Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
She left with just her keys and debit card.
She knew she didn't have time to go anywhere.
Her debit card was used for gas.

She didn't need her debit card if she was simply going to check her car for something.

Two scenarios I'm thinking of:

If someone asked to borrow her car they would need the keys and money for gas. That conversation should be on her phone, unless it was an actual call vs text. Phone records would tell who she talked to. Does she have a boyfriend?

The other scenario I'm keeping to myself for now.

If she had intentions of leaving the parking lot in her car I think she would bring her purse in order to have her driver's license and phone on her.

This is so sad and scary. I hope she is found safe and well, please. I worked at a Starbucks in the Little Rock Airport when I was younger, employee parking there was pretty far from the terminal and I remember my father giving me mace and my parents being very worried about me. I never would believed anything would happen to me, but now I see I could have been in that exact situation... it's so sad. Please keep her safe, help her come home :(

Maybe she planned on going to her car for something (Like the previously mentioned insurance card) and then planned to return to buy food or something in the airport before her break was up? She wouldn't need her whole purse, so she could have just grabbed her keys and debit card to run out quickly. I'm guessing someone interrupted her plans to return and took her or her car or both. I hope they search the employee lot with dogs to see if they can pick up her scent and figure out where she was parked.

When I worked at HMS Host, you were given a clear bag to bring essentials through the gate with you (phone, wallet, whatever) and if you brought an actual purse, you had to leave it outside the gates in an assigned locker. I know every workplace is different and managers make exceptions, but that's possibly something to think about. I remember they were very strict on phone usage, and perhaps since Allison was a supervisor she was making an example for her workers and left her phone in her locker, or perhaps didn't keep it on her while she was on the clock.

Same here, kbpirate (does your name have anything to do with ECU?). I live about 25 min. from the airport.
This doesn't sound good, but let's hope this one will turn out okay.

That's exactly what my name is based on indeed!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kamille
http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/starbuc...oing-on-break/

So it's possible she unlocked her doors and was digging around in the glove box of the car on the passenger side of the car with that door open?

This. This gave me chills. Her back turned, looking down, vulnerable position already low to the ground perhaps. I always assumed the only place I wasn't being recorded at an airport was in the restroom. I hope I wake up to good news in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

My hesitation here is that if someone simply wanted to steal a car, why not just (please excuse) konk her in the head, or shoot her, leave her there, and go?

Of course, the attacker/car thief could force her into the trunk and get rid of her elsewhere. But a body is a very sticky commodity...

Let's hope she's okay and was just put out on a road somewhere.

This one is just plain odd.

I don't know if the known facts line up with this scenario, but my reaction was maybe she was to meet someone to do an exchange of something quickly during her break. Something like "meet me at the *advertiser censored* at 3:05" ("*advertiser censored*" being the passenger drop off or pick up curb maybe?). Because I can't imagine being able to get to your car and back from inside the terminal within a reasonable employee break period. Maybe she was going to lend her car and debit card to someone so was meeting them with keys/debit card at the curb. If so, my bet would be a close person, such as a roommate.

Young people take their phone everywhere, don't they, like even to the bathroom? It's odd that she left her phone behind if she was actually going to her car to retrieve something.

I'm sure investigators know much more than they're sharing and I bet they have an idea of what transpired based on texts, phone records, video, etc.

Sure hope she's ok!

Now this may not be anything if the transaction just did not show until the day she went missing, but I find it a little odd that the amount of money in gas that was bought was for what money she had left in the account.
So unless I'm misreading, it seems someone would have had to know exactly how much was left in the account to get that amount of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Already answered. Sorry

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Is there a Find Allision Facebook page yet? TIA

I'm sure we'd already know if this were the case but was she a smoker? Small airports usually don't have designated smoking areas like the bigger ones.

Ran out for a smoke -- there's a thought -- maybe her cigs were in her car. But why the bankcard? Maybe to buy more if she was out of them.

Do we know for sure she took the bank card out to the car, or is it possible the bank card was already in the car and she only took her keys?

Ran out for a smoke -- there's a thought -- maybe her cigs were in her car. But why the bankcard? Maybe to buy more if she was out of them.

Right, or perhaps maybe she was planning on taking a quick smoke, and then coming back inside and getting something to eat? If it were a lunch break id assume it would be at least 30/45 minutes. If she really needed a smoke (stressful day?) she'd probably do that first before sitting down and eating something.

RDU isn't really a small airport per se. I guess it depends on perspective. It is an international airport.

Do we know for sure she took the bank card out to the car, or is it possible the bank card was already in the car and she only took her keys?

We don't know. I'm guessing it was in her back pocket like someone said or already in the car. Maybe she was going to get the debit card out.

RDU isn't really a small airport per se. I guess it depends on perspective. It is an international airport.
Sorry, I guess I just took someone calling it "small" and figured it was like airports I'm used to. I'm not a big traveler, and I've only been to a few large airports, so I'm used to the tiny Arkansas ones.. lol

Long-time lurker, sometime poster - I live about 10 minutes from RDU and have been following the story closely.

Is it possible she wanted to take a break, & left her phone so she couldn't get tracked? Perhaps she brought her debit card and keys because that's all she needed to bolt. Praying she returns safe & sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown