GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he pushes harder regarding the fishing as KB last time said "Amanda knew how to handle a boat"

When this witness is telling the truth, she answers quickly. When she lies or is evasive, her answers are drawn out and and somewhat vague.

otc-sudafed.jpg
kleenex.jpg

Take 2, pass it around!

Let's just hope she remembers her testimony in GH's trial.... this is going to be a decent size nail in AH's coffin :jail:

And there we go folks!!!!!! :jail:

"She told me she was dead and she had done it"

IIRC she sniffled her way through Grants trial also.

And what is up with the pillows? Bad back?

I do not believe for one minute that Laura threatened to take Lily.

Wish Chad (camera man) would wake up and pan over to the defendant every once in a while.

Karen is lucky she isn't sitting in prison right now for accessory after the fact.

:jail:

I wish they would have gotten as deep with Karen about her relationship with AH as they did in the last trial. They were close, Karen basically raised her. That really does make a difference in this testimony... this is very difficult for Karen to do, IMO. If my sister came to me with that information I would be in shock as well and I can't imagine how hard it would be to provide this testimony.

I don't think she got immunity. Somehow, that came out during the GH trial, IIRC. Hopefully, they'll bring it up again during this one.

She (Karen) says her husband was living with them, but she never mentions him being in the house when asked who was there.
Wonder what that is about?

Karen is a mess. She looks 20x worse than at GH's trial. I believe her. I think this has taken a massive toll on her physically and emotionally. Denial is a very strong force. I think she has wavered in trying to grasp what was real or not and that her memories are fuzzy due to emotional trauma. AH put her sister in a god-awful position.

Call me a sucker, but I have compassion for Karen.

She (Karen) says her husband was living with them, but she never mentions him being in the house when asked who was there.
Wonder what that is about?

I watched some of Grant's trial testimony this past weekend, I believe it was on officer who testified the husband was a truck driver, so he wasn't there at the time.

Does anyone one else feel that this testimony is not as effective as it was in the GH trial. Is he trying to get her through quickly because she's in pain? His line of questioning is not thorough enough to tell the full story, all the times AH could have asked her sister for help.

Does anyone one else feel that this testimony is not as effective as it was in the GH trial. Is he trying to get her through quickly because she's in pain? His line of questioning is not thorough enough to tell the full story, all the times AH could have asked her sister for help.

The defense should go to town on this witness. Then Boz can redirect.

When this witness is telling the truth, she answers quickly. When she lies or is evasive, her answers are drawn out and and somewhat vague.

Yes, Chelly -- I remember from the GH trial -- it's one of her "tells." She quickly explains inconsequential things, and with ease. After AH told her that LA was dead and "I did it," Karen began to be suspicious of what was in the trailer & the coolers. Her son was going to use one for hog-hunting and loaded it on this truck. She told him not to use it & to take it out of his truck. He did.

The sniff-fest continues...duelling schnozzes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74