Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

Yes, I’m in NC also and was very curious about how 3 people could die from CO poisoning. Not sure about the connection with this case except maybe he (Dunnmore) was trying to do something similar. IMO MOO

Day 16

At least LE has released some information that confirms the obvious. Still no update on JD condition or location.

So he has previous practice in whatever he has done to her. I wonder what condition he is in? Coma, mental hospital, what?
I'm thinking that since he tried to commit suicide, as soon as he was stable maybe he was moved into the mental ward.

In the report, the victim wrote, "There have been multiple incidents where police were called to the home so that I was able to remove myself out of fear." The document goes on to say Dunmore showed the woman photographs to indicate he knew where she was and inferred he had someone following her. The victim described instances of "punching, kicking, and choking." She added that Dunmore stated multiple times that he was going to murder her. 

AUG 2, 2023
The sister of missing Moore County woman Allisha Watts issued a letter to Watts' boyfriend, James Dunmore, saying her family is hurt from not knowing what happened to their loved one.

[...]

Utley shared a copy of her letter with WCNC Charlotte Wednesday. In the first part, she shared she's thankful for everyone's prayers and support during this difficult time. The rest of her letter is directed toward Dunmore.

"My sister loved you unconditionally," the letter reads. "Your lies and the deceit have a funny way of catching up with you, and just when the veil had been removed from my sister's eyes ... she started to see the real you! Is that what made you snap?"

[...]

"You could've just simply walked away and we would still have our beloved sister, daughter, friend, and devoted activist for our community! You reap what you sow and so shall you reap!"
She signed the letter as her sister's keeper. Utley also wanted to point out that the family doesn't have a [FUNDRAISER] set up for Watts, nor do they plan to start one. She says while other organizations have solicited donations, Utley warned none of those have been organized by the family of Allisha Watts.

[...]

AUG 2, 2023
[...]

Channel 9 reported that police are searching for evidence of a murder in Watts’ disappearance, but investigators are looking into multiple possibilities. Search warrants showed detectives were looking through Dunmore’s home and a grey Audi.

[...]

Curtis spoke with the North Carolina Center for Missing Persons, which provides resources to law enforcement agencies in the search for missing people. A spokesperson said they “stand ready to assist in any way,” but to date, they “have not received a request to assist in the Watts case.”

We checked the NamUs database, which connects law enforcement agencies across jurisdictions with resources. While there are missing persons cases added daily, including some from Charlotte, Watts isn’t in the database.

Law enforcement isn’t required to enter missing adults into NamUs, but it’s a tool for these kinds of cases. Curtis asked CMPD why Watts wasn’t in the database, but we haven’t received a response.

... CMPD will not say whether he is currently a suspect or person of interest.

[...]

A woman who was in a relationship with Dunmore filed a domestic violence order of protection in Durham County in May, alleging abuses that happened in March 2023 and before.

In the report, the victim wrote, "There have been multiple incidents where police were called to the home so that I was able to remove myself out of fear." The document goes on to say Dunmore showed the woman photographs to indicate he knew where she was and inferred he had someone following her. The victim described instances of "punching, kicking, and choking." She added that Dunmore stated multiple times that he was going to murder her.
Allisha Watts' boyfriend had domestic violence order filed against him in Durham County in May

So Dunmore and Watts have been dating approximately a year and yet Mr. Dunmore still found the time and motivation to continue to harass, stalk and threaten his ex girlfriend as recently as March of this year.

Where is Allisha, Mr. Dunmore?

A woman who was in a relationship with Dunmore filed a domestic violence order of protection in Durham County in May, alleging abuses that happened in March 2023 and before.

Allisha Watts' boyfriend had domestic violence order filed against him in Durham County in May

So Dunmore and Watts have been dating approximately a year and yet Mr. Dunmore still found the time and motivation to continue to harass, stalk and threaten his ex girlfriend as recently as March of this year.

Where is Allisha, Mr. Dunmore?

Durham? Ok.

I’m in Durham every day and thought he looked familiar. I can’t place when or where I’ve seen him, but maybe it will come to me.

IMO

Foxfire Village Police said they initially got a request to check on Watts’ dog because of the father’s fear the animal had been left in her home alone for several days.

Officers forcibly entered the Foxtail Lane home July 19, according to a report from the Foxfire Village Police Department. Once inside, police secured the dog, the chief said.

AUG 3, 2023
[...]

That complaint, filed by a woman who is listed as Dunmore's spouse, describes a physical assault and abduction allegedly committed by Dunmore in May, and lists "prior acts of violence including choking, punching, and verbal attacks".

[...]

She said she saw Dunmore with another woman previously but had no idea that he was married.

"When I met him, he told me that he was not married. He told me- the lady that he was with when I moved here. And he told me that, that was his girlfriend," she said.

[...]

I am saddened that Allicia crossed paths with him.
Sounds like JD left a trail of hurting people !
Going to guess here that he may be able to come off to people initially as harmless ?
I'd wager even 'charming', but that's a stretch.
Omo.

AUG 3, 2023
[...]

That complaint, filed by a woman who is listed as Dunmore's spouse, describes a physical assault and abduction allegedly committed by Dunmore in May, and lists "prior acts of violence including choking, punching, and verbal attacks".

[...]

She said she saw Dunmore with another woman previously but had no idea that he was married.

"When I met him, he told me that he was not married. He told me- the lady that he was with when I moved here. And he told me that, that was his girlfriend," she said.

[...]
Too late to edit, but I want to clarify that "she" is GU, Watts' cousin, for anyone who can't access the article. MOO

A police report from July 20th, only one day after Allisha Watt’s was reported missing indicated that bullet shell casings were found in front of the home of James Dunmore, the currently hospitalized boyfriend of Allisha Watts
Is this the first time it's been reported that Dunmore is currently hospitalized?

AUG 4, 2023
A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department incident report recently acquired by WCNC Charlotte reveals a shell casing was found in the street near the northeast Charlotte home of Allisha Watts' boyfriend James Dunmore on July 20, just one day after she was reported missing.

According to CMPD, the shell casing is for a 9mm handgun.

[...]

CMPD said Wednesday that there is an "active and ongoing" missing persons case related to Watts but there are no new developments at this time regarding her whereabouts. Multiple agencies are working alongside CMPD, the department said, urging anyone with information to call 911 immediately.

As of Friday, Dunmore has not been named a person of interest in Watts' disappearance by CMPD.

Tammy Utley, Watts' younger sister, wrote the time has come for Dunmore to tell them what happened to the 39-year-old woman.

"Now enough is enough James Dunmore (Jay) it's time for you to give her back to us!" the letter reads. "Give her back to our family, friends and devoted community because the truth of the matter is we will not stop saying her name and asking the necessary questions that need to be asked! We will never stop searching up and down the highways and byways for her! What you have done your soul ain't even enough to cover the expense!"

Utley also criticized how the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department has handled its investigation and alleged Dunmore's vehicle was removed from his house Monday afternoon. She asked why the vehicle was allowed to be removed from a potential crime scene and if Dunmore himself removed the vehicle. Neighbors told WCNC Charlotte the vehicle disappeared sometime late Monday afternoon. Another person also said a package that was on the home's front porch was now absent.

"CMPD I am baffled by the way things are being handled at this point! Detective Childress I have personally reached out to you on numerous occasions," Utley wrote. "Leaving messages on both your mobile and desk phone! Where is my call back sir? Even if the update is minimum I deserve a call back

Derrica Wilson, a former police officer, founded the organization Black and Missing to bring attention and resources to cases just like Allisha Watts.

“This is such a heartbreaking case, the fact that the family felt initially that law enforcement wasn’t taking the case seriously,” Wilson said.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back