NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Where have I seen that picture before? It has been in the last few days I know.........because it made me stop and look harder at it because I thought it resembled her too. I'm not very good at that though...

trina, you must have searched google images for her name - it's right there in the first row, last on right

i'm not good at it either but something about this photo stopped me on it and i keep coming back to it.

i tineye'd it, it's nowhere out there.

:dunno:

That was probably it, because I did do a search on Facebook.......I wish this was her, because that girl looks very happy!

A HUGE :tyou: to askfornina for all the transcribing! I am going to pile these up on top of each other so I can read through them all together.

Part 1:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25018532

Reporter: First of all, just tell us about Erica. What-what- we know her from a m-in the last few days anyway, as a girl on a missing/endangered poster that was right up there as well. But, tell us about her as a girl when she was here. What was she like?

Casey: She was normal, just like my other daughter. Just a happy go lucky little girl. Loved boys- when she was even in public school that was her biggest problem, was boys. Um, she would go after 'em. Um, she- she wanted another round of piercings in her ears. We already did one. We weren't gonna let her do a second. She loved clothes. She wanted her hair real long- that was- she always loved her hair long and curly. And, she waited until the day that she was able to get a computer and things. We make our kids wait until a certain age to get the electronic things and she talked about that quite often- that she was going to get that.

Reporter: And, she was adopted. How old was she when she came to you?

Casey: We got her at 4 weeks old. She was placed with us- and- but, she was not legally adopted until July of 2000. She was 2 1/2 years old.

Reporter: Okay. At 2 1/2 years old?

Casey: Yeah.

Reporter: And, from what you're trying to say and what your neighbors have said, you guys taking in kids is just what you do?

Casey: We do. We have- Erica has three half siblings that we also got at the same time. We had seven kids, three of our biological kids and four that we got in at that time when we got her. And, we had them seven kids all the way up until August of 1998 when the other three was placed with other adoptive families that they did get adopted with. And, we had raised Erica from four weeks and she was already calling me 'Momma' and we couldn't- we couldn't let her go at that point, so we- um, the social workers agreed too. We're the ones that learned her how to walk and talk. We were the only parents that she knew at that point. She called us 'Momma' and 'Daddy'.

Reporter: Now, fast forward to, I guess, roughly November 2011. What happened the last day she was here?

Casey: She didn't- her last day wasn't in November-

Reporter: Or, roughly around that time-

Casey: She-

Reporter: - when was the last time-

Casey: The third trip that she went to Nan's on- and that's the final trip where she stayed with Nan, was December 17th of 2011. And that was supposed to be a three week trip for Christmas. She had already went and visited in November and come back for- it was for Thanksgiving but it wasn't on the Thanksgiving week because she was with us that week. Um, but she went for that weekend in November and come back. She also went in another weekend in September and come back.

Reporter: Okay, so she went around Christmas time and previously in September and November.

Casey: Yes.

Reporter: Who's Nan?

Casey: Nan is- Nan is her name, just like anybody gets called grandma and Nana, hers was Nan. And, that's what Erica called her but her real name was Irene Goodman.

Reporter: And, her relationship with Erica?

Casey: It's her biological grandmother on the fathers side.

Reporter: Have you met this woman before?

Casey: I have been talking to Nan since July of 2011, and the first time I met her face to face was in September of 2011.

Reporter: She came here?

Casey: No, we met at a McDonald's in Mooresville.

Reporter: How did you meet her?

Casey: When we met her in July of 2011, it was her biological mother that had gave her all the information to contact us. And, she knew all of our information. She knew our names. She knew Erica's birthday. All about, of course, Erica's biological Daddy and names, and she knew Carolyn, the biological mother. She knew every- everything.

Reporter: At what point did you meet her biological mother, or had you known her?

Casey: We've known her- Erica was our niece even before she was adopted. So.

Reporter: So, the biological mother's name is-

Casey: Is Carolyn Parsons.

Reporter: Where does she live? I know she's out of state, but-

Casey: In- now she's out of state, but they said Louisiana. I've talked to her and she told me Louisiana. She's lived everywhere around this way so I was very, um- and she even lived in Mooresville, and I know she's lived in Kannapolis a lot, in the Concord area.

Reporter: Okay, um- so, the last time you saw her, though- Nan did not come to pick her up- or, how did she end up leaving with Nan?

Casey: No, all three times we met her at the Mooresville McDonald's. All three times.

Reporter: Was there a particular reason that you all wanted to meet at the Mooresville McDonald's?

Casey: She had a four hour drive, and that's actually the spot that she said that she knew and asked us was we willing to meet there. And that's- we've always met there. It's just- that's where we went.

Part 2:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25018703

Reporter: And, um- you're expecting her to come back?

Casey: Yeah, we talked to her over the phone when she was gone and everything- all three times. But, then in December it was a three week- that's the longest she'd been gone was the three week one. And then, of course- about, it wasn't right to the very dead end of three weeks. They called and she just wanted to extend the stay and we agreed on that after a little bit of talk. Then her birthday come up and it come up to her birthday and they wanted to extend that and we was gonna go to a birthday party up there and Nan was going to bring her to a bowling alley. And, my whole family was invited. My parents, all of us. And then, it was about a week before her birthday when they called to let me know that Erica- I knew that didn't come back was going to come up anyway- I was just wondering when it was going to finally be asked cause it was hinting around longer. Stay a little bit longer, stay a little bit longer.

Reporter: When you say everybody go there- there at a bowling alley- there at..?

Casey: At Asheville.

Reporter: Okay. At what point- she said that she didn't want to come home? Or-

Reporter: You tell me, what-

Casey: No, she's- she just wanted to stay with Nan. And I- in and out of the hospitals and- even back in September when she would come home and in November when she would come home, she always wanted to go back. She was ready to go back the very next day after she come back. And, she loved Nan's. She always wanted to go to Nan, if it wasn't going she wanted to call her. She was always ready to go. And, when I go in and out of the hospital, that would be the first place that she wanted to go back was instead of going to my moms and staying, or staying with her older brother and sisters, it would be, "Can I go stay with Nan while you are in the hospital?" That was a four hour drive, we always didn't get an advance notice- I'm going to be in the hospital. It might be emergency room and then get put in. And, so we agreed, "Okay, we'll do that, but- you can stay." There was- we weren't ready to do no permanent signing over or anything like that. I just wasn't ready to do something like that. Um, because I would feel like I lost her at that point and she wasn't going to come back. But, she was happy and she loved Nan. I liked Nan. I really did. She's a very sweet lady.

Reporter: But, at some time you have to- as the adoptive parents, make a decision that it's okay for her to stay with Nan.

Casey: Mhm.

Reporter: And-

Casey: We did that in February. We let her know it was okay. We trusted Nan fully. I mean, I trusted Nan with even my other kids, not just Erica, if that was the case. If she- I needed her for that. Uh, Nan was just a lady that- she was sweet. And Erica always had good to talk- in September, when she come back, November- Erica loved this lady with her whole heart. She loved her to death.

Reporter: At what point did the conversation go from "I'm having fun here and I think I want to stay." What were those conversations like?

Casey: "Let's talk about it later." I kept trying to delay that. Thinking- I always would think that she get there and get a little bit tired and want to come back. 'Cause, she has little brother and sisters and stuff and she'll miss us and she'll want to come back. She'll come back, and, um, then I knew that she was- she loved it and she was happy. And, she was really truthful about wanting to stay. And, she was 14 years old right then. She was like a week from being 14 and with everything going on with the medical situation and everything, I thought it would be a little more stable and better for her actually to stay there. She was- she loved it. She loved it.

Reporter: Did you discuss with Nan that you wanted her to stay there because of your medical issues?

Casey: No, I don't think that I actually told Nan. I don't remember saying anything to Nan- I want her to stay because of the medical- no. It was mainly always Erica wants to stay. Can she stay? And of course, it was always, well at any time that we wanted her to come back, she'd bring her just like that. That was always done.

Reporter: Did the two of you have a conversation about- okay, at what point do we say, okay well she can stay if she wants to stay...

Casey: Well, we pretty much gave Nan the permission to do that when she talked to us that last time. She knew it. She knew that I had no problem with her staying up there at all. 'Cause they had been discussing even purchases of cars even a year away when she got her driver's permit and her license. We- I guess you could say we had a mutual agreement. She was going to stay there, but I mean, it was not like we couldn't visit her. She- she let us know that we was welcome at any time we wanted to. We just had to pick the phone up and arrange it.

Reporter: Did you all ever meet with her or go up there?

Casey: No. No.

Reporter: When was the last time- let me follow up on that question, why didn't you go see her and when was the last time-

Casey: We called.

Reporter: - you physically heard from her on the phone? I mean, if she-

Reporter: - was up there and you guys agreed that she could stay there?

Casey: Well, about a week after the conversation about the not coming to the birthday party, Erica did not want us at her birthday party. And, that was the whole same conversation about her staying there. Um, we was very hurt then but, we- I called about, I would say probably about a week later and several other times too because I didn't know if it was just her phone got disconnected from nonpayment- it would only say it was not receiving phone calls at this time. So..

Reporter: Did you have an address?

Casey: No. I didn't. She'd come down.

Reporter: Um, so- in your opinion, well- you tell me, was she missing and/or endangered?

Casey: No. To me, she's still not missing. She's not missing as far as I know who she's with. I still believe she's with Nan. I think she's scared and maybe Nan's scared. This is an older lady- about late 70's, maybe 80, 81, somewhere in there. Um, and I do believe she's scared. I think they're both probably scared.

Reporter: You have the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, the FBI, the SBI who are all out looking-

Reporter: - for Nan, and I'm assuming you gave them the name because you guys interviewed with them for two straight days.

Casey: Yep.

Reporter: So, how is it that three law enforcement agencies can't track down an older woman and a teenager?

Casey: Well, it's three law enforcements and also us 'cause we've been looking for her too. Um, I do not know. We did track down- there was also two other people there that was with her when she got picked up. And, we have tracked down them people. Them are real people and why they're not being questioned I don't know, because they also- they have to know. They have to know where Nan's at. And they would be, I mean, they was there. Same car, same place, same everything. And them people's names and everything is panned out. And I never met them until them days. So.

Reporter: Do you know who they were in relation to Nan?

Casey: Yes. Uh, the lady gave me the name Strawberry and the detective has since tracked that down and talked to Erica's biological father and that was just a nickname but her real name is Janice Jackson. And, they found her at Carolina beach. And, that was- I do not know if she ever married Billy, Erica's biological father, or if that was a girlfriend, but she had a kid with Billy. And, the other lady there was an adult kid, she was about 18 or 19 years old and her name was Kelly. And, Kelly also had about a 7 month old baby that they said was Kelly's and that they was saying ,"This is your niece, Erica" and "Meet your niece." And, that was a 7 month old baby then. And, so, they was- the girl, Kelly, and the baby that was related to Erica. Strawberry, unless she married Billy, I guess would be unrelated- just, the mother of that other daughter.

Reporter: And you said that you all had been looking for her as well, how have you been trying to look for her?

Casey: Oh, we've always, even my other kids, even before this- we would just look on Facebook to see if Erica had ever created Facebook pages and stuff just to see what she looked like and stuff. Um, but we never had success in finding anything. There is Irene Goodman's on Facebook. There's some in China Grove. Them pictures that's on Facebook don't match the pictures of the lady that I seen. So, I don't think that's the lady that's in China Grove. Um, that's the only pictures I've ever seen of Irene Goodman. The pictures that we seen at the police station of Jana- Janice Jackson, the Strawberry lady, um- the ones they showed me wasn't her. But, then they said they found her at Carolina beach, and she was the lady, they have not- actually, refused to show me her picture. So, I could never identify that lady and don't know what they see and the woman- if they even went to house too and they refused to show me the picture of Kelly also. So.

Reporter: Were you all able to go to Asheville at some point and contact law enforcement there or..?

Casey: No, we was told that they had contacted- on July the 30th, wasn't it? We was told when we was being questioned, they was going in and out of the office, that they had issued an Amber Alert for a 200 mile radius. They had contacted the Asheville- they had went to this lady's house and that every bit of that except for- I'm assuming going to the lady's house, was a lie. They never got in touch with Asheville until just actually the other day when he was on the news and he actually said on the news, "This is the first time I've heard about this." And, we thought that they had all knew about this. All the law enforcement up there. We thought an Amber Alert had been put out for 200 miles. That wasn't done on the 30th. That had never been done.

Reporter: Had you all- yourselves, your family, been to Asheville or contacted Asheville law enforcement yourselves?

Casey: No. I mean, I don't- to me, Erica, up until that, was fine in Asheville, living. I- there was no threat. She's not missing. I thought Erica was just living up there and having fun and being a kid. So.

Transcribed by askfornina:

Part 3:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25018727

Casey: To me, she wasn't missing.

Reporter: Almost two years, and you said- phone number disconnected, didn't have an address. You looked on Facebook. I guess, how intense was the effort to figure out where she was, who she's with, and how she's doing?

Casey: But, see though, I met Nan several times and talked to her. Nan is a wonderful lady. I had no reason not to trust Nan and I knew Erica wanted to stay there and did not want to come back here. So, I was not going to sit there and try to force Erica back when she was doing just fine and having fun and being with her grandmother. I just- there was no reason for me- I had no reason to doubt there was anything going on with Erica.

Reporter: How were you handling school and checking up with her, make sure she was-

Casey: She was home schooled, and we-

Reporter: - meeting the state requirements for homeschooling?

Casey: Well, the lady up there said she had her- the next door neighbor was a teacher and a tutor and that she was getting her- she was getting tutored with her because Erica has a huge learning disability. She's very- she's- if you would say equivalent to grade levels, she's probably three levels behind. And, she went to public school here until it was- it would get embarrassing for her because all the groups that she was with- they actually wouldn't even call her at a grade level. She would have to go to another room by herself with other kids that was way younger than her. And, it would get very embarrassing and she did not like that. So, we home schooled her. And, Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests and workbooks and everything that we worked with and she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And, that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that.

Reporter: Then, the missing persons report is filed by James. I'll ask a question about him in a minute. But, then a couple days- so, the poster comes out, the news release comes out, the story comes out- and then, the Sheriff's office says, "The parents did provide some information and possible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons (advising that she may be in the Asheville, NC area with relatives), but after following up on this information, Sheriff’s Investigators have determined that the information the parents provided was not true." They say, "Sheriff’s Office Investigators have followed up on information on possible locations of Erica Parsons across the State of NC, but so far, none of the information provided by Casey & Sandy Parsons have been found to be factual." And to that, you say- what?

Casey: They're lying. And he warned us that he would say stuff like that when we got our lawyer. They proved there was the other lady there, Strawberry. And, we also got told, um, Billy Goodman's mother is from Asheville and she resided in Mooresville. And, I don't know, I don't remember what they said her name was. And, the Strawberry lady has lived everywhere including also Mooresville. This is all comes from the detective. And, there is a Kelly and she does have kids. Just like the phone call with Billy at the police station when they called, he denied ever even having Erica as a kid- he never had a kid, he said. And he has three kids. We told them all everything so why they're saying that the factual thing- there was a Strawberry. That lady Strawberry, and a Kelly. I have no idea, because they know exactly who them people are. They've talked to them.

Reporter: Why would they lie? In your-

Casey: I have no idea.

Reporter: - I mean, you're saying that they are lying, so- why?

Casey: There's a Strawberry and there's a Kelly. They've talked to them. I do not know.

Reporter: So, who are you saying is lying- is it investigators or the people they're talking to?

Casey: The detectives are. The one- I've only talked to one detective. Detective Malden. I haven't talked to anybody else. There was a police officer in the room on the second day, I don't even know what his name was.

Reporter: Do you feel the information that you were given from Nan and some of those other folks was incorrect?

Casey: Honestly, I do not. I really believe there is Nan and Irene, and I know there's the Strawberry and Kelly. I- no, I don't. I really believe them.

Reporter: So, you don't think they could have given you fake names or-

Casey: No.

Reporter: led you to believe one thing over the other?

Casey: No. I don't.

Reporter: Where do you think Erica is now?

Casey: I honestly believe she's still in Asheville with Nan. I really do. They said Strawberry is in Carolina Beach. I don't know if they've moved down there or what but when Erica went in September and November, she told us of the Biltmore house, the big house. So, I know she's seen it, I've never took her to seen it. And, she rode horses in the mountains and she talked of that even about to my other kids and everything.

Reporter: And, again, just to clarify- you said this Janice Jackson might also be the same person as Strawberry?

Casey: As Strawberry.

Reporter: And that is Erica's biological father-

Reporter: - that you claim denies that he has kids?

Casey: Yeah. He said that over the phone.

Reporter: What's his name?

Casey: Billy Goodman, wasn't it? I know it's Goodman. Was it Billy?

Sandy: I think it was Billy Goodman.

Casey: I think they said Billy Dean Goodman, is what the detective said.

Reporter: Okay. What school did she go to here?

Casey: She went to Bastian Elementary in Rockwell, and then she also went to Mount Pleasant in Concord. Well, Mount Pleasant. It was the Cabarrus County school systems.

Reporter: How was her relationship at home? How was it here with you guys and the kids?

Casey: It was good. It was good. And, she had a very special bond to the little ones. She was their bigger sister and she was here when they was born. She loved it.

Reporter: So, why did she want to stay with Irene instead of coming back here?

Casey: She loved her grandma.

Reporter: So it wasn't-

Casey: She just did.

Reporter: - that she was unhappy here, so much that she wanted to be happy with her grandmother?

Casey: They gave her more stuff than we could, material wise. 'Cause, even here when she would come back in September and November, it would- if we didn't give her the clothes and stuff that she wanted, she would be like, "I'mma call Nan. They'll get it for me."

Reporter: You have to understand at this time, this household was in turmoil over James- he had assaulted her in August of 2011. He had been arrested and spent 20-some days in jail, uh- been released. He had- what- psychological problems?

Casey: Yes, he did.

Reporter: He had to be committed at one point?

Casey: Presbyterian Hospital, yeah.

Reporter: Okay. And he- uh, you were sick, you had had- I think, part of the warrant had said that you had actually- that he had pulled your-

Casey: G-tube, and-

Reporter: G-tube out, your bag out- your colon bag out-

Casey: Yeah. Yeah.

Reporter: And, at that time he was going- you were ill. He was going through legal situations. And it was- it wasn't- it'd be easy to believe a child could have an idyllic setting somewhere else that they'd rather be in.

Casey: Yes. And, here- when she lived here in the last few months that she did, it was him going to work, me at the hospital. Nobody really here but older- Jamie, was my older son and my oldest son had already left and got married at that point. He did not live here, and he was fixing to go into the army. And, my hospital visits weren't a two or three night stay, we're talking two and three weeks, maybe four weeks. So, she would be here with James a lot. We call him Jamie. Then, I would come home. And, during that period I was here maybe a week sometimes before I'd go right back in the hospital, and then Jamie was doing a lot. There was a lot of stress here in the last months. When she went there, like I said, she would come back a day or two and want to go right back. She'd be willing to call her- it'd be like, "I want to go ride the horses. Let me just go this weekend." And I, "No, no." She was ready to go right back. And, that's-

Reporter: And you said- James was committed to Presbyterian?

Casey: Yes, he was- he did. He had bipolar and he would- he would be suicidal one minute and then maybe even an hour later real hyper, talkative, couldn't get him to be quiet and you'd think he was okay and then the next minute you'd have to go watch him and look for where he's at 'cause he'd get suicidal again. Real mean. He had a lot of anger. Lot of anger.

Reporter: Do you, um- the warrants say assaulting a three year old. Biting an arm. It also said threatening the same child when he was then five. Assault on a female, yourself-

Casey: And my daughter.

Reporter: -one of the sisters in some sort of threatening manner. Do you believe, if Erica was home a lot with him, and there is no court record that we know of that says he assaulted her- but, do you think something was going on, maybe he allegedly assaulted her? Did she ever tell you?

Casey: She would just tell me he hollered at her a lot and stuff. She's never really said anything about him assaulting her. Um, Jamie did every one of us like that. We was all a little bit scared of Jamie. Just even after yesterday they put his mugshot up on TV. We was all worried about whether he was going to come last night and show up. That's just him. We've all feared Jamie.

Reporter: Was he asked to leave?

Casey: We had to call the cops. On June the 7th was the last day that Jamie was in this house. I think it was June the 7th.

Reporter: Why was he kicked out?

Casey: He beat me until I was unconscious that day. And, he had slammed my eight year old into that door right over there.

Transcribed by askfornina

Part 4:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25019543

Reporter: Do you think that was the reason why he went to law enforcement?

Casey: Oh, yes. I know it is, because he was being arrested, actually, when he saw that I called the cops, he ran out the door. They had to pick him up down the road. Um, and they bring him back. And, I was going to press charges on him, but I knew that he wouldn't have a chance. He would probably go to jail for a pretty good long time. He's 20 years old, and I love all my kids, and I wanted to give him a chance to be able to get a job. And, the law- the cops said I could make him stay away, get him to stay away, and if he had a place to go, maybe he could straighten his life out as long as they could make him not stay- come here so we wouldn't be in a threat. So, that was the agreed thing- if he stayed away, he could go live with his uncle and they would help him out. 'Cause, it was either the uncle or the homeless shelter 'cause nobody else on either side of the family was willing, cause they know his problems. They would not take him in. Matter of fact, he had to sit three hours at the Rowan County Library because he wasn't allowed on even his father's property at that point.

Reporter: What do you think he was hoping to accomplish by going to law enforcement?

Casey: He wanted me to go to jail, because I've put him in jail every time he's been in jail. I'm the one that did it. And, he's always- every time he would get mad over anything he always bring that up to me. "You put me in jail, you ruined my life, nobody will give me a job because you made me have a record." And, it was always my fault. Always. And he's always told me he was going to get me one day. I never think he would do this to me.

Reporter: Where is Jamie now?

Casey: With his, um- brother. His uncle, Scott Parsons, in Harrisburg.

Reporter: Have you heard from him since this all started?

Casey: Yep. He is- he come before this started, he come over here, would eat dinner with us and everything. Matter of fact, he was over here the day before, July the 29th and ate supper with us. Scott got him a new truck and everything. New clothes, and all this. It's helped him out and we thought he was really coming along. And, on July the 30th, we knew something was up, we told the people yesterday, cause he called here and he told us that, um- he talked to him, but he told us that he loved us and he wanted us to know he loved us a lot and more or less about what was fixing to go down. We didn't know what he meant by that. And he- he loved us. And then, later on that evening when this started we knew exactly at that point what he meant then, what that phone call was about.

Reporter: Why did he think that it would draw the police here and the investigation the way it has?

Casey: He told them that-

Reporter: I mean, did you guys have discussions- like we don't know where the heck she is?

Casey: Oh, no. He was here the day that she walked out and went to Nan's. He watched her. All my other kids was too- watched her on- for the three week trip for Christmas, he watched her walk right out the door to go to the McDonald's to meet Nan. He knew Nan. He talked to Erica about the horses that she rode at Nan's all the time. He knew Nan. Erica talked to him about it several times. So, that's why I don't understand the report given to us that night when they come here. James has said that we killed her and buried her in our backyard. And, that's what they was asking. Did we kill her and bury her?

Reporter: And your answer?

Casey and Sandy: No.

Reporter: Cause I know, I mean, that's getting kind of to the next thing here- some of the tougher stuff that you guys have been accused of, whether it's from James or whatever the investigators have said, so you tell me. Flat out denying any sort of-

Casey: No, there is- she's at Nan's.

Reporter: - some sort of crime, being part of any sort of disappearance or not telling the truth?

Casey: No. She's at Nan's.

Reporter: Did you invite them to look at your backyard?

Casey: Oh, yes.

Sandy: Oh, yeah.

Casey: We came and we told- actually we told the detective our door is open and our door has always stayed open actually, that was just a thing before all the reporters started coming, and we told him, our door is always open anytime you want to walk through this door and it still is right this second. Um, and he even said, "Yeah, I know. We've seen it opened."

Reporter: Did they accuse you of killing her?

Sandy: Yes.

Casey: Yes. Several times.

Reporter: What exactly did they say?

Casey: Homicide investigations wanted to know, did we sell her? He asked us that. He told us that I had a lot of medical bills and said that they know it probably got hard so- what did we do? Sell her? Sell her to people, and, uh- we did not do nothing like that. It was just all these different accusations. That we- it was just getting to hard- we gave her away, or it was just too much stress and everything that we just do away with her. And, it was very horrible stuff that they was- that they would say to us. And, on the day that we got- we called lawyer Sherill was- the man that James is staying with right now actually called us and told us that the detectives had told him that this was a homicide investigation and they really weren't even trying to find Erica. So, that's when we knew we better go call somebody if that was the truth. And, then we confronted the detective in the lobby when we went back about what Scott had called and said to us.

Reporter: They asked you or accused you of killing her?

Casey: They- I don't know what you mean, the difference- they asked me did I kill her, and they told us- his exact words about selling was, "You sold her because the medical bills was too high."

Reporter: But, you've only spoken to one detective, and there was another officer?

Casey: The second day there was an officer- I did not remember his name, and he was in the room when I was being questioned.

Reporter: Did he have a uniform on?

Casey: Yeah, he did. It was a gray shirt and some black pants.

Reporter: It was a police uniform-

Reporter: -not a suit?

Casey: Yeah. It was a police uniform. Yes. It was- the detective was wearing, you know, just- a suit, dress clothes. But, this man had a gray shirt on. I'm pretty sure it said "Police". I'm pretty sure it did.

Reporter: Or "Sheriff"?

Sandy: Sheriff. I think it was Sheriff.

Casey: It might have said Sheriff. It was a gray shirt and black pants and he was sitting over to the side. He did ask me some questions too. And then, the rest of the people that we talked to was another lady and it was just a DSS worker. That's it.

Reporter: Now, regarding DSS and what- I'm just asking, this is what one other person told us, is that since she was adopted, the case is not from Rowan County, it's from the Asheville area or I guess where she came from, whatever county where the adoption was initiated.

Casey: Cabarrus County.

Reporter: Cabarrus County? Okay. Do you guys still receive any sort of financial compensation from DSS or the state, are you still receiving that money for Erica-

Casey: She gets-

Reporter: -even though she hasn't been here for two years?

Casey: Yes. Because, I actually have the letter that states that you get it if you have legal responsibility of Erica.

Transcribed by askfornina

Part 5:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25019228

Casey: (video starts mid-sentence) -of custody.

Reporter: Some person who didn't want to say that person's name, thought perhaps that may be unethical to continue to receive-

Casey: You have to understand about that. Along with that comes Medicaid, and I knew that was Erica's only way of going to the doctor if she became sick and needed to go to the doctor. So, if you cancel that too, you cancel her insurance that she has, and that was her only health insurance at all. And, I actually have the letter over there that tells about receiving that. And, there's two criterias for it- legal responsibility or financial responsibility.

Reporter: So, how did you use the money, then?

Casey: It- just put it in the bank, and just like we received it, and it's in- it's sitting in the bank. 'Cause-

Reporter: No one went to Irene, Nan?

Casey: No, we don't even know an address. I still have her Medicaid card sitting here.

Reporter: How would she get-

Casey: If she needed that.

Reporter: - to the doctor?

Casey: She would have to call and do it. Now see, they did mention about treatment one time for her. And Nan, when we called her back, we went to see- we called to see how that went when she was at the ER, supposed to be, that night- um, she said she got her treated.

Reporter: This is up in Asheville?

Casey: Yes. And they- the detective said they called a hospital. The hospital me and my husband searched for and found was Mission's Hill, wasn't it? Hospital, that we assume that's where she went to. Um, but they won't give you any information over the phone. And, the detective said they was checking all that and checking it out.

Reporter: Do you know how to contact the biological parents?

Casey: Uh, the mom has called me almost every day up until this week.

Reporter: What's she saying? What's she calling for?

Casey: She was actually supposed to come here and wanted to stay here with me until she could talk, in case they needed her. Up until Monday, now she doesn't, she hasn't responded to me anymore.

Reporter: Have you tried to call her back?

Casey: Yes. They said- well, the last time she said that was somebody from the media called her and told her that I killed her. And that was- she hung up.

Reporter: But, had you been in contact with her for this whole time?

Reporter: Regular contact with her?

Casey: Yes, all of us has. My daughter-in-law, all of us has talked to her constantly.

Reporter: So, where is she at now?

Casey: I think she's still in Louisiana. I have no idea. As of Monday, that's where I think she still was at.

Reporter: So, who are her parents in relation to you, then?

Casey: Her, the-

Reporter: Biological mother.

Casey: Her parents, they're not- she was married to my husband's brother. She was our sister-in-law.

Reporter: Who is not the father of the child?

Casey: Yeah. She's not- not of Erica.

Reporter: That's Billy?

Reporter: So, in addition to you guys not knowing where she is, not being able to find Nan, the father- biological father- does not know where she is? That's what he, perhaps, is telling you-

Casey: That's what he's saying.

Reporter: - or investigators and the biological mother does not know where she is, either?

Casey: Yeah, and when I told- she did not know there was other ladies there with her to pick her up and she's- I told her about Strawberry and her exact words was, I hate to say that on this, but she was like, "That *****. If I know she's in on this, I'm going to kill her." and I said, "You've met Strawberry before, Carolyn?" and she goes, "I lived with her for almost 6 months." That's- I didn't even know she knew these people, not the Strawberry woman and Kelly. I knew she knew Nan. I didn't know she knew Strawberry and them.

Reporter: And, she's the one who put you in touch with Nan?

Reporter: The biological mother-

Reporter: -put you in touch with Nan?

Casey: Yes. She gave- Nan said all of our information, Erica's birthday and everything come from Carolyn Parsons. Everything.

Reporter: What's the last thing investigators either asked or said to you? When was it? I mean, I know you-

Casey: It was- the last thing they said to me was I was going to regret going to my lawyer. We had probably a three hour conversation about going to the lawyer. 'Cause when we went back up for more questioning and we told them straight out that after at 4:30 we had an appointment, they- nothing was said about Erica during that time, at that point. It was all the lawyer, and we would regret it.

Reporter: Mr.Sherill, have you spoken to anyone in law enforcement?

Sherill: Haven't heard a word.

Reporter: Is that unusual in a case like this?

Sherill: If they wanted any information, they know where to find it. They've never spoken to me.

Reporter: They said uncooperative, in your opinion-

Casey: It's 'cause we went to the lawyer. No, we did exactly what he told us to do. Matter of fact, when he come- the very first day of questioning when he showed up at our house at 9 o'clock in the morning and asked us would I be willing to follow him back to look at pictures and to try and identify Nan and Strawberry and Kelly, we just got my pocketbook and we followed him straight back up there. We stayed all day, and the very next day was back up there again. And then when we said we was getting a lawyer, that's when heck broke loose and he said we would regret it. But, I did tell him I was more than willing to still come back up there and answer any questions and do what he wanted as long as lawyer Sherrill could be there, and he would not let me come.

Sherrill: As an aside to that, the department of social services came out here- what was it, July 30th?

Sherrill: 31st?

Casey: 30th.

Sherrill: And did an assessment to if there was any danger, do you have that with you?

Casey: Yes, I do. Do you want to grab that folder for us over there, Kayla?

Reporter: Two other juveniles were removed, is that correct?

Reporter: It was two?

Reporter: And, they were removed because they're under 18, is that correct?

Casey: They never told me why they was being removed. I do not know.

Reporter: You have other kids here, but they're older?

Casey: Yeah. I got a 17 year old daughter.

Sherrill: The assessment is a safety assessment, and they're marked here, um.

Reporter: What is the date?

Sherrill: The current date it says is July 30th, 2013. Their signatures are actually dated July 31st, 2013.

Sandy: They left at 1:30 in the morning.

Sherrill: Every- there are 11 questions as to whether there is danger to the child or children. The first 11 questions are marked 'no'. The 12th question has an 'other', so it's not a standard question, and it says, "The whereabouts of Erica Parsons is unknown." Then, they have a plan, again marked 'other', that says 'See below', and they say, "The plan in effect until safety issues have been resolved is parents agree to make every effort to contact Erica by Facebook, or find contact information for her caregivers." Then, it was what, August 1st-

Sherill:- that you called me?

Casey: Yes. This was like at 1:30 in the morning, so it actually had turned into July the 31st, and just 24 hours later.

Sherill: Okay. You called me on August 1st, and at 8 o'clock that night, the department of social services came out and took the children.

Reporter: Two of them, correct?

Casey: Mhm. Not even twenty- the only difference was, um- cause we got a lawyer and they told us that we would regret it.

Reporter: Getting back to some of the other things you said before- why, in your words, were they accusing you of murder and/or selling her? I know you talked about the medical bills.

Reporter: But, why did they say that?

Casey: The murder is all James. All of it James. All of it James, 'cause he said that. He said that. That's the only reason. And his is retaliation. He's mad at me.

Reporter: Did they say they have any evidence against you-

Casey: No.

Reporter: -of a crime?

Casey: Nothing.

Reporter: Have they told you if you're a suspect?

Casey: No, they haven't. They haven't told us anything like that. Nothing.

Reporter: So, suddenly, someone could just get into contact with Erica.

Casey: Exactly. His exact words were actually, when we told him we was going to the lawyer, was- cause I was crying, he said, "Why would you be going to a lawyer?" and I said, "Cause of what Scott said that you told him." And um, his words was, "Everything that you've told us has checked out." So, I don't understand why they're saying now that we have lied about the stuff when his words was, everything that we've told him has checked out. Did he not?

(Sandy nods)

Casey: He told us that in the lobby of the courthouse. His exact words to us. He said, "Everything you have been telling us has checked out. We've got it. We've got Strawberry. We've got the Kelly. Everything." And, he said, "So, you still want to go to this lawyer?" I said, "Yes." And that's when he actually, he had a cell phone in his hand, he said, "You are going to regret doing this." He said, "Do you understand what I'm saying?" I said, "Yes." And I didn't know what he meant then either, and he got on his cell phone and we walked out of the court house and walked to his office, and then when we got home just like an hour later we knew what he meant by that.

Reporter: Assuming Erica, like many teenagers, has access to the internet- she can probably see what is happening, what would you say to her?

Casey: Well, actually, her half-sister actually told the detectives that she had talked to her just earlier this year on Facebook and asked her, "How are you doing?" And she replied, "I'm fine." And that was her step- it's her half-sister, Carolyn's biological daughter, Brittany Cline. And, we was told that during the two days of questioning, that Brittany had contacted her and said she's doing fine.

Reporter: So, that was three months ago?

Casey: She said, "Earlier this year, I talked to Erica on Facebook." She had a Facebook page and she talked to her and asked her, "How are you doing?" and she replied, "I'm fine."

Reporter: How would she be able to find one?

Casey: I cannot find no Facebook. Brittany said though that she had it under a different name. Um, Brooke is gone, isn't she? Brooke remembers the day that Brittany said- we actually even have pictures of where Brittany wrote Brooke where the Facebook thing was- my daughter, Brooke- pictures of her saying where she talked to her and Erica replied, "I'm fine."

Reporter: I guess, obviously this could be a law enforcement question too but they don't- they're not answering questions. With cell phone technology, internet technology, court records, you know, where people live, things of that nature, um- search warrants, they can come see your phone records, cell phone records, whatever- you know, why can't they find a 15 year old girl?

Casey: To my knowledge, they've never even looked at none of that stuff yet. And why, I don't know. 'Cause I've asked myself the same thing. We've welcomed them to come here and do whatever they have to do. Anything. And they're welcome right this minute. They are. We've told them to dig the yard up, look in our house, look at anything. They're more than welcome to do that. More than welcome.

Reporter: Is there a search underway?

Casey: Nothing that I know of.

Reporter: Have you heard of any indication investigators are..?

Sherrill: Haven't said anything to me.

Reporter: Why would they do this?

Sherrill: I don't know.

Reporter: You likely have some experience with them. Have you ever seen local investigators do something like this under the threat of somebody getting a lawyer?

Sherrill: Uh, I have my own opinions. (chuckles)

Reporter: I'm sure.

Sherrill: But, uh- that would be, I would say, unusual anyway. What they did was, they basically asked them all the questions. They tried to answer all the questions they could, but they started asking questions they couldn't answer because they didn't have the knowledge. So, it's a law enforcement thing to start accusing to see if somebody will pipe up and say, and when they started accusing, they said, "Wait a minute. We think we need a lawyer." or, "We might consider a lawyer." So, they came and talked to me, and evidently for what, three hours, they browbeat you after that?

Sherrill: For going to a lawyer?

Sherrill: And then, I gave you cards and you gave them cards and said, "Here's our lawyers name if you want to talk to us some more." And they haven't asked another question.

Casey: Nothing.

transcribed by askfornina

Part 6:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...c&VID=25019208

Reporter: There are some people- and they don't want to be identified who say, "There is something they're not saying."

Sherrill: Those are the people talking to WSOC.

Casey: That's his family.

Reporter: I'm asking the question now. (Sherrill chuckles) I, I- you know. But- to those people who say, you know what, there's just something that they don't want people to know, there's something that happened and they're not talking about it. And, you say- what?

Casey: First, let me just explain that family real fast. He's sitting here and I know he don't want to say anything against the family. We don't do that. We just always keep our mouth shut and kept to ourselves. This, to us, was our family that lived here. My kids. We've been shunned by that family since we been married, even before we had kids. I can tell you that his parents and them, I could tell you- count on one hand how many times they laid eyes on Erica in probably ten years, much less the last two to three, what they're saying. That- no. We didn't go to birthday parties. We didn't go to Christmas stuff at their house. We didn't do that. That was- that has been a long family history with that family. And, you gotta also remember, the son that's doing this to us is with that family. So, that's a lot of why they're saying this and doing this.

Reporter: If, say, hypothetically they find Erica.

Reporter: She's 15 years old. You still technically have legal custody. If she's found, is she coming back here?

Casey: That's what- no, that's what I was hoping all this would do. I'm hoping that Erica is not scared and will come forward 'cause there is two other little kids involved that she loves very much. And, I don't think she realizes that they have been removed from this house because of this. If she would just call, I understand that she wants to stay with Nan, and that's- I told her before, that's fine. We can work this out, and they just want it legal. I'm willing to do that. If Nan wants to go and do legal stuff, we'll go do legal stuff so all this will be resolved. I won't make Erica still come home. She's welcome to stay there as long as DSS and them are present and says she can stay there. But, she needs to just call. One of them needs to call. So, they can say, "I'm fine. I'm here." Let's just get the legal stuff taken care of, and we can decide then at that point if Nan's, in the laws eyes, 'cause they took my parental rights saying it's safe away, so let's let them say if it's safe for her to stay. 'Cause, to me, it was. I'm more than willing to let her stay there if she just call and tell us. Just come and we'll do- we'll get something where she can still go with that grandmother. We'll just do it on the paper this time the right way. I'm more than willing to do that. But, it could get her little brother and sister back in this house where they're not going through this, and all it would take it just to set up- just minutes, "I'm okay." And, we will do it. I'll pay for the stuff to get signed over if she would just come and let us sign papers. Lets just sign it and do it legal so the law will be okay with this, and they will see where she's at.

Reporter: Do you even know if Nan is alive?

Casey: She was alive when she got her in December. Um, I would assume she still is. I have been told that she died by Carolyn, and the detectives mentioned that. But, they also told me the girl that was with Strawberry- her daughter died in a car wreck, and that come out that was a lie, and she's alive.

Reporter: And, you said on Facebook she was a different name?

Casey: That's what Brittany- Brittany said. Do you remember the name that Brittany said she was going under on the Facebook? When she wrote, "Are you okay?" and she wrote back, "I'm okay."? You don't remember that? Have you got that still on your thing?

Female off camera: She just told me about how she just wrote her about a few months back and all she got from Erica was, "I'm fine."

Casey: Okay. But it was supposed to be a whole other Facebook, it wasn't under Erica Parsons. So, we even been looking for Erica Goodman. And then, now since we found Strawberry's name, Janice Jackson, we was looking for Erica Jackson. We been looking for everything that you could think of.

Reporter: Primarily searching on Facebook?

Casey: I am, 'cause that's the last- that's the last time that I know that anybody says they've talked to her, was Brittany. So, we started doing all these Facebook things, and trying to see if maybe she's just under there or something where she'll call.

Reporter: Now, the horse riding, that would tell me that there must be some land up there-

Reporter: - is the home in the city of Asheville, or...?

Casey: No, Nan told me the home- it was fifteen minutes from the Biltmore house and she had a farm, and she had horses. And, Erica told me about the horses that she rode all the time.

Reporter: So, what's the next step for you?

Casey: We're waiting. We're waiting on that call to come in. We don't know what else to do but to wait for that call. Hoping that maybe she'll see this. She'll see what happened to the other ones and she'll call.

Reporter: Are you going to call investigators back?

Casey: That- they know, they know where to reach me at. I don't know what to call and tell them. They know I'm here waiting on them. They know I'm open anytime.

Reporter: But you don't want to call-

Casey: They know our home phone number. They know our cell phone number. They know everything.

Reporter: We've heard rumors that your family will be appearing on Dr. Phil. Is that true at all?

Sherrill: Monday.

Casey: Monday.

Reporter: Monday you're on Dr. Phil?

Reporter: Will you be there, as well?

Sherrill: That's projected. They called yesterday and asked. My secretary is lining it up.

Reporter: What is their subject for the show?

Sherrill: I have no idea. They just- they just tell me where to go.

Reporter: So, you're planning to go on Dr. Phil, though?

Casey: Yeah. We're hoping this will flesh her out.

Sherrill: She could be anywhere in the country and if there is any way to reach her, that's a way to do that.

Reporter: You don't know what the segment is about? They didn't...?

Sherrill: They called us. They evidently picked it up from somewhere and said they were interested in it. Called us yesterday and wanted an exclusive interview. We told them we're doing the local TV stations. They said, "That's fine." And, uh- last I heard, they wanted us- I think we're supposed to fly out tomorrow.

Casey: Yeah. That's what she said.

Reporter: Flying up to New York?

Sherrill: LA.

Casey: LA.

Reporter: Did they pitch any particular angle or...?

Sherrill: They just said they picked it up on the internet or from news sources and said that it was very popular and they wanted- their only request was that we do them exclusively.

Reporter: Did they say when that could be aired?

Sherrill: They're supposed to do it on Monday, I don't know if it's live. I don't even know what network it's on.

Casey: We're in hopes that she or somebody watches it and maybe she won't be scared to come out and call.

Reporter: Why would she be scared of calling now?

Casey: Well, there's cops involved. I don't know exactly what she's thinking- going through her head. I mean, my kids that lived here was scared when they got taken away. Even the little ones was scared to death. They was scared to go outside to play with their dogs. Nothing they did, nothing that Erica's done- that's scary for anybody at any age. I'm almost 40, and this is very scary for me. I don't- I've never had people knocking on my door like this. We have people that's hollering at us, threatening to kill us. I mean, we have a lot of stuff going on at this house.

Reporter: Do you have a more recent picture of Erica that we could use?

Casey: I've got the one from Christmas.

Reporter: That was Christmas of what year?

Casey: Of 2010.

Reporter: And, do you have a picture of James?

Casey: I don't have it on me. Where was...?

Sandy: It's in the files, I think. Do you want me to go get it?

Casey: Could you get that for us, Rick?

Casey: Homicide investigations wanted to know, did we sell her? He asked us that. He told us that I had a lot of medical bills and said that they know it probably got hard so- what did we do? Sell her? Sell her to people, and, uh- we did not do nothing like that. It was just all these different accusations. That we- it was just getting to hard- we gave her away, or it was just too much stress and everything that we just do away with her. And, it was very horrible stuff that they was- that they would say to us.

Snipped & bolded by me.

That's quite an interesting double negative.

ok those with built-in advanced face recognition - is this Erica??

(I've included the pic from the missing poster to compare...)

Thank you all for the warm welcome, especially since I opened by offering support for Casey!

I think the girl in the picture looks older than 15, but you never know with photographs. Otherwise, I see the similarities. Where was this picture found?

I do think that someone in and out of the hospital as much as Casey appears to be qualifies as frail. Size does not always equal strength. Hospital stays take a lot out of you.

To continue playing devil's advocate, I don't think that the other family members, including the son, can be considered credible at this point. In regards to speaking in the past tense, I think it is fair to say these people are not members of Toastmasters. I think the worst evidence is the story about who they left Erica with. It could be a total lie, or it could have just been dumb, dumb, dumb.

If they murdered her or covered up her murder, how could they have carried this out for so long? It seems like someone would have cracked or said something before now. And that they would have cleaned up any evidence, especially in the last two weeks of police involvement leading up to this week's search of their house.

there, hope nobody minds that, I just wanted to have them all in one place. IDK about yall, but WS doesn't always play as nicely as I'd like for it to, and I'm constantly waiting for a page to load, then it's the wrong page, etc. etc...:maddening:

ok those with built-in advanced face recognition - is this Erica??

(I've included the pic from the missing poster to compare...)

I googled her name and found the photo you posted. It's attached to a YouTube profile which is linked to a MySpace account. The girl doesn't look as similar in her other photos. It says she's from WV. Although she has a sister who is a MySpace friend that looks close to Erica as well.

Snipped & bolded by me.

That's quite an interesting double negative.

I've often wondered about statement analysis and (sadly) common incorrect grammar.

I'm looking for it, but somewhere, mom says they want to "flesh her out"... WTH? That didn't sit well with me. Kinda like Billie Dunn not wanting to look in the ugly fields... later Hailey was found in an ugly field...or Mark Redwine saying Dylan was "looking over us"... later he's found up on a mountain. Hmmm.... :confused:

I wonder if they sold her too. That sentence makes me nauseated just typing it. But the jbr magazines and book really looks bad on the parents. The son would have been too small to know that case right? I have a bad feeling about the mom. Nothing she says adds up. Who on here would take their child to stay with a lady that they only met with briefly at McDonald's..not me.

I've often wondered about statement analysis and (sadly) common incorrect grammar.

I'm looking for it, but somewhere, mom says they want to "flesh her out"... WTH? That didn't sit well with me. Kinda like Billie Dunn not wanting to look in the ugly fields... later Hailey was found in an ugly field...or Mark Redwine saying Dylan was "looking over us"... later he's found up on a mountain. Hmmm.... :confused:
I think it's interesting, and I think there is some truth to analysis.

I didn't even notice that one about "flesh her out". Yikes, what a choice of words.

Just thinking if I type it out - it will make better sense ---

- JP said he woke up one morning in November or December of 2011 and Erica was not at home.

- JP asked his parents where is Erica at? They said they had been to Asheville and took Erica to her grandmothers.

- JP hasn't seen Erica since.

:banghead:

NOPE...

:scared:

Reporter: We've heard rumors that your family will be appearing on Dr. Phil. Is that true at all?

Sherrill: Monday.

Casey: Monday.

Reporter: Monday you're on Dr. Phil?

Reporter: Will you be there, as well?

Sherrill: That's projected. They called yesterday and asked. My secretary is lining it up.

Reporter: What is their subject for the show?

Sherrill: I have no idea. They just- they just tell me where to go.

Reporter: So, you're planning to go on Dr. Phil, though?

Casey: Yeah. We're hoping this will flesh her out.

Sherrill: She could be anywhere in the country and if there is any way to reach her, that's a way to do that.

Reporter: You don't know what the segment is about? They didn't...?

Sherrill: They called us. They evidently picked it up from somewhere and said they were interested in it. Called us yesterday and wanted an exclusive interview. We told them we're doing the local TV stations. They said, "That's fine." And, uh- last I heard, they wanted us- I think we're supposed to fly out tomorrow

it was in Part 6 of the interviews - found here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011

The double negative mentioned up thread a tad: A lot of people in the south that sound less than educated talk the way she does in those cases nothing = anything. Translated from you know what to English it means "We did not do anything like that". The flesh her out comment does give me chills.

Who on here would take a child to someone at Mcdonalds they barely know? No one I'd hope. I do however believe that woman would. Not to say I believe her, but I do believe she would do that. I also believe she's capable of giving a child away and not caring, but I tend to lean towards them selling poor sweet Erica.

Shirley B Parsons could be Brooke right? A lot of people in the south (My father, my daughter, and I included) go by their middle name instead of their first.

The information about the son being bipolar comes from Casey. How do we know it's true? Frankly, I question anything she says at this point.

For years I've heard the word "Bipolar" and never knew exactly what it was. But back in 2005 I got a first hand experience when my daughter (who lived next door to me at the time) took in a 20 year old boarder who was Bipolar and under State Aid. He was a good size young man, 6', around 220lbs.

This young man had hair trigger tantrums, door slamming, foot stomping, things getting thrown around the house, windows broke, and he was paranoid and kept insisting there were people looking in the windows. God forbid if he caught anybody whispering as he accused them of talking about him. Every month he went for his medications and we would wonder what he would be like if he wasn't taking medications!! Then my daughter discovered his medications hidden under his bed. He wasn't taking any of them.

The alternative was telling him that he either had to start taking his meds or my daughter was going to contact his case worker. He refused, so the case worker removed him from my daughter's house. He was there 6 months.

So I asked myself why Casey would leave her BiPolar son to babysit the younger children when she was in the hospital and the father working if he was so bad and abused the younger siblings? And was he medication?

After listening to all the 6 videos of the interview, it's clear that Casey is putting all the blame on the son, "he was such a bad egg, and was bipolar, went into rages, hurt the younger children, he's out for revenge, blablabla," but the bottom line is that it was Casey and Sandy Parsons' decision, for whatever reason, to removed Erica from the home, and not report that she was no longer living in the home, not have any clue where she was, no address, no phone numbers, they didn't even visit her wherever she was, AND yet continuing to collect the State Aid as though she was there.

Bottom line, IMO, is that they didn't give a rats azz about Erica or where she was, just as long as she wasn't in their house anymore. What they did care about was the MONEY, in my opinion.

NONE of that is the son's fault. Yes, he's probably angry at Casey and Sandy because he apparently had suspicions. We haven't heard all of his side of the story. But there had to be something going on for a very long time for the son to be so angry to finally report on his parents that something wasn't right about Erica being gone.

And last but not least, I also have some suspicions about the BIO mother. I'm not a hundred percent that she's walking a clean slate. Considering she was a relative by marriage, and even went on to have other children, and even searched out to find her own bio parents, yet she never questioned where Erica was for two years?

ACR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member