NC NC - Fuquay Varina, WhtFem 35-45, 474UFNC, burned alive, may be Canadian, bifocals, Apr'68

I saw a Unipeco pen advertising a radio store in Wisconsin. I haven't put much weight into the locations listed on her possessions. None of the brands she was carrying would be considered obscure.

I saw a Unipeco pen advertising a radio store in Wisconsin. I haven't put much weight into the locations listed on her possessions. None of the brands she was carrying would be considered obscure.
Her brands were considered department store quality. Sold all over the country. Compare with Lancome and Estee Lauder Helena Rubinstein - Wikipedia

Darlene Polizzi​

• darlene_polizzi_1.jpg
  • darlene_polizzi_4.jpg
Polizzi, circa 1967; Raymond Alves, circa 2000
  • Missing Since04/24/1967
  • Missing FromLodi, New Jersey
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth11/07/1947 (74)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA brown blouse, a polka-dotted skirt and a brown suede coat with a fur collar.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown/red hair, brown eyes.

Her brands were considered department store quality. Sold all over the country. Compare with Lancome and Estee Lauder Helena Rubinstein - Wikipedia
I took a look around my home to get an idea of how the items a person has - either at home or on their person - can indicate where they're from.

Imagine an investigator had to narrow down where I'm from or who I am based on the items found in my home. With the exception of identifying documents, only a few things would indicate where I'm from. Most of what I have is not region specific unless you were to check the lot number of something. Food Lion and Harris Teeter brand products would indicate I likely live in a region where both stores can be found. A bottle of bourbon from a Greensboro distillery and a North Carolina Soybean Producer's Association cup would narrow my location down to North Carolina. I found some red herrings though. My key ring is from an RV dealer in Illinois and my prescriptions are filled by a mail-order pharmacy in Everett, Washington. I have some things from Walmart but I've never even been to Arkansas. Point is, an item's listed origin doesn't necessarily indicate where it came from. Even when it does, it doesn't necessarily tell you where the owner of the item is from. Items from a specific place could have been picked up while someone was on the move.

Those are not "cheap cosmetics"
This is important to note. $2 in 1968 is roughly the equivalent of $17 today. She cared about how she looked/presented herself, to include carrying a larger mirror with her.

When I am able, I will dig for info on her case. I began researching it a good 15 years ago and as I recall I may have the RX on the bifocals. If I'm remembering correctly, this info was also shared in some type of Optometry publication (or something similar) in the event anyone recalled recently prescribing. The manufacturer of the pen has also been checked out by LE in the past, noting (as in this thread) nothing of great specificity in distribution, etc.

Does she have a known grave?
This mentions The Doe Network:

"The whereabouts of the decedent's remains are unknown, but investigators have hair and blood samples from the original investigation."

The whereabouts of the body are currently unknown, but there are hair and blood samples with which they could make genetic genealogy to identify the victim.

I've been looking into missing women not on Namus from the West Coast - this is a very off chance, but there's a 50 year old woman named Cynthia Bernice Reed who was kidnapped from Klamath Falls, OR the day before (April 27, 1968) this woman was found. As far as I can tell Cynthia was never found.

1707428647446.png1707428617206.png

Unfortunately I can't find any information on her vital statistics but side by side they look pretty similar.

Supposedly Cynthia's car was found in Redding, CA 10 days after she went missing with blood and hair in the trunk.

It's a long shot (especially with the timeline) but just wanted to mention that here.

I've been looking into missing women not on Namus from the West Coast - this is a very off chance, but there's a 50 year old woman named Cynthia Bernice Reed who was kidnapped from Klamath Falls, OR the day before (April 27, 1968) this woman was found. As far as I can tell Cynthia was never found.

View attachment 481933View attachment 481932

Unfortunately I can't find any information on her vital statistics but side by side they look pretty similar.

Supposedly Cynthia's car was found in Redding, CA 10 days after she went missing with blood and hair in the trunk.

It's a long shot (especially with the timeline) but just wanted to mention that here.
I don't think it's her, tbh, but I feel like we should make a thread about her case.

She's not on any databases but I'll send you the information I have when I get a moment
ETA
Oddly, at the grave site link which shows CBR in a pic. as posted upthread, it indicates that she was buried? imo

Last edited:
ETA
Oddly, at the grave site link which shows CBR in a pic. as posted upthread, it indicates that she was buried? imo

Thank you for making the thread! I will continue discussion there

It looks like the timeline is prohibitive. The decedent was seen in North Carolina late on the 27th, which is the day Cynthia was kidnapped. It's 42 hours to drive from Klamath Falls to North Carolina. Flying might have just made it, but there would have to be a private plane involved to transport the body.

But it might be worth submitting anyway, in case some of the dates are wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back