Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

attachment.php

UPDATE: Missing Kannapolis woman left work early

CONCORD, N.C. -- Police still are looking for a Kannapolis woman reported by her family as missing since Thursday.

A coworker saw Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, at about 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 23, walking on International Drive near the intersection of Davidson Highway in Concord after leaving work at Connextions Recruiting.

Investigatos say Prentice was at work for less than an hour before she walked out the door. They are investigating calls she made prior to leaving, but say there is no evidence of foul play.

Prentice's father, Rick Morrison, contacted Concord Police on Friday morning to report his daughter missing. Prentice also missed a scheduled appointment Friday morning.

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...-kannapolis-woman-left-work-early-ar-2552777/

Did the Father say, Crystal called someone to come get her from work she was sick, and needed a ride home?

So she started walking home? Where was her ride?

Did the Father say, Crystal called someone to come get her from work she was sick, and needed a ride home?

So she started walking home? Where was her ride?

Yes, he did. He said that Crystal called home (where she was staying with friends) and her eight year old son answered the phone and took the phone to one of the friends. She told him (the friend) that she was sick and "could not get up with her boyfriend" so she wanted someone to pick her up.

I wish he had provided more information about what happened. Did this friend go to pick her up and she wasn't there? Was no one available to pick her up so she decided to walk?

Crystal's father apparently lives in Columbia SC. Has there been any information about how long she's lived in Concord/Kannapolis? Does she have family here besides her son? Where are the friends and the boyfriend?

This is the first I've heard of her being missing. I'll keep a look out up north of her by a couple of hours.

Do we have any locals who can get us pics of the road and her workplace and the McDonald's?

Are there any drop-offs or wooded stretches, etc, in that area she was walking?

I hope they have witnesses and camera footage that'll help find her soon!

I really wish there was a facebook page for her missing - it would be much easier to share with people than random articles. I'm about two hours away but deal with a lot of people from that area on a daily basis - I am going to put up a poster in my office.

The Independent Tribune reports Crystal's sister as telling them that the friend Crystal called lives 10-20 minutes away and said he would pick her up, but by the time he arrived Crystal was gone.

I wonder how much time passed between when she called and when he left?

Why she call him to come pick her up and then leave? She apparentlly gave him directions to her job site -- maybe she thought if she walked out to the main road it would be easier for him to find her?

She called him and said she was sick. If he went to pick her up, couldn't find her, didn't call back, never came home, and her son was with this friend, why didn't he call LE? :dunno: Maybe he wasn't that close of a friend since he didn't know where she lived. Maybe he called her father and the father waited to see if she came home during the night? :dunno:

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...-kannapolis-woman-left-work-early-ar-2552777/

This really bugs me...I would feel safe to go walking from this area in the daytime. It really bugs me that they cannot get any clues as to her whereabouts..she has asthma, did she tell anyone if that had anything to do with her feeling sick?

I'm about 20 minutes from where she worked, I might ride over there and see what the area looks like. The place she worked sounds familiar but I can't picture the immediate area right away, it's been a while since I've been over there specifically. But I would feel that walking there may not be ideal but wouldn't be too unsafe..there are areas closer to my home, right up the road, that I would not want to walk, whereas, I don't feel bad about the area she was supposedly walking in. I guess this is the point, no one feels unsafe before somethiing like this happens. I pray that there's just been some mixup and somehow, she comes home safely.

I can't even begin to think where the police would search aside from doing a thorough search of the areas off the road where she was last known to be. If she got into a car with someone, she could be anywhere...this isn't really an area where you would be walking and have a lot of people stop and offer you a ride, IMO. Then again, I don't think like a criminal. :( I don't want to assume she's a crime victim but what else could have happened?? There's not a lot of major crimes in this county but stuff does happen, such as the Sun Drop plant murders, still unsolved..(not near where she went missing, about 20 minutes away)..and there is more crime than the police would have you think, because when I was broken into at my apartment I was told it doesn't happen the way it happened to me, but it clearly does. LE told me that apartment breakins here are always door kickins and petty thiefs looking to get quick items to sell for drug money. A bit more happened at my place, so clearly, it does happen. SMH. I still don't feel that this area is a place where it would be too expected to have something happen to you while walking down the road in the daytime though.

And if I'm not mistaken, her work is very near the Charlie district police headquarters. I'll check...

cit-missing.jpg

Forty volunteers met at Connextions this morning to search for information about Crystal. They divided into three groups: one searched the woods, the second went to nearby homes to ask questions and the third walked to McDonald's to see if anyone there had any information. Also, Crystal's sister said she went missing in less than 30 minutes. I am assuming that she means there was less than 30 minutes between the time she left work and the time that her friend arrived at Connextions to pick her up.

http://www2.independenttribune.com/...disappearance-cabarrus-ar-2569345/#fbcomments

Missing Concord Woman's Family Speaking Out About Her Disappearance
September 2, 2012

CHARLOTTE, N.C.--Columbia, South Carolina resident Mechelle Morrison Carey said she is focused on finding her sister and bringing her home. "It has been tough but it hasn't been as tough as not having my sister. We're willing to do anything it takes," Carey said.

Read more: http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/lo...ng-Out-About-Her-Disappearance-168334706.html

[video at link]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms