NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCNC-TV News at Noon:

Tony Burbeck reporting: CP and SP had the electricity turned off. The senior Parsons (SP's father) had the electricity turned back on. He turned all the breakers back on this morning and went to work in another room. After 10 minutes he started hearing a popping sound coming from the kitchen. Apparently, the fire started in the wall behind the microwave. Extensive damage to the kitchen, and light smoke damage to the rest of the house. Interestingly, the senior Parsons had just renewed/reinstated the homeowners' insurance last week.

Why would CP and SP leave a microwave that was in working order?
They took the stove and they took everything else? I still feel this was left to happen on purpose.

He said it BEFORE the fire and resulting smoke damage

Oh... I know when I looked at the picture of the kitchen after they left it there were wires pulled out and laying around. And the boarded up window, was that in the kitchen? I just tried to find that picture of the kitchen after they left and can't find it. Help?

I still feel this was left to happen on purpose.
It didn't work. Minimal damage. This has Parsonses written all over it

Wonder if it was meant to burn the house down or just for spite work or to hide evidence?

Why would CP and SP leave a microwave that was in working order?
They took the stove and they took everything else? I still feel this was left to happen on purpose.

I just happen to have a screen capture of that microwave from one of the Parsons media house tours. :)

acr-00905-CaseyHouseTour092413_zps7f49222a.jpg

They probably didn't take because it was built in, possibly was there when they moved it.

This screen capture below was from the last photo shoot of the house AFTER the Parsons moved out and Senior Parsons (Wm and wife) were cleaning up.

acr-01119-215MillerChapel100613_zpse9572f77.jpg

You can see the microwave in the background in the kitchen, built in. This is the only photo that included a view of the kitchen from that last photo shoot.

The house had been listed for sale. Didn't the listing say the kitchen had been redone? Would someone direct me to the listing?

The house had been listed for sale. Didn't the listing say the kitchen had been redone? Would someone direct me to the listing?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/4070714309.html

House for sale by owner. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, den, huge building in back that can be used as another house almost. It's huge. Huge front yard and fenced back yard. Needing a quick sale. Valued at $120,000 and will sale for $75,000. Brand new well just install March 2013. New central air/heat pump installed 18 months ago, new carpet, $500 kitchen flooring, custom wood cabinets.
Everything is completely redone
."

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/4070714309.html

House for sale by owner. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, den, huge building in back that can be used as another house almost. It's huge. Huge front yard and fenced back yard. Needing a quick sale. Valued at $120,000 and will sale for $75,000. Brand new well just install March 2013. New central air/heat pump installed 18 months ago, new carpet, $500 kitchen flooring, custom wood cabinets.
Everything is completely redone
."

That's what I thought. Now I wonder if "everything completely redone" includes wiring that maybe wasn't done by a licensed electrician.

What's weird about this is..
The Parson's SP and CP had the power turned off. Then after they turned the house over to the owners and when he turns the power back on the microwave blows and starts a fire. I find it really suspect. But are they smart enough to rig something up to cause a problem? What's the motive? just out of spite? Even if it was to distract from the fact they are leaving town..I just don't think, they would have to have known it would attract attention to them, not away because they are back in the news again. This whole thing is so crazy.

Why would LE tell CP and SP that Carolyn isn't telling everything??
I thought Carolyn did a LD. You know if she wouldn't of passed it LE would be on her tail.
There attorney isn't going to say or do anything cause CP is promoting him. Free advertisement for him. JMO

I just happen to have a screen capture of that microwave from one of the Parsons media house tours. :)

acr-00905-CaseyHouseTour092413_zps7f49222a.jpg

They probably didn't take because it was built in, possibly was there when they moved it.

But they took out a window, you can't get more built in than that. I think it was the window there in the kitchen. Nope, if that thing was working right (microwave) they would have taken it. No doubt in my mind. Something is fishy for sure.

:seeya: Thanks for the pictures!

I hope they have an electrician come and check out all the rest of the outlets and wiring. I think it would be just like them to have left something like this on purpose.

Seems the FBI would like to take a look at the microwave (and maybe more?)
>>Youngblood says the FBI and ATF want to examine the microwave since it came from the house agents searched in August while conducting a search warrant looking for clues to Erica's disappearance.<< http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Parsonses-former-Shelby-home-caught-on-fire-227063511.html bottom

Also just thinking out loud here. If the microwave wasn't taken, it may have been known to be faulty. Maybe Sr. didn't know this and the machine went on when power was restored. Popping noises could have been arcing in the micro or in the wall from a short/ground problem. In other ponderings, what is that gawd-awful niche/structure to the right of the bartop/pass through in the photos?! Looks like some random support joist and dead space???

In other ponderings, what is that gawd-awful niche/structure to the right of the bartop/pass through in the photos?! Looks like some random support joist and dead space???

I think might be a computer desk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member