide investigation; Bradley Cooper has refused to cooperate with the police investigation of his wife's death; and disclosure of the police files would jeopardize the prosecution as well as a defendant's right to a fair trial.

What detail - other than what can be seen in the flyer ? What color shirt - just light ? You look someone in the eye but don't notice the color of the shirt but acknowledge it was "light" ?

There is no detail - it is a repitition of what she saw in a flyer - which she admits to looking at. Baloney

Of course it is baloney, because it doesn't directly point to BC as the murderer. The problem with you saying baloney is that she reported this to police BEFORE NC was found. She called them on July 13th. I think that is very credible. If this was a witness that showed up months later saying, oh yeah, I saw her....that would be different. But she is 100% sure of who she saw and when she saw her, and reported it to police the next day. How is that baloney?

Now try to remember someone that you talked to yesterday. Can you remember exactly what they were wearing? I talked to several people yesterday and know I talked to them...but couldn't tell you exactly what they were wearing. There was no reason for her to remember this at the time. She remembers the face because she made eye contact and exchanged pleasantries with the jogger...and then recognized her from the flyer later that day. I find that credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz