GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't think so. It's not addressed directly to the children. She doesnt mention their names. Majority of her previous posts were addressed to them and contained their names which was interpreted as attempting contact. It's mentions in the title books we used to read which to me refers to books that adults had read as children. Maybe I'm wrong. Depends on the perspective people look at it really.

I personally wouldn't think so. It's not addressed directly to the children. She doesnt mention their names. Majority of her previous posts were addressed to them and contained their names which was interpreted as attempting contact. It's mentions in the title books we used to read which to me refers to books that adults had read as children. Maybe I'm wrong. Depends on the perspective people look at it really.

Sorry I mean in the content not the title of the article it mentions books we used to read

This is something I've been wondering as well...thanks for mentioning it...could it be that TM is telling the truth?
What I would like to know is the dimensions of the paving sti e/ brick? Perhaps some of the U.S. websleuths familiar with the architecture of similar type housing to Panther Creek could give us the dimensions of a likely stone/ brick? Would it for instance, fit comfortably in the hand of a woman of Mollys size, or would it have to be wielded with two hands? I am struggling to visualize such a weapon. Does anyone have anything (photo / dimensions) which would help me get a sense of the size of this weapon?

Yes im not sure about it either I suppose it's up to the presiding judge . It is an attempt in my opinion but again well done can be disregarded depending on your perception . Very calculating in my opinion

She's cagey. Bit this is directed more at her audience of supporters not the children. Remember the book she is writing is "Molly the victim."

Wait till the autopsy gets wider notice. Molly's going to be like Humpty Dumpty and have a great fall.

In my opinion.

What I would like to know is the dimensions of the paving sti e/ brick? Perhaps some of the U.S. websleuths familiar with the architecture of similar type housing to Panther Creek could give us the dimensions of a likely stone/ brick? Would it for instance, fit comfortably in the hand of a woman of Mollys size, or would it have to be wielded with two hands? I am struggling to visualize such a weapon. Does anyone have anything (photo / dimensions) which would help me get a sense of the size of this weapon?

im not 100% certain but from looking at the google map of the house I thought it was a red brick style landscaping stone for the garden design of the house

https://www.google.ie/maps/place//@...1e1!3m2!1s2Ni8SKwr9YAxw6TX1PHjbQ!2e0?hl=en-ie

https://www.google.com/search?q=lan...iorLAhVV7mMKHUmQAqwQ_AUICCgC&biw=1024&bih=648

Hopefully this link works and you can take your pick...my understanding of the difference between a paver and a regular brick is that the paver is made of concrete and much stronger than traditional bricks you might find on a house...

This is something I've been wondering as well...thanks for mentioning it...could it be that TM is telling the truth?

I dont think Tom knew about the paving stone. It is interesting that notwithstanding the risk of us all unduly influencing each other there seems an overwhelming belief that Molly was the main protagonist in this crime and Tom played a supporting role. Why is that I wonder? Is it because of the facebook campaign and Molly's actions subsequent to the murder, or is it evidence based? I personally think it is because, assuming we dont believe the self defence theory, TM didnt have enough motive to kill as MM did, and with two weapons there were likely to be two assailants. But we really have to ask ourselves, given that TM said he alone did it, and not withstanding that a Grand Jury indicted them both, why do WE think MM is the main protagonist? I dont think we are wrong, but I think it may move our thinking forward if we consider why, predjudices aside, we believe we are so right?

I dont think Tom knew about the paving stone. It is interesting that notwithstanding the risk of us all unduly influencing each other there seems an overwhelming belief that Molly was the main protagonist in this crime and Tom played a supporting role. Why is that I wonder? Is it because of the facebook campaign and Molly's actions subsequent to the murder, or is it evidence based? I personally think it is because, assuming we dont believe the self defence theory, TM didnt have enough motive to kill as MM did, and with two weapons there were likely to be two assailants. But we really have to ask ourselves, given that TM said he alone did it, and not withstanding that a Grand Jury indicted them both, why do WE think MM is the main protagonist? I dont think we are wrong, but I think it may move our thinking forward if we consider why, predjudices aside, we believe we are so right?

Excellent challenge to all if us. Thank you.

I ask myself, who gained from JC's death? Molly is undoubtly the one with most to gain.

Who appears to have a sketchy missing history? Well, Molly claims all these university degrees but we can find no verification.

Who appears to have an obsessive personality? Molly fits that with her crazy FB campaign. TM seems to function in the real world to a reasonable degree.

Finally, there is the bizarre behavior and the lies that became part of the record in the custody suit. Molly appears to be one strange woman.

That's the basis for my opinion that Molly was the protagonist.

Opinion only.

I think it's because to Molly, JC and his children were her whole life and he was threatening her existence...they obviously had a huge fight that night into the morning and I bet they knew exactly how to enrage each other ... I bet it wasn't the first time it was just the first time she was so enraged that she picked up a brick and smashed him in the head with it...I think the tension between them was palpable...and I have to wonder if anyone saw this coming before it happened...I don't think JC had given up on his marriage yet...after all his wedding band was the only thing he was wearing when he died....

I actually have no idea. I paint various scenarios around the most likely dynamics,, I have listened to her tapes and I noticed a familiar grasping type energy in her voice and on some of her Intagram posts.. Her denial of her husband's existance is both worrying and bizarre. I dont know who she is inside but I am guessin' she is high maintenance! Sulky, moody, maybe sarcastic, maybe condescending towards her Irish husband. There were earlier reports which suggested she had re contacted an old boyfriend on facebook and this may have been presented as another reason for the 'divorce dynamic', if that was even real.. I also have a sneaking suspicion there was another attacker in the house that night, a man. I have seen not a screed of evidence to this effect.. I feel there will be surprises ahead. You asked and sorry for waffling.. just my feeble thoughts.. Re Tom, I have no feeling for him at all.. he is like a large block that emanates nothing at all. I have fantasised about his possible membership of arcane and weird and wonderful associations and clubs and I even searched for them but I never found a thing. He has extraordinarily powerful defenses, at a guess

Notice on her FB, she still refers to herself as "married."

I think it's because to Molly, JC and his children were her whole life and he was threatening her existence...they obviously had a huge fight that night into the morning and I bet they knew exactly how to enrage each other ... I bet it wasn't the first time it was just the first time she was so enraged that she picked up a brick and smashed him in the head with it...I think the tension between them was palpable...and I have to wonder if anyone saw this coming before it happened...I don't think JC had given up on his marriage yet...after all his wedding band was the only thing he was wearing when he died....

I agree along the same lines here. I have always asked the question of "why". I try to imagine myself in a scenario of what would make me lose control! They knew each other for eight years, they knew how to push each other's buttons. I firmly believe something was said to push molly over the edge and reach for the brick. It was possibly simmering all evening from the social do. Something as simple as a nasty or smart remark from either of them in company could have triggered it. An argument later on over her comments passed/her spending etc descended into him telling her he was gonna take the children away from her and there was nothing she could do about it as sgw wasnt their mother maybe. In relation to TM, its possible he heard the commotion, he could have heard a thud or bang on the floor/furniture above that alerted him to investigate. If molly had hit him first say in the face and then swung at Jason with the rock and hit him once or twice with it, not hard enough to knock him out, a struggle ensued to disarm her of the rock. It's v possible he was saying " il kill you" out of rage at her at the moment TM entered the room.....then he goes into protective mode and wallops him not realising she has used the rock. If they were struggling with the rock he may have thought Jason was swinging the rock. There has never been a mention that I can find of the rock having blood etc on it only that both were used but the bat being the main weapon. I always believed that TM walked into this scene. My opinion only, I could be proved v wrong in time to come. I don't think the marriage was completely over either, they had issues yes . why have guests over entertaining and jasons brother had literally just left days beforehand having spent a holiday there in which they all visited Washington together. You don't do these things if on the verge of divorce. If there were rows between them when family were staying, they won't speak out of it now as it could play into the DV claims. Plus, I don't think she was a danger as such to the children, obsessed maybe yes, she had nothing else to do all day to occupy her except the children. even though his family may have had concerns he still let her be their sole carer during the day. If he was afriad of her alleged volitile behaviour with them he could have subtely taken steps to reduce her time alone with them like suggest she seek employment outside the home, take up more volunteer work etc, without directly telling her he didn't trust her with them! So many variables however all of the above is my take on things so far!

I don't think it was an organized party as such. I live in a neighborhood like this. On summer evenings, people are out watering their lawns, walking the dogs, watching the kids play. After awhile they might congregate in someone's driveway, patio, or backyard...then someone might bring over some drinks. It's just spontaneous...not a planned party.

Jason is described as being very social. I can see him joining the neighbors, having fun on a summer evening. But Molly was already upset enough to call her parents to make that unexpected visit. And she is NOT described as very social in the articles I've read. I can see Jason ignoring her and her parents and enjoying himself outside. Then giving the kids permission to spend the night with friends.

That might further enrage MM and insult her parents. Remember they had made this unexpected trip for some reason. Police documents say this was highly unusual.

As far as the brother visiting and their trip up to Washington...we don't know how Molly acted on this trip or if having his family visit was another source of tension. Just because they did these things does not mean they were not a source of irritation for her.

Something started in that house that caused her to demand her parents come immediately. And her parents thought it enough of an emergency that they hopped in the car. Something big....

I don't think it was an organized party as such. I live in a neighborhood like this. On summer evenings, people are out watering their lawns, walking the dogs, watching the kids play. After awhile they might congregate in someone's driveway, patio, or backyard...then someone might bring over some drinks. It's just spontaneous...not a planned party.

Jason is described as being very social. I can see him joining the neighbors, having fun on a summer evening. But Molly was already upset enough to call her parents to make that unexpected visit. And she is NOT described as very social in the articles I've read. I can see Jason ignoring her and her parents and enjoying himself outside. Then giving the kids permission to spend the night with friends.

That might further enrage MM and insult her parents. Remember they had made this unexpected trip for some reason. Police documents say this was highly unusual.

As far as the brother visiting and their trip up to Washington...we don't know how Molly acted on this trip or if having his family visit was another source of tension. Just because they did these things does not mean they were not a source of irritation for her.

Something started in that house that caused her to demand her parents come immediately. And her parents thought it enough of an emergency that they hopped in the car. Something big....

Yes I agree re the parents impromptu trip, I wonder what were they originally planning to do that weekend that they cancelled to travel to NC, and what time they arrived at. Who did the police speak to that said it would be unusual for TM to change his plans? A lot of questions around their role in this to be answered esp SM. One thought I had on Sharon was if she were someone who took sleeping pills at night, she could have been out cold when all this kicked off and only awoke when the noise of the Emergency services sirens etc arrived outside. It's the only thing I can come up with so far that could tie in with her seemingly limited involvement.

Just reading your post again, I had a few thoughts.. We do not actually know that TM had less motive, do we?
Remember Jason transferred $80,000 to his a/c before the marriage. Is it not within the realm of possibility that Jason could have requested a return of the money?
Jason had spent long periods of time with that family, holidays, probababy lots of visits etc. Its likely and possible he knew many of the family secrets and its possible he 'knew too much' about TM's counter intelligence work as well.
There may well be other darkness there and Jason knew and perhaps it repelled him..
could the phonecall not just as easily been along the lines of 'Pops, jason is leaving me next week so if you want to have that chat with him, you need to do it this weekend'
we simply do not know.. I doubt the violence was pre-meditated and I doubt the murder was planned or they would have done it much differently.
Its quite possible he was indeed the chief perp.

I'm responding to what fido said...he could have walked into the room believing that JC was harming his daughter and then struck him with the bat not realizing that MM had mortally wounded him with the stone...I don't think they have been charged with conspiracy...

I was "walking" through this scenario the other day, and it doesn't make sense - you're a parent staying over with your daughter and son in law. You know there is tension although after some discussion (heated or cautious) you all go to bed. So far, it's plausible. During the night, you hear your daughter screaming for you. Would you pick up a bat or any kind of weapon as you run out of your room? It seems more plausible to me that you would just run to her without a weapon if you thought this was "just" an argument, but it's the sort of thing everyone would do differently (no correct answer). You run to her room and she's being strangled by her husband - your instinct is to hit him with a weapon (again, everyone reacts differently but surely most people in a domestic situation would enter unarmed and then pick up the nearest available object) but if your daughter was in danger of her life, wouldn't you want to stop and check that she's okay? The assailant is down anyway - or if he's just had a shock from you entering and whacking him, it's enough to break the danger that he would keep on choking her. So why would Tom ignore his injured daughter? A woman in the throes of being strangled would be a horrific sight with unnatural breathing, facial discoloration and distended features. Even once he let go over her, she wasn't completely safe. She could have trouble breathing, she might be choking or lapsing into unconsciousness. Surely you would stop to monitor her breathing and talk to her to help her calm down. Yet we are supposed to believe that while his beloved daughter was gasping and spluttering from this assault, Tom just kept swinging over and over into the assailant. This was his way of protecting her?

ETA: I continued reading through the posts after I wrote this and I saw the speculation about whether Tom didn't know about the stone - yes it's more likely that Tom came in swinging if he saw Molly covered in blood while Jason was struggling with her. Tom would have thought it was Molly's blood. So the two of them fight Jason together then the fog clears and Tom realizes to his horror that Molly isn't injured at all. It was all Jason's blood.
Tom would have been more likely to keep fighting if he was caught up by Molly's frenzy. "We" have to do this together.

What I keep coming back to...is my doubt that either one of the weapons was in the interior of the house. Someone had to run to the garage and/or run outside to get them.

Even if somehow the bat had not been put away properly that night, it would not have been in either the guest bedroom or the master bedroom.

So if TM hears his daughter screaming, does it make sense that he takes time to run around first and get weapons?

He tried to cover this by lying that the bat was a gift. Why? Because his story is dependent on him reacting to an emergency. But the gathering of weapons shows he did not react to the "scene" of his daughter being choked and grab something handy to defend her.

No, he took time to arm himself first. To gather weapons BEFORE running to the room.

Who does that? Molly could have been choked to death while he was running around gathering weapons.

I still believe it was Molly who collected the weapons and hit Jason first while he was sleeping.

Something else that I'm curious about - I'm fairly sure Molly has siblings, and I assume/ speculate that they are accustomed to her being a high maintenance member of the family, demanding more than her fair share of attention from the parents. Siblings are typically more clear-sighted and less tolerant than indulgent parents... so I wonder how they feel about Molly entangling their father in this situation? He WILL GO TO JAIL. Even if they didn't think so on the first day, it must be dawning on them that this is inevitable... Tom Martens is doing jail time for this.
They will lose their father, their own children will lose their grandfather and their mother will lose her life partner and probably have a huge blow to her comfortable lifestyle. And why? Because Molly had a violent tantrum about her husband leaving her. The Earnest family are related to Molly's mother - maybe Mike Earnest doesn't care much more about Tom than he cared about Jason, but it's extraordinary that none of Tom's other children or any other family members are bothered that he was prepared to completely shelter Molly from the consequences of her own violent behavior. The man is a complete puppet. [In my opinion!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther