NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for the lamp, too. But, why would they just get the lamp assembly? Why not the whole lamp?

Good question.

I thought he might have done electrical work in the house and his prints/DNA would be on that. But it still does not make any sense to only take the assembly. JMO

I so hope he hit her first, making her unconscious, before the rest of it...

What a tragedy for everyone...her family, his family...Such a waste...and, for what?????

I'm going for the lamp, too. But, why would they just get the lamp assembly? Why not the whole lamp?

IDK, but I'm thinking maybe the "power switch assembly" held the light bulb and, if shattered by the force of the impact, the bulb might have caused some of KT's bleeding. Just a thought

I just read the latest WRAL news report. They are still claiming that he is married and sort of make it sound like they broke that news. They say there is no comment from his father. I wonder if the wife showed up or just his father for the appearances.

IDK, but I'm thinking maybe the "power switch assembly" held the light bulb and, if shattered by the force of the impact, the bulb might have caused some of KT's bleeding. Just a thought

REF the power swith assembly. My research on Meth and tools to use meth says that one method is to use a light bulb. I don't know exactly how they do it, but it is a popular method. I'll try to find the link I saw.

Perhaps they were trying to get prints or DNA off of it if he handled it to remove the light bulb so he could do Meth with it.

http://www.mappsd.org/Meth Paraphernalia.htm

Maybe it was a big/tall floor lamp and RPD just decided to take the assembly, instead of the whole thing? It'd be hard to kill someone with a floor lamp, but it may provide evidence (fingerprints) he was there.

Just thinking back on the Nancy Cooper case where there was so much speculation about what was taken out of the house.

Maybe the lamp shattered on her head?
I can see a lamp 'base' with a rod ending with a 'switch assembly'...get the picture?

TableLamp_96dpi.gif

I just read the latest WRAL news report. They are still claiming that he is married and sort of make it sound like they broke that news. They say there is no comment from his father. I wonder if the wife showed up or just his father for the appearances.

"Williford, who WRAL learned Saturday is married"

Interesting the N&O reported the neighbors said he and his girlfriend lived together. The media identified and spoke to his father, Michael Williford.
Why not identify and try to speak to the "wife"?

Maybe the lamp shattered on her head?
I can see a lamp 'base' with a rod ending with a 'switch assembly'...get the picture?

TableLamp_96dpi.gif

Sure...your basic lamp. Or there was a struggle and light bulb broke? Or lamp was knocked off stand? Still, why take just the assembly?

If she was asleep she probably had the light turned off. Would he be so brazen as to come in and turn the light on?

diphi, if the ceramic portion of the lamp is shattered, the base, pipe and switch assembly are left. BTW, that lamp base can do a lot of damage.

diphi, if the ceramic portion of the lamp is shattered, the base, pipe and switch assembly are left. BTW, that lamp base can do a lot of damage.

Ahhh...ok, I see now. I agree the lamp base can do some serious damage - for some reason I just hadn't thought about the lamp being so broken that the only thing left, essentially, is the assembly.

Ahhh...ok, I see now. I agree the lamp base can do some serious damage - for some reason I just hadn't thought about the lamp being so broken that the only thing left, essentially, is the assembly.

But wouldn't DH have seen a shattered lamp and noted that in the 911 call? And then would have suspected an assault before the hospital?

But wouldn't DH have seen a shattered lamp and noted that in the 911 call? And then would have suspected an assault before the hospital?

Who knows? Perhaps she was so concerned for KT that the lamp issue just didn't bubble up to the top for conversation.

Perhaps JW does live with his girlfriend but also is married?

Interesting: some of the lyrics from: "Skin of My Teeth" ....runnin' out of places to hide, secret that I won't tell, just another pretty face, look so out of place with all your fancy clothes, beauty never shows, wonder about all the little pieces of the past grass is greener but it will always fade away so fast...

Attachments

• jasonblk.jpg
    jasonblk.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
We've been led to believe there was no forced entry and that nothing was out of place. Yet, here we are discussing a broken lamp. Are we heading down the wrong path or were we misled?

If anyone has a grasp on the time line of events, please let me know.

I believe LE said he killed her on March 6 (after midnight) and DH said she went to bed at 3. Everything else has gaps.

TIA

We've been led to believe there was no forced entry and that nothing was out of place. Yet, here we are discussing a broken lamp. Are we heading down the wrong path or were we misled?

D supposedly was quoted that she locked the door for the first time after hearing the noise.
Not sure we ever heard anything about the condition of the room, other than there "blood everywhere". Not sure a broken lamp on the floor would automatically scream 'assault'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74