Found Safe NC - Kristin Glass, 43, Topsail, 6 October 2020

If she was afraid that she was being tracked (By whom? A significant other?) then it becomes more likely that she's missing voluntarily.

On the other hand it could show her state of mind or a possible relationship issue.

ETA: Last sighting according to the article from the preceding post (BBM):

Gervase said surveillance footage showed her inside a Wilmington bank at 3 p.m. — 45 minutes before a Topsail Beach property owner found her cell phone on the road.

Very concerning. I wonder if she took $ OUT of the bank and how much? IMO

Family last talked to her at 11:30 am. Seen in wilmington at bank at 3 pm. Phone lost at some point at Topsail but found at about 4. Boyfriend calls it at 6 pm, answered by man who found it. IMO, she would have left Wilmington going to Topsail. Supposedly traffic cameras on bridge capture every car coming and going. Again, LEO arent going to say alot. But, WPD have botched some missing cases before. Adults arent considering missing, unfortunately, only minors.

Why would she withdraw money from the bank? Was someone in need for money?

Where was the phone found exactly? I don't understand why the police in these cases always has those vague descriptions. Argh... If you want help give the community there some specifics. An exact location of the phone, draw a map with the possible route. In that way maybe there is somebody who saw or remembers something.

If she took the Surft City Bridge, I found a camera.
Here is a webcam with a view towards Surf City Bridge:
https://www.surfchex.com/cams/surf-city-bridge/

I could not find a webcam for the bridge in the north. North Topsail Beach.

Where was the phone found exactly? I don't understand why the police in these cases always has those vague descriptions. Argh... If you want help give the community there some specifics. An exact location of the phone, draw a map with the possible route. In that way maybe there is somebody who saw or remembers something.

If she took the Surft City Bridge, I found a camera.
Here is a webcam with a view towards Surf City Bridge:
https://www.surfchex.com/cams/surf-city-bridge/

I could not find a webcam for the bridge in the north. North Topsail Beach.

Her phone was found on the side of the road, near a trashcan. It was alleged that she threw her phone out of her car, bc she was in fear that she was being tracked by it.

The FB pages of a key person have been locked down in the last day or so and that person has also removed posts on the WPD page. I can’t say I blame this person, but I do find it interesting.

I truly hope that she did ditch her phone and get out of town for her own safety, and that she is OK. The fact that her car has not been located yet gives me hope.

BUT yeah there's a lot of reason to be concerned for her.

We don't know if she withdrew money. It would make sense if she wanted to leave for a while and avoid detection through her bank cards.
I saw the name of the street where her phone was found mentioned on SM. We don't know what brought her to Topsail. The police has her phone and probably knows if she is still on the island (my guess is that she is not). They are keeping details away from the public to preserve the integrity of their investigation. I'm sure LE is exploring various avenues behind the scenes. They might release more info if they get stuck.

POSSIBLE RUMOR: I can't find where I read that someone talked to her at 2pm. I've searched and searched and can't find it. Anyway, we need to stick to the timeline we know for sure but I swear I read 2pm someone talked to her. Which is why I made a comment earlier that the timeline is tight. Someone talked to her at 2pm and her phone found at 3:45pm ( this is in MSM above). Until I find where I saw that, this comment is IMO.
FOUND IT, it was the BF's comment. I WILL REPORT MYSELF. UGH!
Kristin Glass Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Before her her 3pm sighting at a Wilmington bank was known, her half-sister posted on her fb (according to the article above):

Last contact anyone had with her was around 2:00 yesterday (Mon. Oct 6) in the Topsail Beach area.

Oct 6 is a mistake (it was the 5th). It is not clear if the 2pm contact was a phone call, text or she talked to someone at Topsail Beach (southern part of the island) in person.
Based on the above I'm guessing that she went to Topsail first and then returned to Wilmington, leaving her phone behind.

Last edited:
Her phone was found on the side of the road, near a trashcan. It was alleged that she threw her phone out of her car, bc she was in fear that she was being tracked by it.

I wonder how that info came about? She had to have told someone she was being tracked and threw her phone. How else would that info be known? this is all quite strange.
Moo

I wonder how that info came about? She had to have told someone she was being tracked and threw her phone. How else would that info be known? this is all quite strange.
Moo
WPD will not confirm that, according to an article upstream. My other thought was that maybe she was seen on a Ring or camera tossing the phone herself, and someone surmised the rest. MOO

Moo
Maybe she told her 2pm contact. Or the contact knew her location and spooked her. Perhaps she had a recurring fear of being tracked/followed.

I’m completely new to this case but as a NC native, I wonder:

-Where in Topsail was the phone found?
-Hwy 17 runs up and down the NC coast and would be the most likely road to travel on from Wilmington towards Topsail
-Hwy 17 connects Wilmington to Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a heavy marine presence due to the base there.
-Hwy 17 has cut off roads that connect directly to the various beaches a long our coast
-I wonder if her phone was found on Topsail or right off Hwy 17 at Topsail. That info would make a big difference. She may have not have gotten off 17 but instead threw her phone out the window along Hwy 17 at Topsail. Big difference.

I’m completely new to this case but as a NC native, I wonder:

-Where in Topsail was the phone found?
-Hwy 17 runs up and down the NC coast and would be the most likely road to travel on from Wilmington towards Topsail
-Hwy 17 connects Wilmington to Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a heavy marine presence due to the base there.
-Hwy 17 has cut off roads that connect directly to the various beaches a long our coast
-I wonder if her phone was found on Topsail or right off Hwy 17 at Topsail. That info would make a big difference. She may have not have gotten off 17 but instead threw her phone out the window along Hwy 17 at Topsail. Big difference.
From the Heavy article posted earlier:

At about 6 p.m., Glass’s boyfriend SW called her cellphone and it was answered by a man who said he found it at around 3:30 or 4 p.m. by a garbage can in Topsail Beach.

The location is not off Hwy 17, but in the southern part of Topsail island.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316