GUILTY NC - Antoinetta McKoy, 28, & Jadon Higganbothan, 4, murdered, Durham, Oct-Dec 2010

Missing Durham Boy Sought In Colorado

Authorities near Colorado Springs, Colo. are looking for a missing 6-year-old boy and his mother from Durham, the Denver Post reported Sunday.

A web site dedicated to helping locate missing and exploited chidren identified the missing youngsters as "John" Sisk Higgenbotham.

More: http://www2.nbc17.com/news/durham-county/2011/feb/27/missing-durham-boy-sought-colorado-ar-818635/

It is still so little info!?!?!?

Is he in danger? How long has he been missing? Who reported him missing? Does Mom have any custody rights? WHo were these other children?

I am kinda local, and will keep my eyes open, But I am not quite sure what to look for? :banghead:

Investigated Teller County House Vacated
Friends Of Missing Woman Face No Charges

By: Joe Dominguez
POSTED: 11:33 pm MST February 27, 2011
UPDATED: 12:18 am MST February 28, 2011

<snip>

Neighbors of the home in the 200 block of Ridge Drive said the group of three men, five women and several children moved in a week ago Sunday. This Sunday, they moved out. A woman who wished to remain unidentified said the house was always busy with lots of people coming and going from the home and lights in the home tended to have a "strobe" effect, quickly coming on and going off during the busy hours at night.

http://www.krdo.com/news/27019786/detail.html

A woman who wished to remain unidentified said the house was always busy with lots of people coming and going from the home and lights in the home tended to have a "strobe" effect, quickly coming on and going off during the busy hours at night.
===================================================

I am not sure what that even means. Do they mean it goes on and off a lot because so many people live there, and so people are up and awake different hours of the night, OR are they saying it was a true 'strobe effect' and the light was going on and off at super quick intervals?

Investigated Teller County House Vacated
Friends Of Missing Woman Face No Charges

By: Joe Dominguez
POSTED: 11:33 pm MST February 27, 2011
UPDATED: 12:18 am MST February 28, 2011

<snip>

Neighbors of the home in the 200 block of Ridge Drive said the group of three men, five women and several children moved in a week ago Sunday. This Sunday, they moved out. A woman who wished to remain unidentified said the house was always busy with lots of people coming and going from the home and lights in the home tended to have a "strobe" effect, quickly coming on and going off during the busy hours at night.

http://www.krdo.com/news/27019786/detail.html

"Vania Sisk was last seen Thursday at Walmart in Woodland Park. According to investigators, she recently moved to Colorado with a group of people despite the disappearance of her 6-year-old son in October."

So the little boy has been missing since October? So in other words he did NOT move to Colorado with his mother? This is VERY confusing and I dont have a good feeling at all...

"Vania Sisk was last seen Thursday at Walmart in Woodland Park. According to investigators, she recently moved to Colorado with a group of people despite the disappearance of her 6-year-old son in October."

So the little boy has been missing since October? So in other words he did NOT move to Colorado with his mother? This is VERY confusing and I dont have a good feeling at all...

Sounds like she lived in NC, where her son went missing in October. Recently, despite her missing son, she moved from NC to CO.

I can't imagine doing something like that- not within a few months of my child going missing, anyway. That tells me she already knew her baby wasn't coming home :(.

I hate to say this but I have a feeling little John is not okay.

Missing Durham Boy Sought In Colorado

SNIP......................................

The Post reported Vania Sisk disappeared after Colorado Springs and Teller County, Colo. authorities questioned her on Wednesday about the whereabouts of her son. The paper said she did not show up the next day at a child custody hearing in Woodland Park.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/durham-county/2011/feb/27/missing-durham-boy-sought-colorado-ar-818635/

This is not good at all .... :( Why would you take off and disappear after being questioned about your missing child !

1. You disappeared involuntarily
2. Your up to it in your eyeballs

This case reminds me of little Jezaih King - his mom moved around w/ his body in a bag. :(

Teller County authorities looking for missing mom, son
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 8:38 PM by Jeannette Hynes
Updated: Feb 28, 2011 3:49 AM

SNIP.....................................................

The next day, she didn't show up for a Department of Social Services appointment and hasn't been seen since. The last anyone saw her was at the Walmart in Woodland Park.

Authorities searched the home. They didn't find the missing boy, but they did take nine children into protective custody. Those children are now in Durham, North Carolina.

The people moving out of the home would only say they were moving out and on their way back to North Carolina for custody hearings.

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/teller-county-authorities-looking-for-missing-mom-son/

From what I can glean from her MS page, she has a son, J, who is 6yo. His name is not stated as John anywhere that I can find, but is another more currently popular J name. She also has a 3yo son, P. There are also photos of her grandmother, mother, younger sister, 2 younger brothers, a niece and a nephew.

She also appears to have moved around a great deal, at least during high school (1999-2003), as she lists 4 different high schools ~ 1 in Durham NC, 1 in Waterloo, IA, and 2 in Colorado Springs CO. In one of the photos, she states that Waterloo IA is where she's from.

She also states that she currently works for a large wireless carrier.

She lists her current city as Colorado Springs CO.

However, her last status update on the page was April 3, 2009.

http://www.myspace.com/vania03

Sadly, this lady made two very big, very questionable decisions in my eyes:

1. Moving across the country mere months after her son went missing in NC. I just cannot see myself making such a huge move so quickly, unless she's somehow involved in the disappearance. Emotionally, such a move would be impossible for me to contemplate, if my child had just gone missing. Also, I'd want to be as close to the investigation as humanly possible. I'd be thinking that I need to be there for when he comes home. If I were to move anywhere, it'd be into the police station so that I could monitor the investigation into my missing child!

2. Vanishing after being questioned, in CO, about the disappearance of her son, and subsequently missing a custody hearing. The only reason for that, IMO, is because she's the one who made her son disappear, and she's the one who knows he isn't coming back. :(

Uh-oh. Looks like another "mother's boyfriend" is in the mix.

I am confused about the 9 children taken into custody. Do they belong to all the people that left the apartment?

Have any photos become available regarding little John?

According to this article http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...hing_for_Missing_Mom_and_Child_116996718.html , the children removed from the home belong to several families who were staying in the home in Woodland Park.

My question is if the 5yo and Vania are missing, where is the 3yo? Was he taken into custody of CPS when the other children were? Or is he also missing? Where is the boyfriend?

Also, why were all of the children sent back to Durham NC?

There are photos that I can find of 5yo J, but none are more current than 2009 and none have been released to MSM.

I tried the link, but only one other person came up and the last name wasn't even close...

This does appear to be the father. However, his profile pic is of him, not little J and he does not use his full last name, just the 1st half.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back