Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she didn't leave on her own, how would a perp have gotten to the airport...and why would he take a car with such a noticeable sticker on the window. Was she specially targeted. It seems as if she was purposely lured to her car by someone she knew...or she left on her own.

I'm thinking she left the airport of her own accord, perhaps to go grab something or to meet someone. If it was a break she could have easily asked her manager if she could get some extra time to run an important errand. So she leaves, drives to a destination, and from there things go bad? Maybe she left something important at home... needed to go get it, who knows.

I'm thinking she left the airport of her own accord, perhaps to go grab something or to meet someone. If it was a break she could have easily asked her manager if she could get some extra time to run an important errand. So she leaves, drives to a destination, and from there things go bad? Maybe she left something important at home... needed to go get it, who knows.

Based previous posts above, she was the manager. Usually employees aren't in a rush for supervision to return so probably didn't report quickly (I think I read in an article it was several hours later.)

If she didn't leave on her own, how would a perp have gotten to the airport...and why would he take a car with such a noticeable sticker on the window. Was she specially targeted. It seems as if she was purposely lured to her car by someone she knew...or she left on her own.

I feel there are multiple ways for the perp to get to the airport without having left their own vehicle there.
1.) Lyft/Uber/taxi service to the airport is very common. If you have a bag with you it just looks like you are taking a flight. You don't have to go in the terminal. (That might be a interesting thing to look at. If there are cameras where the drop off lanes are, you could see if someone gets dropped off in the departures area but then heads in the opposite direction towards the parking lot/deck.)
2.) Incoming flights. Although personally this doesn't seem to be very likely IMO.
3.) Employees of the airport carpooling with one another to work.
I still think if it wasn't her leaving the parking deck, then someone must have known to get out of that lot by using her parking pass, i.e. employee, past employee, (ex-)coworker. Especially with the timeline. Does anyone know if you needed a pass to exit her parking area, or is it one of those things where you can take a ticket and pay with cash?

My thoughts so far without much information to go on:

A. Her friend stated that she had texted Allison to ask if she had left "an item" in Allison's car. Later on she adds that the "item" was a registration form. She doesn't clarify if it was for her own vehicle or for Allison's vehicle. I simply can't come up with a logical reason for her to leave "Allison's registration in Allison's vehicle so I'm going to assume that she had ridden in Allison's vehicle and had accidentally either left her purse or the registration for whatever reason. She may have realized she did not have it and was trying to locate where she may have lost it. NC requires annual inspections which requires that you present the registration. Just guessing here. You also have to pay any property tax owed to get license tags renewed, after you get the inspection. It would be really nice if we knew this. Maybe she also asked to borrow money to get this done and Allison told her she had used her last $23 to buy gas.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Allison is originally from California. Her mother still lived in California. Allison's brother, Allan, lives here in Raleigh. A few posts back a video was posted from a news station that states it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!!!

Couple more thoughts: Allison may have rushed down escalator and out through the door where garbage is taken out because it was simply a short cut to her car.

Shell station would have security video.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I agree about the Shell having video, and I hope LE have looked at it before the gas station tapes over it. I'm going to assume they have. I wonder who could have wanted to seemingly harm such a wonderful person? As someone said, the time frame when something happened seems relatively short. I hope they find Allison today!

https://www.facebook.com/MyHeartMyLens/

Scroll to a post July 26 of last year. Explains the relationship of the roommates....

I'm not understanding...The roommate said they met when she started dating AC's brother, and that she married the love of her life. So I assume that was the brother...If she married him, why are she and AC roommates instead of her living with him? Or is he a roommate also?

Great post!! Thanks, and

:Welcome1:

to
Websleuths
Lind_L_Tailor !!
and
TarheelGirl !!
and
Emo22 !!
and
Chimp1111 !!
:cheer:We're glad you've joined our group!!:cheer:
:party:

Someone stated previously that they were ex sister in laws, not sure what page it was posted on.

Btw, another lurker here that made an account, since this hits close to home for me as well. I live 10 minutes from RDU airport. Constantly keeping an eye out for that car since I drive a lot for work.

If N had planned to meet up with Ms. Cope outright, there would be some record of their correspondence. As some articles have already noted, computers were seized from her residence. Also, the police have her cell phone. If a meet up was 'planned,' there would be some electronic trace of it, and It follows that a suspect would at least be named by this point. However, this hasn't happened, so I consider that theory secondary.

Riddle me this: if you were planning an abduction, would you plan to take that person from an airport, where risks would be at its greatest? Would you hinge your entire plan on stealing your potential victim's car, and praying that the vehicle was well enough off to make your getaway? Seems to me like that's putting a lot of faith in factors entirely outside of N's control. And, for the record, typically when crimes are committed, particularly kidnappings, the attacker wants to be in control of as many factors as possible.

I believe this lends support to the theory that N may be somewhat familiar with the airport's layout. Maybe N is an employee, or former employee? Maybe he/she casually knew Ms. Cope? I do believe that Ms. Cope was selected as a target because she was walking through the airport with her car keys visibly in hand. N would have seen her with her keys and no purse, and could have easily concluded that she was heading to her car (why else would she be walking through an airport with her car keys in hand?).

Because Ms. Cope left her work station sporadically, and not habitually, I think it's unlikely that N planned the encounter specifically for her, unless he intended to seize her when she left work, and just decided to take her sooner when the opportunity presented itself.

But at this point, there aren't many -- if any -- major updates. This is surprising to me as it's been established as fact, according to MSM, that Ms. Cope was actually physically present at an airport and gas station, both high-profile areas with lots of security and surveillance.

I just read the article that says RDU employees have expressed concerns about security in the Manager's parking lot before; that there are no security cameras there (someone's car was apparently broken into there), and that RDU police patrol the lot but not frequently enough.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local...ers-mom-heartbroken-and-overwhelmed/452957290

Also, in reference to being able to afford all that travel on a Starbucks salary... she may not pay cash for that stuff. It's possible they're all charged to a credit card or something, or perhaps she has a travel fund that she saves for.

Ok so I assumed she purchased gas with the debit card, but it's saying only she "spent" the remaining $23 at gas station. Also it seems employees are familiar with the lack of security cameras in the managers lot which makes me wonder if someone that works at the airport and uses that lot is responsible.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Was she depressed or have any mental illness?

I once didn't go into work as I literally had a breakdown. I was in my way to work and boom it just happened. I just didn't want to be "here" anymore. I was on my way to work but knew I couldn't go in. I went by our local hospital and checked myself in basically for mental health. I did let my family know and work was advised but everyone including myself were shocked that this happened.

Could she be suffering a breakdown? If I hadn't gone by the hospital I don't know where I would have ended up.

Just my thoughts. I hope she is safe regardless of what has happened.

Ok so I assumed she purchased gas with the debit card, but it's saying only she "spent" the remaining $23 at gas station. Also it seems employees are familiar with the lack of security cameras in the managers lot which makes me wonder if someone that works at the airport and uses that lot is responsible.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I want to know what she bought. That is potentially VERY important.

Random thoughts, scenarios that are unlikely, but still suggesting, pure speculation, imo.

AC has a look that is not uncommon, imo, certainly a pleasant looking young woman, but possibly one who could easily be mistaken for someone else.
For example, AC does in fact go to the garbage area in the basement, while someone resembling her goes directly down the escalator, or vice-versa.

Someone who for whatever reason is focused on seizing AC, will presumably have patience if they know that it will be rewarded. So with that in mind, to be sure they get AC, especially if she is on her own, they find a way to get into her car and hide, waiting whether it be until the end of her working day, or, if they get lucky and AC stops by the car on her break.

Why at an airport and a busy gas station away from the direction of her home?
Perhaps to muddle, complicate and misdirect an investigation into AC's disappearance.

Not that AC is likely to have disappeared of her own volition, but many times when people have gone missing it is understandably more suspicious if they leave behind " important " items like a purse and phone.
Imo, people know this. So in the event they choose to leave but do not want it to look like a choice, they may purposely leave those items.

There are other purses and phones that can replace ones left behind.
Again, speculation that borders on wishful thinking.

Animal welfare worker here. People who work in various animal welfare fields suffer one of the highest rates of compassion fatigue - up there with first responders. I know her primary job isn't the pit bull rescue but it appears to be a major part of her life. At my work, we have yearly mandatory meetings with a compassion fatigue therapist just to check-in and to make sure we're dealing in healthy ways. It's not an easy field and not one for the faint of heart. I've been in this field for over a decade and have suffered bouts of depression related to my work. One instance was so bad I had to take time off. I locked myself in my office, sobbed my eyes out, had a subsequent panic attack, and fled the building - and no one knew what was up with me because I hid it. I was embarrassed. Obviously I don't know Allison's frame of mind, but just throwing this out there.

I've been super broke and used my debit card to get gas at Shell stations in the area many times over the years. I was definitely able to just pump the last of my money into the gas tank. It could be a bank-specific thing, but I really don't doubt that she or someone with nefarious intent was able to drain her account very easily at the gas pump. As long as they ran it as credit and entered the zip code, you're good to go.

And IMO, it seems that if someone has taken her, it's someone she knows, so they likely know her correct zip code. (Raleigh has tons of zips so it would be a hassle to try to figure out which one was hers if the bad guy/girl is responsible for the gas purchase and didn't already know it ahead of time.)

Your post made me think that a zipcode can be found if you keep the registration in the car it has your address on it. Or you keep and insurance card in the car. Or a piece of mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels