NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blocking a roadway is a far cry from looting trucks and setting them on fire and smashing store windows and stealing.

Can you point to video you are referring to that was watched with great interest that was not a Black protest? I can't think of any we've had the opportunity to watch in the US (there have been international incidents of violent unrest, frankly, we don't care much about those either) that have been looting of trucks, setting fires and smashing store windows and stealing.

So it's hard to compare whether people like to watch crime in action or not regardless of race. I'm just saying what that Black leader said, that the White population seems to get a perverse pleasure out of watching Black crime and looting.

I am local and this is a mess. I am not passing judgement until all the facts come out.

Can you point to video you are referring to that was watched with great interest that was not a Black protest? I can't think of any we've had the opportunity to watch in the US (there have been international incidents of violent unrest, frankly, we don't care much about those either) that have been looting of trucks, setting fires and smashing store windows and stealing.

So it's hard to compare whether people like to watch crime in action or not regardless of race. I'm just saying what that Black leader said, that the White population seems to get a perverse pleasure out of watching Black crime and looting.

bbm Car/carjacking chases for one, shepard smith showed them all the time till the crew didn't cut away in time when a guy shot himself live on camera. I for one am glad that the rioting/looting is filmed live to show the people that are defending wrong doings. For me it shows that the people that are rioting/looting are probably from the same mold as the person arrested/shot. jmo Waiting for the time when the rioters/looters are arrested on the spot. jmo Besides if that is what is news then the reporters will be there like white on rice, I just want to hear the truth and not what the reporter decides what I should see and hear for myself. jmo

I remember watching several sports riots, like the Vancouver Stanley cup one and not being able to turn my eyes away. And that was before live streams gave even more of an insight to what was happening. And the World Series one that was fairly recent...I know it was San Francisco, can't remember the year. But I remember it being shown via helicopter on the major news.

Sorry, had to leave suddenly. I'll just finish the reporters tweets. Thanks for adding the above, peeps.

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 2h2 hours ago
.@CLTMayor: I've been in touch with the White House, governor abt #CharlotteProtests

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 2h2 hours agoCharlotte, NC
CMPD Putney: we're still going thru footage of body and dashboard cams. I haven't seen all the video yet #KeithScott

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 2h2 hours ago
CMPD chief Putney confirms a handgun was found at #KeithScott shooting scene. A book was not

CMPD chief: officer who shot Keith Scott was not wearing a body camera

CMPD chief says one person has been arrested. He anticipates more will be. CMPD will be "staffed appropriately" tonight

CMPD chief: I do not know if the victim pointed the gun at officers #KeithLamontScott

.@CLTMayor: We understand that some of the agitation following #KeithLamontScott shooting may come even from those living outside Charlotte

CMPD chief: extent of injuries varies. Don't have #s on how many officers were out last night or how much tear gas was deployed #KeithScott

One other thing just got clarified: #keithlamontscott had a handgun 2nd time he exited his car, not the first time, CMPD says

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 1h1 hour agoCharlotte, NC
Katie Peralta Retweeted Eric Houck
Correct. He was undercover but wearing a CMPD vest. No body cam

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-fatally-shoot-man-they-say-wielded-firearm/

Police in North Carolina shot and killed a man they said was armed outside an apartment complex in Charlotte on Tuesday, setting off a tense confrontation between police and protesters that continued late into the night.
A large crowd of demonstrators began gathering near the scene of the shooting Tuesday evening to protest the killing of Keith Lamont Scott, with some people chanting “black lives matter” and “hands up, don’t shoot.” News reports and posts on social media showed police in riot gear firing tear gas at the demonstrators and some people smashing out the windows of police cars.
Police said 12 officers were injured during the demonstrations, one of them hit in the face with a rock.

It's not against the law to own and carry a gun in North Carolina. So, if this person actually had a gun, it's still illegal to kill him for that. Do police go around killing every white person they see with a gun?

It's not against the law to own and carry a gun in North Carolina. So, if this person actually had a gun, it's still illegal to kill him for that. Do police go around killing every white person they see with a gun?

It was the alleged failure to comply with commands.

Charlotte Police: Man killed by officers holding gun, not book
USA TODAY USA TODAY
Get the app
John Bacon
23 mins ago

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney, at a news conference Wednesday, rejected claims that Scott was holding a book, not a gun, and said the gun had been recovered by detectives. No book was found, Putney said.

“It’s time to change the narrative, because I can tell you from the facts that the story’s a little bit different as to how it’s been portrayed so far, especially through social media,” Putney said.

Putney said police dashcams did record parts of the confrontation and that the videos were being reviewed. The African-American officer who shot Scott, identified as Brently Vinson, was not wearing a body camera, Putney said.

Putney said officers were searching for a suspect with an outstanding warrant Tuesday afternoon at The Village at College Downs when they observed an man — not the suspect they were looking for — inside a vehicle at the apartment complex.

Putney said the man, Scott, exited the vehicle with the gun as the officers yelled at him to drop it. Scott ignored the command and was shot by a Vinson, a two-year veteran of the force, Putney said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...rs-holding-gun-not-book/ar-BBws3Kf?li=BBnb7Kz

BBM

bbm Car/carjacking chases for one, shepard smith showed them all the time till the crew didn't cut away in time when a guy shot himself live on camera. I for one am glad that the rioting/looting is filmed live to show the people that are defending wrong doings. For me it shows that the people that are rioting/looting are probably from the same mold as the person arrested/shot. jmo Waiting for the time when the rioters/looters are arrested on the spot. jmo Besides if that is what is news then the reporters will be there like white on rice, I just want to hear the truth and not what the reporter decides what I should see and hear for myself. jmo

On the average, I watch a car chase livestream online once a week. I think it was just last week the guy was in a stolen 18 wheeler.

Most of these things are online now. The protesters and violence against Trump supporters...online. Won't find that on the news.

POLICE SHOOTING IN CHARLOTTE, NC, SEPT. 2016
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police chief says Officer Brentley Vinson, who police say shot Keith Lamont Scott, was not wearing a body camera but other officers on scene were - @MorganFogarty
View on Twitter

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/livecoverage/breaking-news-now/lc-BBwq09F

Putney said police dashcams did record parts of the confrontation and that the videos were being reviewed. The African-American officer who shot Scott, identified as Brently Vinson, was not wearing a body camera, Putney said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...rs-holding-gun-not-book/ar-BBws3Kf?li=BBnb7Kz

BBM

So there will potentially be a good deal of video, even though the officer who shot did not have a body cam.

The Charlotte police chief says officers gave 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott multiple warnings to drop a handgun before fatally shooting him.

Police Chief Kerr Putney said during a news conference Wednesday morning that officers were searching for a suspect Tuesday when they saw Scott exit a vehicle with a handgun. He says the officers told him to drop the gun and that he got out of the vehicle a second time still carrying the gun. He says the man was shot because he posed a threat.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-charlotte-quiet-police-shooting-protest-42242090

bbm not if, He had a gun.

Fox News ‏@FoxNews [video=twitter;778604233364955136]https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/778604233364955136[/video]
Charlotte police chief says 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott got out of the car with a handgun before he was fatally shot by a black officer.

People can spin it however they want to for their schadenfreude. There are so many egregious instances of whites with guns that threaten LE or kill lots of people such as Roof and Holmes that live.

After awhile, one begins to wonder if black lives matter,

I never wondered if my white teenage son would be blown away by police. I never wondered if my white husband will be blown away by police.

I imagine that is the fear of blacks and Natives,

No, they don't, and I see a lot of open carry on holsters here. I can only speculate that if the officer saw a gun and was looking for a suspect, perhaps the death of the officer from Shelby last week was on his mind. Until the facts are out, it's hard to know the actual circumstances of the shooting. We still don't know yet exactly why the state trooper shot and killed the unarmed deaf man recently here either. Sometimes good people make wrong decisions. Everything doesn't have to be nefarious, IMO.

Even if he had a legal permit, and even if NC has open carry, IF he had a gun IN HIS HAND and did not comply when the officer ordered him to let go/ put it down, he has to follow that lawful order. Period, end of story.

If you have a gun in your hand, and do not immediately comply with the lawful orders of a police officer (regardless of your permit status), you can, and likely WILL be shot to death. That's just a fact.

No, they don't, and I see a lot of open carry on holsters here. I can only speculate that if the officer saw a gun and was looking for a suspect, perhaps the death of the officer from Shelby last week was on his mind. Until the facts are out, it's hard to know the actual circumstances of the shooting. We still don't know yet exactly why the state trooper shot and killed the unarmed deaf man recently here either. Sometimes good people make wrong decisions. Everything doesn't have to be nefarious, IMO.

Exactly! I bet that makes the dead person feel lots better

I remember watching several sports riots, like the Vancouver Stanley cup one and not being able to turn my eyes away. And that was before live streams gave even more of an insight to what was happening. And the World Series one that was fairly recent...I know it was San Francisco, can't remember the year. But I remember it being shown via helicopter on the major news.

Penn State riots were all over TV too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member