Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

ANSON COUNTY, N.C. — New police records obtained by Channel 9 on Monday say that the boyfriend of a missing woman from North Carolina was at one point considered a person of interest in the case.

<modsnip for copyright - more at link>

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is leading the investigation into Watts’ disappearance. The department hasn’t said whether her boyfriend is a person of interest, so we have not been naming him. It’s not clear if he’s currently a person of interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm worried that he is in some comatose state and cannot be discharged from the hospital or even interrogated. HIPAA would prevent disclosure of his medical conditions, and relatives may not be willing to get involved.

If he had died, I'd think his remains would have been remanded to relative and we would have been able to hear about it.

You'd think there was some relation or friend that could provide some off-record information about his current situation.

Investigators searched a home Wednesday night where a missing woman was last seen.

It has been 10 days since anyone has seen or heard from Allisha Watts.

Friends said they saw Watts leave her boyfriend’s home that day on Pamela Lorraine Drive in University City.

Officers were seen going in and out of that home Wednesday night.
Snipped for focus and bolding mine.
Hmm..

LE are interested in that house, or should I say in someone ?
Omo.

I'm worried that he is in some comatose state and cannot be discharged from the hospital or even interrogated. HIPAA would prevent disclosure of his medical conditions, and relatives may not be willing to get involved.

If he had died, I'd think his remains would have been remanded to relative and we would have been able to hear about it.

You'd think there was some relation or friend that could provide some off-record information about his current situation.
That’s what I’ve been thinking also - that either he’s unconscious or he’s refusing to say anything. IMO MOO

WRAL News learned that Dunmore has a violent criminal history in Virginia after speaking with a cousin of Watts on Monday.

Court records obtained by WRAL showed Dunmore has convictions for abduction, stalking and assault and battery. The abduction charge from 2003 carried a maximum prison sentence of five years.

The report also stated that a woman came into the Anson County Sheriff’s Office trying to get things out of the Mercedes.

That report was filed before any public reporting of her disappearance.

Officers also say they received an anonymous tip from a psychic on Tuesday that Watts’ body was behind Airport Road in Wadesboro.

Detectives have not found anything at that location.

The report was filed on July 20, and it says troopers found Watts’ boyfriend passed out inside. The report does identify her boyfriend by name, and it says he has a history of domestic violence. It also says he is considered a person of interest.

The report also stated that a woman came into the Anson County Sheriff’s Office trying to get things out of the Mercedes.
Allisha Watts case: Missing woman’s boyfriend was noted as person of interest

first sentence BBM - wonder if that was the verbage used in the report or a reporter's extrapolation. If the report reads "passed out" I think we have our answer about whether unresponsive means uncooperative or unconscious.

Second sentence BBM - I don't know what to think about this. Assuming sheriff's office has cameras they know if that woman was Watts or not and since that is not being reported as the last seen instance I must assume the unknown female was NOT Watts. So who was it and what did she want from Allisha's vehicle?

I’m in the central part of NC and not much being mentioned here, other than what y’all have posted from WRAL.

Interesting that a woman was trying to get into the car, but these reports seem to be giving out different information. Hopefully they have CCTV that shows the woman, but it could have been someone just trying to break in.

He has a record of running, so I’m thinking he may have done a runner and that’s why LE is so quiet, but who knows? I feel for her family and hope they get some kind of resolution soon.

Watts' disappearance has spawned much interest around and outside North Carolina. Defense attorney Lee Turner said the circumstances surrounding this case aren't like most searches for missing people.

"The fact that he is in her car at a weird location, with her purse still there, there are a lot of things don’t seem right," Turner said. "The most unusual thing is the boyfriend in the car, with the purse. That stands out in my opinion."

They've updated the title of this article to say that docs show that police are looking for "evidence of murder".

I'm glad that a local news outlook seems to be on top of the story now.

Documents obtained by WRAL News on Tuesday identify James Dunmore as a person of interest in the disappearance of his girlfriend, Allisha Watts, and confirm he tried to commit suicide. With Watts having not been seen since July 16, investigators are searching for evidence of murder, according to a search warrant.
[snip]
An incident report from the Anson County Sheriff's Office dated July 20 states Dunmore "does have a history of domestic violence and is considered a person of interest at this time."
[snip]
A search warrant from Mecklenburg County confirms Dunmore had tried to commit suicide before he was found.
Docs: Investigators looking for evidence of murder in case of missing Moore County woman

So, with the new info released we know that Dunmore was indeed unresponsive as in having a medical issue (attempted suicide), that LE based on his previous criminal history and the facts of this case feel Allisha may have been murdered, and he is their #1 person of interest. I wonder if he left a suicide note? Otherwise couldn't he just have ODd? They seem pretty confident he tried to kill himself so maybe a note or written confession of some sort? Also explains why they have been so interested in his residence.

The search warrants, first obtained by ABC affiliate WSOC, show that Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department have been searching for "any evidence of the crime of murder" as well as "materials that may be used to clean or cover up evidence of a homicide or assaults."
[snip]
The search warrant shows that detectives seized clothing, cellphones, camera, tablet, laptop, memory card, swabs and photos during their search.
Police investigate 'crime of murder' in case of missing Moore Co. woman Allisha Watts: Warrants

Warrants shed new light on investigation into Allisha Watts’ disappearance

Her cousin said she saw Watts getting into the passenger side of her vehicle, while her boyfriend got into the driver’s seat, the warrant states.

Cellular data records show that Watts’ phone, her boyfriend’s phone, and the vehicle all returned to the Pamela Lorraine Drive home around 3 p.m. July 16 and all three remained at the home until around 6 a.m. on July 18, according to the search warrant.

Watts’ vehicle was found on July 18 at an Anson County DMV. Her boyfriend, who police list as the sole resident of the Pamela Lorraine Drive home, was inside the vehicle and was the victim of an apparent suicide attempt, the warrant states.
Warrant: Investigators sought evidence of murder in search tied to missing Allisha Watts

July 16, cousin watches AW and JD get into AW's car. The car and the phones of both people all returned to JD residence at 3pm same day. The car doesn't move until 6am on July 18. Sometime on the 18th officers locate JD in AW's vehicle in the parking lot at the DMV. He tells them he is napping. Later officers find him still at that location but unresponsive after an apparent suicide attempt.

Sounds as if whatever was done to Watts was done on the 16th and may not have occurred at the house. Just because her phone travelled back to the house and her car doesn't mean she made it back that afternoon. MOO

Where was the couple between whatever time they left on the 16th and 3pm when the car returned? Where did JD go in the car on the 18th prior to going to the DMV parking lot? THAT is what is needed. If cellular data told them all that about the comings and goings you would think it also provided key info about whereabouts between the noted times.

Last edited:
Interesting new information!

If I have this straight…….

LE officially reported her missing AFTER they found her car with boyfriend inside?

At some point, a woman went to the station to try to get inside the car ( no name and it seems like no CCTV). Maybe this was family, but I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Who is this woman and how did she know about the car and what did she want from the car?

Of course, it’s totally understandable if it was family trying to get inside her car.

MOO

AUG 1, 2023
[...]

Covington has lived in this section of Southern Pines for most of his life.

The 58-year-old said he had light-hearted, friendly conversations with Watts often at the neighborhood restaurant. Covington said the two would sit and talk on the front porch of the Westside Cafe any time they ran into one another.

“She’s a great-hearted person. If she could do something for you, she would do something for you,” Covington said.

[...]

“It’s destroying a lot of people that know her,” Covington said.

The uneasiness isn’t sitting well with others who described Watts as a kind soul.

Cafe owner John Ingram called her a breath of fresh air.

“She was good to everybody. She didn’t ever meet a stranger. I have known her since she was 13-14 years old,” Ingram said.

[...]

Interesting new information!

If I have this straight…….

LE officially reported her missing AFTER they found her car with boyfriend inside?

At some point, a woman went to the station to try to get inside the car ( no name and it seems like no CCTV). Maybe this was family, but I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Who is this woman and how did she know about the car and what did she want from the car?

Of course, it’s totally understandable if it was family trying to get inside her car.

MOO
Could the woman have been someone in HIS family?

Could the woman have been someone in HIS family?

That’s what I’m wondering.
I see no valid reason why his family or friends would need to get into Alisha’s car. I could understand if her family wanted to take a look inside for clues, etc as to where she could be, but not anyone from his side.

It’s crazy that LE seems to have no info on the woman and no word on the boyfriend. I’m still wondering if he’s done a runner and they’re looking for him.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back