Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow just saw the pictures of her at the gas station and I am in disbelief. I can't imagine she would hurt herself and I am praying for her. Please be ok Allison.

I think she for sure left the airport on her own but if she left on her own, why is the FBI involved? Would they get involved in a voluntary missing or possible suicide case? Maybe she did leave work voluntarily and go to the gas station in Wake Forest but something happened to her after that?

Another thought about the debit card. She went inside the store, so she may not have gotten JUST gas. She could have gotten basically anything. also, some banks will cover your debit purchases even if you overdraw. Transfers from other accounts or fees would show up a day or so later.

Well the gas station images have changed my mind and I guess this is most likely voluntary.I hope she is just taking time away and hasn't harmed herself.

Hmmm. RDU airport is about 30 minutes away from that Shell station. Looks like it took her an hour to get there? Could she have stopped somewhere else along the way?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I thought that as well. Traffic can be heavy in that area but at that time of day I wouldn't think it would take her an hour to get from RDU Airport to Wake Forest.

I wonder if the roommate is involved? It seems to be a strange coincidence that she had Allison go down to find the insurance and that's when she went missing. Maybe it was all part of the plan? Maybe it sounds crazy, but I've heard crazier.

Perhaps she knew Allison wanted to get away, and this is her way of helping possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that as well. Traffic can be heavy in that area but at that time of day I wouldn't think it would take her an hour to get from RDU Airport to Wake Forest.
Maybe stopped by her house first before gassing up and then skipping town?

I dunno about a bottle, it kind of looks like her keys hanging off a finger and a wallet. but if she left her wallet it must be something else.

I have considered this, but have since ranked this theory as less likely for the following reasons:

1. Ms. Cope would have reached Falls Lake, which is where the people proffering the theory of her running away to commit suicide suggest she went, before she would have reached the WF Shell Station.

2. If she was going to drown herself, why fill her car up with gas beforehand? $23.52 is more than enough to fill up a Ford Fusion with around a 1/3 of a tank, so why fill her car up all of the way when (1) she would have reached her most likely destination already without needing the gas; (2) why would she need that much gas.

3. Like I said, $23.52 is more than enough to fill up a Fusion near empty. Moreover, she made the trip all the way out to WF on the gas she already had. Why go to the gas station, and then backtrack to the theorized suicide point? We know via her Instagram that she was already familiar with Falls Lake, so why choose a different location?

#2. Jennifer Huston

It never, never, never makes sense to those left behind to sort out the puzzle pieces.

I don't think there is any criminality whatsoever involved in this case. It reminds me of a sad case I followed where a young female doctor walked out of working in a hospital mid shift and drowned herself.

She was found in the bay in Queens New York right? I remember that story. So sad. I cannot remember her name.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's 18 miles (26 minutes via I540) from RDU airport to her home, then 6 miles (12 minutes) further to the gas station. Her house, if I'm right about its location, is directly on the way to the gas station. Did she stop at her home? Pick something or someone up? If she went from the airport to her home, she'd arrive ~3:34. That leaves a little more than 30 minutes until the time stamp at the gas station. I'm not saying she stopped at her house, just laying out the timing in case she did...

The gas station would be on the way to US1/I85 which is how many of us locals access I95 north. Just some speculative thoughts...

Maybe stopped by her house first before gassing up and then skipping town?

That's a possibility depending on where she lives. If so she may have had cash at home and could be using it if she did indeed leave town.

I really hope she turns up. I can't imagine how hard this must be on her friends and family!

Receipts and possibly surveillance at checkout would show exactly what was purchased, they are not releasing that information. I feel another Jennifer Huston case. Leaving the purse and phone under these circumstances tells me that she wasn't going to be needing them anymore and isn't afraid of them being stolen. :( MOO

Are there any cameras at the her home? Could it be determined that she showed up there?

Again, forgive if already posted.
This article says Allison was seen at the gas station (pic) and did not appear to be under stress. Who knoze?

Maybe she got a call about a dog in distress and left to pick him/her up.
291671-Cope-DMID1-5b97t8btv-640x480.jpg

http://www.wral.com/police-missing-...-no-evidence-she-is-under-distress-/16793039/

What do you all think of her facial expression? Does she look distressed or normal, fine? At first I thought she was smiling but at closer inspection I'm not sure anymore.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CassandraLeigh

Missing Allison so much and so confused about why and how this could have happened.

Thinking & praying for you and your friend Allison. I know the days are dragging by for you. Maybe we will all be happily surprised at her return -- soon.

And Welcome to Websleuths, CassandraLeigh. We're glad you're here.

Thinking & praying for you and your friend Allison. I know the days are dragging by for you. Maybe we will all be happily surprised at her return -- soon.

And Welcome to Websleuths, CassandraLeigh. We're glad you're here.

Spotted at gas station. No signs she was in distress: http://www.wcnc.com/mb/news/crime/r...ported-missing-after-going-on-break/452685107

WAKE FOREST, N.C. -- After reviewing video footage from a Shell gas station in Wake Forest, RDU police said Thursday there is no evidence that a missing 24-year-old woman is under any distress.
Officials are still searching Thursday for a 24-year-old Raleigh-Durham International Airport employee who went missing after taking a break at work on Monday.

When I went through my ordeal no one would have said I was in distress until I spoke with a crisis nurse. I woke up same as usual, showered, put makeup on. Got dressed nice for my office admin job. I caught my bus. No distress. As I sat on the bus I just decided I was done. I really didn't want to live. I wanted to take the bus as far as I could then take from there. I think it was divine intervention that the bus went by the hospital right during that moment. I simply got off the bus and walked into the hospital.
I was admitted for almost 2.5 months. It's crazy in hindsight now but I was just overcome with an abundance of sadness.
I hope she is just chilling by a lake or hiding out in a cabin. I really hope she is safe. Xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member