Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the actress was handed a sentence of 14 days in prison by the judge in her college admissions scandal case, Huffman's legal team asked she be able to do her time at FCI Dublin because, "It's the closest to Ms. Huffman's residence.

So, we got a look at the facilities 'commissary list' and it actually includes items like french vanilla cappuccino and bottled water.

Felicity Huffman's Prison Offers French Vanilla Cappuccino And Bottled Water

9f926f56288146a060785a77999bcba8

I have seen some county jails' commissary lists and there is NO caffeine, no regular coffee, no pepsi, coke, mountain dew, no CHOCOLATE. If anyone thinks there is no difference in where people are sent, this should show it. So I see salmon on the list, are we to believe this is crappy canned salmon (and tuna) for the price or that the people are paying the difference for high quality food... In a prison that often has rich prisoners...

On the other hand, I don't see any oysters rockefeller, lobster thermadore or caviar so this list for some is probably quite a shock... No wine list...

Jmo. :)

Edited to fix typos.

Most people are somewhat forgiving if people face up to things and show they get it and take it seriously, FH (or more likely her PR team) has handled this so very well. The direct opposite of LL but then she may have ignored the very same advice--says a lot about her.
I agree that most people are forgiving however the few the aren't so forgiving can be very loud about it. I do agree that LL and her family and friends have completely handled this whole situation wrong.

Spain? Anyone know how that works? TIA
In the CNN article, it said, "Prosecutors said in a statement they are trying to extradite her from Spain to Boston to face charges."

One thing about this case is that it said that the kid got a 25% scholarship?? I wonder how that worked. In most cases, these were club sports - water polo, crew, etc., so the students getting in as fake athletes weren't being awarded any athletic scholarship money. But this case seems even worse if it was taking scholarship money away from a LEGITIMATE student athlete.

I bet Lori’s kids are getting tormented by peers.

I was surprised to read Princes Harry and William were teased in school.

So I bet anything that OJ is getting some really megatives thrown her way

I don't see prison as really being anything to "cheer" about for this crowd. It is too bad that huge fines cannot be placed, based on their personal wealth. Money means everything to these people.

The net worth of Felicity Huffman is over 20 million dollars, with her spouse, it is over 90 million dollars. Felicity should have had to pay a much larger fine, in relation to her net worth.

The Boston Globe

An open letter to Felicity Huffman | Opinion
By Samuel Acevedo, September 18, 2019

Dear Felicity,

Right about now, you are contemplating a new chapter of your life, one you likely never imagined when you launched your acting career: a stint in jail.

What matters now, really, is this: What do you do once out of prison? You have an opportunity. You could do something that would alter the lives of thousands of youths and their families. Something that would turn your “mess” — as they say in prison ministry circles — into a “message.”

Read the full column from Samuel Acevedo in Globe Opinion.

An open letter to Felicity Huffman - The Boston Globe

I don't see prison as really being anything to "cheer" about for this crowd. It is too bad that huge fines cannot be placed, based on their personal wealth. Money means everything to these people.

The net worth of Felicity Huffman is over 20 million dollars, with her spouse, it is over 90 million dollars. Felicity should have had to pay a much larger fine, in relation to her net worth.

They should all have to fork over substantial amounts that they can afford to a fund to help students in need then at least something positive could come out of this mess.

Felicity’s owns $20 million worth of real estate alone with her husband she is not going to notice $30,000 going from her account.

The Boston Globe

An open letter to Felicity Huffman | Opinion
By Samuel Acevedo, September 18, 2019

Dear Felicity,

Right about now, you are contemplating a new chapter of your life, one you likely never imagined when you launched your acting career: a stint in jail.

What matters now, really, is this: What do you do once out of prison? You have an opportunity. You could do something that would alter the lives of thousands of youths and their families. Something that would turn your “mess” — as they say in prison ministry circles — into a “message.”

Read the full column from Samuel Acevedo in Globe Opinion.

An open letter to Felicity Huffman - The Boston Globe
Oh for Pete’s sake! Restitution is not about race. This scam impacted admissions & scholarships for all students working their arses off in pursuit of admission/scholarship.

State legislatures use The College Board’s statistics each year to set threshold SAT/ACT scores needed for different levels of state funded scholarships. In FL, in 2017, there were 2 levels of funding, approx 3K or 10K- per year- depending on that score. For those kids a couple points away from the 10K biggie, the cheaters who skewed The College Board stats likely cost those families 28K towards a 4 year degree.

It goes beyond state scholarships. Most private scholarships are also awarded in whole, or in part, by that score. This cheating screwed everybody, regardless of race. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle