NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a grasp on the time line of events, please let me know.

I believe LE said he killed her on March 6 (after midnight) and DH said she went to bed at 3. Everything else has gaps.

TIA

Reporters tried to get a time estimate of the time of the attack from LE at the PR on Saturday. He refused to go there. They really pressed it and he would only say it happened before the 9:30 911 call. He wouldn't say that it was around 3:00 a.m. only that it was sometime earlier that the 911 call. It was obvious LE doesn't want to get boxed in on time. I believe the reason is the events and time already released.

How did JW know there would be a woman inside to rape. Had he been watching KT before the attack?

If he didn't know that ... why did he break in and not take anything?

Did DH arrive home, go directly to the couch to lay down and he missed seeing her? Was she on the couch the whole time and the rumors about her being at GG are false?

But wouldn't DH have seen a shattered lamp and noted that in the 911 call? And then would have suspected an assault before the hospital?

Evidently it wasn't apparent by DH and EMS that the room was a crime scene until the physician discovered the sexual assualt at the hospital.

D supposedly was quoted that she locked the door for the first time after hearing the noise.
Not sure we ever heard anything about the condition of the room, other than there "blood everywhere". Not sure a broken lamp on the floor would automatically scream 'assault'?

Was this around 3 a.m.? When she went upstairs?

TIA

And then closer to 9:30 she heard footsteps?

Or were the footsteps the noise she heard?

I'm trying to figure out how long JW might have been there and how she could have been moving around (going upstairs) and he did not hear her. He must have been in the house before she locked the door, but was he gone too by then?

Or did he find the door locked when he left and she found it unlocked when she went to unlock it for the EMS?

:waitasec:

How did JW know there would be a woman inside to rape. Had he been watching KT before the attack?

If he didn't know that ... why did he break in and not take anything?

Did DH arrive home, go directly to the couch to lay down and he missed seeing her? Was she on the couch the whole time and the rumors about her being at GG are false?

I think, he might have seen the pair as they were coming home from the surgery and DH was helping KT into the house. He could have decided it looked like an easy target.

Also, I don't think that it has been said that nothing was taken. We haven't heard about her RX meds - they are "missing" from the SW. I bet he took something. It's just really weird otherwise. They probably found whatever he took in his apartment or car. Of course, I could be wrong.

Evidently it wasn't apparent by DH and EMS that the room was a crime scene until the physician discovered the sexual assualt at the hospital.

after who suggested that it may have happened? and she may have seen someone?

I know this may be wild, but it could explain why she heard something while she was on the couch at 3:00, woke up, went outside, didn't see anything so she went up to bed. The next morning, before 9:30 a.m. she hears footsteps and then finds KT injured. What if the intruder came into the house at 3:00 and hid in the master bedroom with KT. He had drugs on him, that's where the plastic baggie corners came from. He took the light bulb from the lamp in order to smoke the Meth with. (See my previous post on smoking Meth with a light bulb)

He stayed in the master bedroom all night and left around 9:30 a.m. and that's when D heard the footsteps. I know it's far fetched, but it could explain D's account.

prancy, nothing is too farfetched in this case. mark my words, it will be the nc murder of this century. i'm betting that only the surface has been scratched here.

That makes sense ... him seeing them enter together (and probably DH's car was there) but when he attacked KT, her car was not, so he thought KT was there alone.

I wonder if more time passed between her hearing the footsteps and her getting up than she thought had.

I know that would happen to me -- my husband would leave the house before 6 a.m. for work, and I'd say goodbye and think that about 20 minutes had passed, go to get out of bed and see that 45 minutes had gone by ... I'd dozed off again.

Still, no one has said why JW was not charged with burglary/B&E. Is it possible he was let into the house by DH at some point in the evening and that just hasn't been revealed yet? I find it very strange that this was not one of the charges.

It also seemed that the Chief was a little hesitant in his answers when asked about DH in the press conference.

That makes sense ... him seeing them enter together (and probably DH's car was there) but when he attacked KT, her car was not, so he thought KT was there alone.

But if he thought KT was there alone, why would he have kept things quiet? Why not explore the entire house to search for valuables? Does that mean he left the next morning after having a bowl of cereal? Was D mistaken? Was there a noise at 3:00 and then footsteps around 9:30?

Was this around 3 a.m.? When she went upstairs?

TIA

And then closer to 9:30 she heard footsteps?

Or were the footsteps the noise she heard?

I'm trying to figure out how long JW might have been there and how she could have been moving around (going upstairs) and he did not hear her. He must have been in the house before she locked the door, but was he gone too by then?

Or did he find the door locked when he left and she found it unlocked when she went to unlock it for the EMS?

:waitasec:

Noway, there were posts on this yesterday.
D did no state she heard the footsteps right before she called 911.

If she heard something at 3, locked the door and went upstairs, what she heard must have been him.

When she heard footsteps, probably thought it was Kathy, got up and went in the master bedroom, found Kathy and called 911.

When then, did she see someone on the stairs? Or was it more that she heard someone (footsteps)?

Noway, there were posts on this yesterday.
D did no state she heard the footsteps right before she called 911.

So ... she heard footsteps and does nothing?

Or was it heard footsteps at 3, listened in on Kathy and heard snoring and went up to bed?

Trying to place people in this house during the time of the attack is proving difficult with what I know.

ETA
The way it was reported made it sound as if DH heard footsteps, got up to investigate, found her sister and called 911. I made a comment on that a few days ago.

prancy, nothing is too farfetched in this case. mark my words, it will be the nc murder of this century. i'm betting that only the surface has been scratched here.

NC murder of the century :waitasec:
Personally, I don't necessarily think he even tried to kill her.

I think it was a burglary that suddenly turned into an opportunistic violent rape.

The sister of state Board of Education member Kathy A. Taft says she heard footsteps and believes somebody was in the house just before she found Taft badly injured in her bed on March 6.
"But I didn't know that house," Dina Holton, 56, told WCTI-TV in New Bern this week. "I'd never stayed in that house before, and then I found her and that's when I called 911."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04...otsteps.html?storylink=misearch#ixzz0lVeFodNl

JTF, what info do you have that says otherwise? TIA

I think we discussed it earlier that Just the Fax believes the media has misunderstood D's report of when she heard footsteps. This is possible. Here's one link, see para 7. It appears other places too. I think she says it in her own words, I'll have to find that link.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7413797/

If she locked the door at 3, and there was no sign of a break-in, she must have locked JW in with them.

She goes up to bed and JW is in with Kathy.

She hears footsteps, finds Kathy and calls 911 at 9:31 a.m.

So ... he was in the house the whole time? Ewww.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22