NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge of burglary is a felony in the state of North Carolina!

Burglary is committed when an individual enters a premise with the intention of committing a felony!!!!!

Felony assualt, Rape, and Murder are felonies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore a burglary was also committed. Why was he not charged with it is my question?

hannie, JW was already convicted of both misdemeanor B&E and felony B&E.

JTF...hear me out. If an individual enters a premise and commits a felony...ANY FELONY - that person is guilty of felony burglary. JW entered the home and committed multiple felonies. this was also a burglary. Unless of course he was let into the house.

Does he have any rapes or attempted rapes in his background?

It seems odd to me that someone would break in with the idea of robbing the house and instead rape and kill instead.

Maybe my problem is trying to understand the actions of a wackadoo.

http://www.reflector.com/news/tafts-daughter-attend-arraignment-31975

A few interesting tidbits in this new article on the Greenville newspaper website. Some things I'm sure we'll want to discuss.

Fuqua said during the last six weeks she knows there’s been speculation about where her aunt was the night of the attack, including a persistent rumor that Holton was out of the house at a bar.
Fuqua said her aunt told her she was at the house and believes her. Her aunt is not the type of person who would go to a restaurant or bar alone. She also doesn’t believe her aunt would leave her mother alone.

Fuqua said her aunt told the family she fell asleep on a couch that was one the same floor as Taft’s bedroom.
Holton said sometime during the night she heard what she thought was footsteps, got up and turned on the outside lights. She called out to see if anyone was in the yard. Holton said she closed and locked the front door and went to check on her sister.
Holton told the family that she heard Taft snoring and thought everything was all right, so she went to another bedroom. Holton never turned the lights on, Fuqua said.

When her aunt recounted the events of March 5-6, she never mentioned encountering anyone that would match Williford’s description, Fuqua said. She hasn’t spoken with her aunt since Williford’s arrest.

“I haven’t had much communication with her in the last six weeks,” Fuqua said[/b]

It seems strange to me that the daughter has not had much communication with the Aunt in the last six weeks. DH stated in another article that she and KT were soulmates.

In that tiny little house it's a wonder that JW didn't attacked DH, too. I can't imagine her sleeping on a couch with an unlocked door, so I still wonder how he got in without her hearing him coming in. If the attack on Kathy occurred while DH was on the couch all I can say is he must have been awfully quiet.

She heard footsteps in the house but heard KT snoring so she thought everything was okay.

How awful.

So the couch D fell asleep on and the bedroom K was in were on the same floor?
Has anyone seen a layout of the house? The house seems small.

It's still not clear whether the footsteps were inside or outside. I have to believe she thought they were outside because she went and turned the outside lights on and called out to see if anyone was in the yard. Surely she would have called 911 had she heard someone in the house.

I can't say that I would personally try to call out to a possible burglar. What good would that do - it surely isn't going to stop him.

Timeline

March 5
______
Kathy has surgery.

4:30 p.m. (Estimated)
Dina goes to get dinner and locks her keys in the car. Walks home.

9 p.m.
Dina and Kathy watch movie together.

11 p.m.
Kathy goes to bed. Dina falls asleep on the couch.

March 6
3 a.m.
Dina hears footsteps. Opens door and turns on outside lights, calls to see if anyone is in yard. Listens in on Diena; hears snoring and thinks all is okay. Locks door and goes upstairs to bed.

9:31 a.m.
Dina finds Kathy and calls 911.

It's still not clear whether the footsteps were inside or outside. I have to believe she thought they were outside because she went and turned the outside lights on and called out to see if anyone was in the yard. Surely she would have called 911 had she heard someone in the house.

I can't say that I would personally try to call out to a possible burglar. What good would that do - it surely isn't going to stop him.

When we heard from a poster D heard footsteps on the stairs, she said she thought inside (her info was 2nd hand)....I agree, It was likely a noise she heard outside on the deck and steps. This makes much more sense.

24872011121101.jpg

http://services.wakegov.com/realestate/Search.asp?owner=geil,+john&stype=owner (enter homeowner's name)

The house is not big.

Hearing footsteps on the outside (deck) makes more sense than having heard footsteps inside and having done nothing.

She may not have known for sure that the footsteps she heard were at that house ... she may have thought then, that they were at the neighbors.

JMO

My Thanks button has disappeared but thanks for all the info posted on these past few pages ...

ETA
I refreshed a few times and it's back.

Salem does not want us discussing D in a derogatory way.

The house is approx 1400 sq ft? The floor where K's bedroom and the couch were located would be approx 700 sq ft? Upstairs 700 sq ft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74