NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that Eve was not in her SUV with them. If she were, wouldn't they also be charged with kidnapping?

I guess that Eve was not in her SUV with them. If she were, wouldn't they also be charged with kidnapping?

I suspect that charge will be forth coming. At some point they had contact with her and at some point they held her against her will.

Wow, I've been following the Duke case for a few months. Abhijit Mahato was an extremely talented young man. Did these two thugs only pick on the best and the brightest? Abhijit Mahato's death has been discussed heavily on the web, especially in India. Also, didn't another poster post something about two violent robberies at Duke this week? Anyways a little more about Abhijit at the below link. They actually killed him in his apartment.

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2008/01/shooting.html

A man identified as a Duke University graduate student was found shot to death at an apartment complex in the 1600 block of Anderson Street, several blocks south of the Duke campus, at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
Friends and colleagues have identified the victim as Abhijit Mahato, 29, a Ph.D. engineering candidate from India, university officials said Saturday afternoon.

If you google Abhijit Mahato, you will find alot of articles about other Indian students that have been murdered or targeted for other crimes. Some out there believe that Indian students are being targeted.

From your link above and in reference to Lovette:

"Separately, he was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny, communicating threats, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile and common law robbery."

Thinking on that charge.

Please tell me he wasn't living in the home where the daycare was. (Although I doubt he was home most of the time. He was probably out all night with the boys and slept during the day.)

From your link above and in reference to Lovette:

"Separately, he was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny, communicating threats, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile and common law robbery."

Thinking on that charge.

Thanks for calling this to my attention as the article was updated from the time I posted it. If you noticed they already have a person named Oates, age 19 in jail for murder and robbery of 18 people including Mahato. This is surely looking like gang activity. I have a feeling the charge for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile is recruiting for gang membership. It certainly appears there was a robbery ring going on and Lovette was part of it. He could be one of the head honchos since he was older.

Thanks for calling this to my attention as the article was updated from the time I posted it. If you noticed they already have a person named Oates, age 19 in jail for murder and robbery of 18 people including Mahato. This is surely looking like gang activity. I have a feeling the charge for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile is recruiting for gang membership. It certainly appears there was a robbery ring going on and Lovette was part of it. He could be one of the head honchos since he was older.

From the sounds of all of this and the rapidity of Durham PD filing these charges, it seems reasonable to figure that Lovette has been on the radar screen for a while, at least in Durham.

You guys are right about this is just the start of a lot more info to come!! I wonder how they made the link to the Duke Grad Student?? Balistics maybe, but don't those tests take awhile??

Thanks again for everyone's information on here...the only place I like to stop and look when it comes to crimes. I tell everyone that if they want to know something first don't wait for the news....come here!!

Yep that is right. Bad things happen to all of us. Nobody is immune to it. Not to mention everybody's dad dies.

I agree. I am getting really tired of people saying that someone had something bad happen in their life, so they just went haywire and committed crimes. Into everyone's life, rain must fall. Bad things happen!

IMO, the only justification for murder is self defense.

You guys are right about this is just the start of a lot more info to come!! I wonder how they made the link to the Duke Grad Student?? Balistics maybe, but don't those tests take awhile??

Thanks again for everyone's information on here...the only place I like to stop and look when it comes to crimes. I tell everyone that if they want to know something first don't wait for the news....come here!!

Probably the guy already in prison ratted for some type of leniency.

I know people have mentioned some myspace pages, but does Lovette have one?? I thought someone posted it but it was taken down or something like that. I can't remember anything anymore

I know people have mentioned some myspace pages, but does Lovette have one?? I thought someone posted it but it was taken down or something like that. I can't remember anything anymore

http://raleigh2.com/default.asp?sou...=&subname=&pform=&sc=2502&hn=raleigh2&he=.com

"One of his friends sent Lovette a picture of a gun, along with a message.

"The trigger has been pulled. Send this to all of your friends that you can honestly say you'd take a bullet for. if your receive it back then they will take one for you too," said a friend calling himself Lil Gudda.

Please tell me he wasn't living in the home where the daycare was. (Although I doubt he was home most of the time. He was probably out all night with the boys and slept during the day.)

Apparently he does live in the home used as a daycare facility.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2569358/

Lawrence Alvin Lovette Jr., 17, of 1213 Shepherd St., was arrested Thursday morning and charged with murder in UNC Student Body President Eve Carson's March 5 death. Authorities also charged him in connection with the January shooting death of Duke student Abhijit Mahato.

I'm so sick of hearing the words...move on, closure, our society has about a 24 hour news cycle attention span (course cause it hasn't happened to them or their family member)...These families have no closure and they don't "move on"...they get up every day and just go thru the motions of life, for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500