GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what it's looking like to me?...that Molly set up this whole damsel in distress scenario in which she provoked Jason into choking her with her father nearby so he would save her...calculating indeed...IMO...
I just don't think that Tom would have the sort of rage toward Jason that was displayed in this attach. This was sheer all sense out the window rage. What provoked that sort of rage? Molly is the only one who knows.

I just don't think that Tom would have the sort of rage toward Jason that was displayed in this attach. This was sheer all sense out the window rage. What provoked that sort of rage? Molly is the only one who knows.
None of us think he would but does that not indicate we are holding a prejudiced view?
For all we know he could be a raging psychopath. We have no evidence at all he had any kind of angelic status..
But, Tom is a highly trained federal agent and is well versed in the art of presenting exactly what he chooses to present to the world.
But I agree with you, just never sure there wasn't a third person there as well..

I agree about the rage...Molly is the only one who can account for it....that's what's bothering me...

MM's Facebook account seems to me to have a calculated aspect to it. Every thing prior to the murder is deleted. Now why? If MM is telling the truth, why can't we follow her life with Jason as she wrote it?

Many of her posts contain pictures with the children from the past? Why can't we know what she actually said as those pictures were first posted? There is not a single positive reference to Jason. Not one. Did he take ANY of these pictures...or did she have paparazzi following the family everywhere she went?

She appears to be quite the sermonizer, telling the children to remember the lessons she taught them...and, yes, to be KIND.

What lesson did she convey in that autopsy report about how to deal with family problems? I could write a book on the hypocrisy on that FB as it currently exists...and I hope as we approach trial that the public takes a very close look.

My opinion only.

I think the problem for Molly is that, certainly at the beginning, she relied heavily on the happy home life they all had together as a family in the US - http://www.thejournal.ie/molly-martens-corbett-children-2301841-Aug2015/ Her posts were filled with pictures from Jason's FB account to indicate that this was the life he had chosen for them all, how happy they all were. Her father referenced his many times golfing with Jason and how great their family life in the US was. It was in the beginning, when only custody was an issue and they chose to put forward the defense that Molly should retain custody of the children because that is what Jason chose for them.

It was only once details began to emerge of the violence that occurred on that night that the posts began to change, you can see the progression as time wore on and more decisions go against her, the level of thinly veiled anger increases consistently. Whether one could argue that this could also be true of an innocent who feels they are being perpetually wronged is another matter, but my point is simply that her very first posts indicate how willing the Martens were to manipulate the truth in order to achieve their goal from the beginning. They could have chosen to keep the whole affair private, but instead, given the knowledge they had of the level of violence inflicted that night, they chose to push their agenda from the very first moment of what 'fine people' they are in order to get what they wanted.

I think the problem for Molly is that, certainly at the beginning, she relied heavily on the happy home life they all had together as a family in the US - http://www.thejournal.ie/molly-martens-corbett-children-2301841-Aug2015/ Her posts were filled with pictures from Jason's FB account to indicate that this was the life he had chosen for them all, how happy they all were. Her father referenced his many times golfing with Jason and how great their family life in the US was. It was in the beginning, when only custody was an issue and they chose to put forward the defense that Molly should retain custody of the children because that is what Jason chose for them.

It was only once details began to emerge of the violence that occurred on that night that the posts began to change, you can see the progression as time wore on and more decisions go against her, the level of thinly veiled anger increases consistently. Whether one could argue that this could also be true of an innocent who feels they are being perpetually wronged is another matter, but my point is simply that her very first posts indicate how willing the Martens were to manipulate the truth in order to achieve their goal from the beginning. They could have chosen to keep the whole affair private, but instead, given the knowledge they had of the level of violence inflicted that night, they chose to push their agenda from the very first moment of what 'fine people' they are in order to get what they wanted.

Excellent post. I have not read earlier post, but find your theory to be accurate. I do not believe a change in venue, MM Facebook campaign, or her few supports will ever be able to discredit the truth in the autopsy.

I agree . We haven't learned much about Toms part in this. My observation of Tom from the beginning is calm, collected very much controlled. From the 911 call to the court appearances you wouldn't be able to tell how is feeling . Maybe that is because of his job or maybe is just the person that he is. There was nothing controlled about Jasons murder from what we have seen in the autopsy....

IMO TM did not hit Jason even once. My theory is that Jason and MM were arguing the night he died. MM alerts her parents and they decide to go to NC to support their daughter. The children are picked up, and all parties, retire to bed. MM still very angry and out of control wakes Jason and a fight begins again. In those moments she beats him to death. She then goes to her parents and tells them that she pushed Jason and he died. They then begin to plan. The plan is to protect Molly, each is given a job. I believe SM was to take care of the children and call Jason's family. Sharon then probably goes to move the children and wait. Tom and Molly head upstairs to the crime scene. Tom with is FBI back ground knows immediately that no one will believe Jason was only "pushed". Molly becomes upset, Tom needs to think quickly. He decides to protect his daughter. With limited knowledge of the true attack he states he hit Jason with a baseball bat. He is not aware of Jason's true injuries or the extent Molly beat him. He is unaware of the rock. LE is called the house is busy. People coming and going. Sharon is never updated. She calles the Corbetts with the "push" story. Tom is concerned Molly will be charged, they rush custody, they rush to have Jason's body cremated.

IMO TM did not hit Jason even once. My theory is that Jason and MM were arguing the night he died. MM alerts her parents and they decide to go to NC to support their daughter. The children are picked up, and all parties, retire to bed. MM still very angry and out of control wakes Jason and a fight begins again. In those moments she beats him to death. She then goes to her parents and tells them that she pushed Jason and he died. They then begin to plan. The plan is to protect Molly, each is given a job. I believe SM was to take care of the children and call Jason's family. Sharon then probably goes to move the children and wait. Tom and Molly head upstairs to the crime scene. Tom with is FBI back ground knows immediately that no one will believe Jason was only "pushed". Molly becomes upset, Tom needs to think quickly. He decides to protect his daughter. With limited knowledge of the true attack he states he hit Jason with a baseball bat. He is not aware of Jason's true injuries or the extent Molly beat him. He is unaware of the rock. LE is called the house is busy. People coming and going. Sharon is never updated. She calles the Corbetts with the "push" story. Tom is concerned Molly will be charged, they rush custody, they rush to have Jason's body cremated.
This makes sense. However she did not call the corbetts for 10 full hours so there was plenty of time to update her. i assume the police interviewed her, I hope they did but I have seen nothing in print media to confirm whether they did or not!
His body was autopsied approximately 7 hours post ASSUMED time of death.
The rush to cremate might be suggestive of a desire on their part to avoid a second autopsy, an independent autopsy. (frequently in murder cases a 2nd autopsy is carried out by the victim's family)
I have not seen reports of whether this was the case in this murder.
The fact that they actually tried to plan it before his relatives viewed his body and said their goodbyes strikes me as being sinister.
They did not include his family in their preparations.
Cruel and heartless.

This makes sense. However she did not call the corbetts for 10 full hours so there was plenty of time to update her. i assume the police interviewed her, I hope they did but I have seen nothing in print media to confirm whether they did or not!
His body was autopsied approximately 7 hours post ASSUMED time of death.
The rush to cremate might be suggestive of a desire on their part to avoid a second autopsy, an independent autopsy. (frequently in murder cases a 2nd autopsy is carried out by the victim's family)
I have not seen reports of whether this was the case in this murder.
The fact that they actually tried to plan it before his relatives viewed his body and said their goodbyes strikes me as being sinister.
They did not include his family in their preparations.
Cruel and heartless.

IMO 10 hours can be reasoned. She would have more than likely been in charge of the children. A could see a time line, of trying to keep the children away from the murder scene, LE, emergeny staff, and any other individual at the house that night. I believe the house was full of people most of the morning. Once things settled down she called the Corbetts. The Martens were trying to hide what really happened. I dont see them discussing it in front of the children. I picture from the time of Jason's death until late Sunday afternoon as crazy.

IMO Tom broke the horrible news to his wife. They went into survival mode for Molly. They continue to do everything to protect her. They are guilty of covering up Jason's horrible murder. I do not think either lead a hand on Jason. That beating was all Molly. It is all sickening to me.

Judge Mark Klass has ruled a stay in the case of the property. All proceeds of a life assurance policy amounting to $600,000 must be place in the care of Davidson County and the car must also be sold & proceeds deposited with the County. Effectively, what I can gather from this, is that the original order still stands apart from the physical returning of the tangible property. The appeal by MM is therefore put on the longfinger, until the outcome of the trial I suspect.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20160412/NEWS/160419934&tc=email_newsletter?tc=ar

Judge Mark Klass has ruled a stay in the case of the property. All proceeds of a life assurance policy amounting to $600,000 must be place in the care of Davidson County and the car must also be sold & proceeds deposited with the County. Effectively, what I can gather from this, is that the original order still stands apart from the physical returning of the tangible property. The appeal by MM is therefore put on the longfinger, until the outcome of the trial I suspect.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20160412/NEWS/160419934&tc=email_newsletter?tc=ar

Klass’ decision to stay essentially means that Davidson County Clerk of Superior Court Brian Shipwash’s order not be enforced at this time, Holton said. The motion to stay surrounds an appeal to Shipwash’s order. There is no court date set for the appeal.
not so good

Klass’ decision to stay essentially means that Davidson County Clerk of Superior Court Brian Shipwash’s order not be enforced at this time, Holton said. The motion to stay surrounds an appeal to Shipwash’s order. There is no court date set for the appeal.
not so good

Not too sure on that Kitty, that comment came from MM lawyers. The order as far as I can see is partially being enforced albeit by a separate judgement, this Judge has ordered for the proceeds of the insurance policy to be transferred to the County and also that the car must be sold. Presumably the proceeds of the insurance was held by either MM or her lawyers up until this judgement.

Not too sure on that Kitty, that comment came from MM lawyers. The order as far as I can see is partially being enforced albeit by a separate judgement, this Judge has ordered for the proceeds of the insurance policy to be transferred to the County and also that the car must be sold. Presumably the proceeds of the insurance was held by either MM or her lawyers up until this judgement.

But is it not down to whether she violated the order or not/?
why is that not a black and white answer?

But is it not down to whether she violated the order or not/?
why is that not a black and white answer?

I don't know, by the sound of this report and bear in mind that this is the only article that has been produced on this so far today, it looks like they are holding any appeals until after the trial as the outcome of the murder trial would make it black or white. But at least the proceeds of the insurance policy can be protected until such trial is decided upon. Also the car which MM took is now to be sold and proceeds held by the County.

Judge imo is trying somehow to stop any more tit for tat argument. But remains to be seen as to what is being decided about the actual tangible property she took from the premises.

Is it normal for insurance to pay out before the trial in a case like this? I would have thought the opposite.

Is it normal for insurance to pay out before the trial in a case like this? I would have thought the opposite.
I dont know. Remember she removed substantial sums from the joint bank accounts as well, I would have thought she should NOT have been permitted to do that. I thought the accounts would be automatically frozen as Slayer Statute is a state law?

Usually, if a claim/objection has been placed with an insurance company stating that the proceeds might be challenged pending the outcome of a trial, then the insurance company could make arrangements to put the proceeds into a trust account pending the outcome of a trial. If, however, they do not receive any such notification, the proceeds would just be paid out to the beneficiaries following production of death certificate, proof of beneficiary, admittance of age in the form of birth certs, etc unless there was a clause within the terms & conditions prohibiting claims to be paid in certain events. The decision to pay out would have been made by the insurance company when the claim was made and based on the information provided to them at the time.

However, in saying all that, the death certificated would have stated that the cause of death was homicide so I suspect that the insurance company would have looked into this for the purpose of payment. I am bearing in mind here that MM was not actually charged with murder till much later in the year & it was TM who initially said that "he did it".

Usually, if a claim/objection has been placed with an insurance company stating that the proceeds might be challenged pending the outcome of a trial, then the insurance company could make arrangements to put the proceeds into a trust account pending the outcome of a trial. If, however, they do not receive any such notification, the proceeds would just be paid out to the beneficiaries following production of death certificate, proof of beneficiary, admittance of age in the form of birth certs, etc unless there was a clause within the terms & conditions prohibiting claims to be paid in certain events. The decision to pay out would have been made by the insurance company when the claim was made and based on the information provided to them at the time.

However, in saying all that, the death certificated would have stated that the cause of death was homicide so I suspect that the insurance company would have looked into this for the purpose of payment. I am bearing in mind here that MM was not actually charged with murder till much later in the year & it was TM who initially said that "he did it".
And Uncle Mike has claimed he was in contact with the insurance companies in the morning following the death, not sure whether that was sunday morning late, or monday morning when he was accused of having phoned jason's office. If he submitted fraudulent information to the insurance company and they paid on the basis of that... ?

And Uncle Mike has claimed he was in contact with the insurance companies in the morning following the death, not sure whether that was sunday morning late, or monday morning when he was accused of having phoned jason's office. If he submitted fraudulent information to the insurance company and they paid on the basis of that... ?

All really depends on what was actually submitted to the insurance company. They will not pay out until they actually receive a death certificate and confirm the identity of the beneficiary who was previously named on the policy. I suspect he was putting them on notice when he contacted them, telling them that would be a claim thus speeding up the process. The cause of death will always be viewed by the insurance company to ensure that this does not void the policy. I would suspect that payment was made rather speedily before any lawyers could have placed a stay on the policy, and could they even rightly put a stay on the policy, MM was not charged until January of this year. Maybe the insurance company did actually pay this out in the form of trust held by MM lawyers. Insurance companies don't like holding on to money for life assurance when it is legally due to be paid, they want it off their backs.

I think this is good news . She will no longer be able to use the money. Its actually nearly unbelievable they paid out. I know that Tom said he was the one that hit Jason but it would still be classed as homicide and should have been investigated into before paying out. Unless they contacted police they wouldn't have known Tom admitted to it and I'm sure they would have also mentioned that his wife was also a person interest in the case. This has always puzzled me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon