Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might lean away from the criminality aspect of it if it were not for the fact that the roommate sent her that text asking her to check her car. It would make sense she would do that on her break. The text would be easy enough to verify.

But perhaps that was just a trigger for her to leave, it is hard to always understand what little thing could be a stress point for someone. I too think what she purchased at the shell station would be important. I recall a case where a young woman left on an errand and went to the drug store and bought a bottle of sleep aid. She was found later deceased near her car off a rural road. I believe it was the store receipt that helped the direction of the case, if I am not mistaken.

Could she have money problems? As has been pointed out, she liked to travel and seemed to take a lot of trips, one was to Paris. Did she put a lot of debt on credit cards? She obviously didn't have a lot left in her debit account, but on its own I don't find that so unusual for the age group. I have a son whose account gets low before each pay period.

But I am guessing she had car payments, insurance, etc . I am wondering if she had any reason to think her living arrangement was about to change, roommates getting married or moving on or whatever.

She seems like such a vivacious young woman, full of hope and promise with a good network of loyal friends. She loved animals, nature and apparently her job. Allison, where are you????

ETA: I hope they are searching by air the areas she liked to hike, kayak, explore for clues for her car being off the road. Sometimes people do choose to go somewhere they have been before that brings them a sense of solitude and peace.

http://abc11.com/news/rdu-releases-surveillance-photos-of-missing-woman/2164189/
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing!

Hopefully it's just a case where she left because she needed to for whatever reason and will show back up. Although it's still possible that she went to that station for whatever reason, which if she was planning on returning to work would be way out of the way, and something happened to her from there.

I have considered this, but have since ranked this theory as less likely for the following reasons:

1. Ms. Cope would have reached Falls Lake, which is where the people proffering the theory of her running away to commit suicide suggest she went, before she would have reached the WF Shell Station.

2. If she was going to drown herself, why fill her car up with gas beforehand? $23.52 is more than enough to fill up a Ford Fusion with around a 1/3 of a tank, so why fill her car up all of the way when (1) she would have reached her most likely destination already without needing the gas; (2) why would she need that much gas.

3. Like I said, $23.52 is more than enough to fill up a Fusion near empty. Moreover, she made the trip all the way out to WF on the gas she already had. Why go to the gas station, and then backtrack to the theorized suicide point? We know via her Instagram that she was already familiar with Falls Lake, so why choose a different location?

Searching the nearest body of water is logical for the police to do but you make a good point about her filling up on gas past the lake. She may not be in the lake and may have just crashed her car on purpose or drove to a body of water further away.

Wow, so she's probably fine? She just walked away? I'd be freaking LIVID if I were her parents or friends or boss.

Then again, somebody may have been in the car with her. And that same person may have wanted her to go in to make it seem like she was OK because then she would be caught on surveillance and it would look like she was there on her own accord.

I hope she's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, so she's probably fine? I'd be freaking LIVID if I were her parents or friends

This reminds me of quite a few cases of suicide I've read about here on WS.... it makes me nervous.

I work with Allison. She is not a smoker. She parks in the supervisor lot, which is a five minute walk from T2. She would never up and leave, this can not be voluntary. I'm thinking random person, wrong place, wrong time.
She does not have a secret lover, we all talk about our love lives and there were no secrets.
Also, no reason for her to have her debit card. HMS provides a meal for every shift, can eat anything at starbucks. We are not allowed to leave the premise on a break, so that was not her intentions. I'm guessing she was going to grab the car registration for her roommate (who I think is actually her sister in law, not sure why they call her her roommate?) or maybe it's that she isn't actually married to Allisons brother, but Allison always called her her sister in law.

Missing Allison so much and so confused about why and how this could have happened.

Welcome! I'm so sorry your coworker being missing brought you here, but glad you joined us. Were you working the day she left on break? Had she seemed stressed lately?

Hope Allison is found soon!

This is HUGE news! Than you for sharing. I did not expect this, but it seems like great news!

Can anyone tell what she's holding in her hand?

I was just wondering the same. Looks like a bottle held upside down?

I agree HUGE news! No evidence of a crime.

So was she on the way to meet someone? Just needed a break from everything?

Hopefully not suicide! Allison call home!

I'm not sure leaving suddenly with no notice to coworkers, family, or friends without being under duress indicates she is fine. Sometimes a breakdown or other issue is just as dangerous to the person as being kidnapped.

Wow, so she's probably fine? She just walked away? I'd be freaking LIVID if I were her parents or friends or boss.

Then again, somebody may have been in the car with her. And that same person may have wanted her to go in to make it seem like she was OK because then she would be caught on surveillance and it would look like she was there on her own accord.

I hope she's ok.

This is a possibility.

It's interesting to me that this gas station is only 6.4 miles from her residence if she lives where I believe she lives, in north Raleigh very close to Falls Lake.

Again, forgive if already posted.
This article says Allison was seen at the gas station (pic) and did not appear to be under stress. Who knoze?

Maybe she got a call about a dog in distress and left to pick him/her up.
291671-Cope-DMID1-5b97t8btv-640x480.jpg

Police: Missing woman seen at gas station after leaving RDU; no evidence she is under 'distress' Posted 1:05 p.m. today
Updated 8 minutes ago

Morrisville, N.C. — After reviewing video footage from a Shell gas station in Wake Forest, RDU police said Thursday there is no evidence that a missing 24-year-old woman is under any distress....
Cope was seen on video at a Shell gas station at 942 Durham Rd. at about 4:15 p.m. on Monday. Airport police have thoroughly reviewed the video and there is no evidence that she is under any distress, or that any crime was committed at the airport or anywhere else on the airport campus.
http://www.wral.com/police-missing-...-no-evidence-she-is-under-distress-/16793039/

wow, those photos are big news.
I wonder if they can see into the car, if someone else was in there they could be lying down or hiding but also couldnt she just notify the gas station employee she was being kidnapped or something. I feel like she left on her own 100%
So random she did it mid shift though, maybe she had a bad customer or some sort of news and just snapped. Theres heaps of days in retail where I work if i get a bad customer I literally consider quitting or crying and just walking out.
I also had the thought of getting a call about a dog she needed to rescue like a post a couple up, but i feel like she would have taken her phone and also probably would have told someone.
If it was a lunch break she could have tried running a errand in time but again she would have taken her phone especially to call back if she was running late
I feel like maybe she has just had a mental break and walked out. Suicide could be a option. but why leave mid shift. just don't go to work at all or wait til after so you dont have people searching for you , unless she purposely did it so people WOULD go looking for her.
How odd. Also travel isnt too expensive in a way, I travelled every year from Australia for about 4 years in a row on part time wages in retail.
I also never got debt from it. I have debt from a car loan though, not enough to make me stress about money though, although maybe she is stressed about money if she bought a new car and now struggling to save money for anything. Definitely not something to kill yourself over on its own though, she must have some other stuff going on if this is what has happened. Hope they can follow some traffic cams to see which way her car went.

That's HUGE that they have surveillance of her at the gas station. I'd love to know what she bought. I think that is her car parked at the pump in the pic? That implies she was getting gas, but probably purchased something else or she could've just paid at the pump. What she bought might help give a better idea of what she was doing.

This is HUGE news! Than you for sharing. I did not expect this, but it seems like great news!

Can anyone tell what she's holding in her hand?

Looks like a key ring of some kind dangling from her fingers and a small wallet type purse in her hand.

Hmmm. RDU airport is about 30 minutes away from that Shell station. Looks like it took her an hour to get there? Could she have stopped somewhere else along the way?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh wow. Well I hope she is ok, but now I'm leaning toward possible suicide. Hope I'm wrong and she just got stressed and needed a break form life. But this is day 4. $23 would not get her very far. She should have contacted her family by now. JMO.

You make an excellent point. Where has she been staying? What's she been doing for food if her debit card has been exhausted and she didn't bring her purse or phone with her?

In fact, why has she left without bringing her purse or phone?

It's entirely possible that someone made contact with her in the parking lot of the airport under false pretenses, claiming to be someone in need of immediate help, and eventually getting a ride with her. The encounter could have turned dangerous, if at all, after the trip to the gas station.

Maybe someone made contact with her after the trip to the gas station entirely?

For some reason, I have this feeling that some major fact concerning Ms. Cole's life has not yet been revealed. Have her friends/family painted her to be more happy and stable than she really is?

Sounds like a mental breakdown. Maybe she just needed to get away. Praying she's not suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname