NC NC - Donna Barnhill, 13, Lexington, 18 March 1981

My only knowledge is knowing Donna's name from volunteering online with Missing and Unidentified persons.

also with reading on this forum about her.

Donna Michele Barnhill

Vital Statistics

· Date Of Birth: April 19, 1967

· Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old

· Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 125 pounds

· Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; brown eyes.

· Marks, Scars: A mole / birthmark on her right arm.

· Clothing: An orange sweatshirt; jeans; and a dark jacket.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Lexington Police Department
336-249-8947
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number:
M-434080016
Please refer to this number when contacting agencies in regards to Barnhill's case.

The Charley Project

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

March 18, 2006....today marks the 25th anniversary in the disappearance of 13yr old Donna Barnhill of Lexington,NC

visit www.findmarkalley.com for more info on her case

Sad bench mark for this small town in NC, are we going to let another 25 years pass before someone comes forward in this case?

Brynews,

I am from this area. Live 5 miles from Lexington NC. Do you know if the family has ever decided to give DNA? If this poor child was ever found it is almost no way to id her since there is no dental ( she never went to a dentist) and no DNA. I was told that the family refused dna. Do you know anything about this?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barnhill_donna.html

A reporter was able to get the police to investigate Donna's sister Anita's "accidental" death and it has been reclassified as a homicide due to child abuse but no one has been charged in her murder. Paraphrased because I was unable to copy the actual quote from the site.

From what i understand is that Donna was last seen at a lady named Carol?? not %100 sure on name. After Donna went missing her parents divorced and her dad married this woman. I do know that some ground searches have been done at the house they lived but nothing was found. Last I heard her dad had passed and her mom was in a nursing home.

I just do not see how they could ever id'd her unless someone in her family gives DNA. You know what I mean? I pray that one of her brothers or sisters come foward. Sad very Sad.

contact me at john.meyer3@comcast.net
i think i have a possable match for donna.
i would like some info on donna.
the match i have is 5ft. 6 in.,130lbs,17 to 21years old,perfect teeth,still had wisdom teeth,ears not pierced,32d bra,wranger jeans,a suede jacket,(could be native american jacket),found april 24 1981.
i've got autopsy pics of girl. she looks ALOT like donna!
i've working on this for 7 years.
please reply.
john

Donna Michele Barnhill, 13, Missing since March 18, 1981 from Lexington, NC

Donna Michele Barnhill
Missing since March 18, 1981 from Lexington, Davidson County, North Carolina
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 19, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 125 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown straight hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: A mole / birthmark on her right arm.
Clothing: An orange sweatshirt; jeans; and a dark jacket.
Dentals: Not Available. Prior to her disappearance, she had never been to a dentist.
Fingerprints: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Barnhill left her family's home at 20:30 on March 18, 1981 to walk to a nearby friend's house. She never arrived and has not been seen since.

Investigators

If you have any information on this case, please contact:

Lexington Police Department
Corporal Angie Price
336-243-3302

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCMEC #: NCMC600206

NCIC Number: M-434080016

Please refer to these numbers when contacting agencies in regards to Barnhill's case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 35DFNC

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/35dfnc.html

The most logical conclusion is that one of or both of Donna's parents killed her. Since they were the only ones in the house when Anita, at age 2, 'fell' out of her highchair and died, they most likely are the ones that killed Anita. Since child abuse almost never occurs just once, I think it is most probable that Donna was also killed by her parent(s). Sure, there is a chance that Donna got fed up and left, only to meet a sinister character; but again, the most logical and simplest explanation is that she was murdered by the parent(s).
Is there a source for the fact previously stated that the parents waited a month to report Donna missing?

DONNA MICHELE BARNHILL

(Recent Age Progression drawing at link)

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Apr 19, 1967
Missing Date: Mar 18, 1981
Age Now: 43
Missing City: LEXINGTON
Missing State : NC
Missing Country: United States
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC600206

Circumstances: Donna's photo is shown at link age-progressed to 42 years. She was last seen en route to a friend's house.

Source:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

LINK:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://m.the-dispatch.com/article/20141031/news/310319984/1005/city_schools_now_accepts_food_items_for_backpack_program;jsessionid=5B8F8DF914C0CF8A7198E50346F5EEDE.m2

Barnhill went missing in March 1981. The CUE Center for Missing Persons this week stated in a news release that a forensic artist has aided it with drawing an accurate photo of what Barnhill would have looked like just before becoming a missing child.

With the photo, Caison's nonprofit hopes to keep the Barnhill case in the public eye. The center has plans of putting a billboard with the new photo of Barnhill on it in the Davidson County community.

No new information in regards to her disappearance but it's great that they are planning to do this with her picture. Apparently, the image that is commonly seen on missing persons sites is of her when she was around 7, so they want an "updated" (1981) one. This seems kind of rare since usually they create age enhancement photos and not photos based on how they looked like when they originally disappeared. Hopefully, it will help.

"It's been 35 years since anyone has seen Donna Michele Barnhill"

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/cold-case-spotlight-donna-michele-barnhill-n332216

donna_template_6e43c7c99095ffc451e71a2b7ee8b208.nbcnews-ux-720-400.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa