GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen is a mess. She looks 20x worse than at GH's trial. I believe her. I think this has taken a massive toll on her physically and emotionally. Denial is a very strong force. I think she has wavered in trying to grasp what was real or not and that her memories are fuzzy due to emotional trauma. AH put her sister in a god-awful position.

Call me a sucker, but I have compassion for Karen.

Me too... I did in GH's trial to. AH put her sister in a HORRIBLE situation, and from what I understand her husband has left her as well? She ruined this woman and her family... This all happened shortly after they had lost their mother, and to be hit with this information? That your sister is a murderer? PTSD to say the least. You can tell this is very painful for her. She had to have been scared of what Grant would do to her and her family as well... just a very sad situation. I think she really is answering the best that she can.

I think they're trying to just get the most important facts out. Boz is leading this witness because she's a really bad/reluctant witness, has selective memory issues, gets kind of flaky, etc. Whether that's by design or what I can't say. She doesn't want to be there and she doesn't want to cooperate (not realllly).

Not all is well between Amanda and her sister. A's too busy writing notes to even give her a glance.

And there we go folks!!!!!! :jail:

"She told me she was dead and she had done it"

bbm

Indeed.

We'll see how the DT handles that one, sports fans...

Of course, later in the testimony KB asked her was she covering for GH, and AH said yes.

What a quandary. His Honor's jury instructions should help. "Acting in concert" should do it. :jail:

Well Laura did want an "acting" career. And by doG she got one. "Acting in Concert!"

Well Laura did want an "acting" career. And by doG she got one. "Acting in Concert!"

LOL, he used to tell everyone she was a "star" in the Stepford Wives... she was an extra at best. I say let her take the stand and show everyone her great acting skills :facepalm:

Oh, wow, Dalton's friend's dad was a police officer.

She (Karen) says her husband was living with them, but she never mentions him being in the house when asked who was there.
Wonder what that is about?

She just said he was a truck driver and was out doing a job.

I don't think she got immunity. Somehow, that came out during the GH trial, IIRC. Hopefully, they'll bring it up again during this one.

I'm hoping at the end of the direct, Boz will ask her.

Did it come up at the last trial? I don't recall that it did. If not, why not? Seems like one side or the other would have asked.

Karen seems to be much more engaging with Gaskins.

Good morning everyone!

I see Gaskins is verifying that the witness is telling the truth. Isn't that out of line, I mean the poor lady was just sworn in.

OK, this whole case and kids not living with their mothers!

Amanda lived with Karen at times as a child, Sha lived with Karen at times (and NOT Amanda) when she was a child, Grant and Gentle lived without their mother, of course.

It all sounds so sad.

Karen is a mess. She looks 20x worse than at GH's trial. I believe her. I think this has taken a massive toll on her physically and emotionally. Denial is a very strong force. I think she has wavered in trying to grasp what was real or not and that her memories are fuzzy due to emotional trauma. AH put her sister in a god-awful position.

Call me a sucker, but I have compassion for Karen.

I totally agree, Boods. There were questions that she didn't want to answer, of course, but I think she tried to be as accurate as she was able. I don't think she wanted to lie, even for AH.

I'm thinking Gaskins is trying to say Amanda only found out about the body after she got to the farm when she and Grant talked out in the yard.

I'm not buying that at all.

I totally agree, Boods. There were questions that she didn't want to answer, of course, but I think she tried to be as accurate as she was able. I don't think she wanted to lie, even for AH.

I think she said something to the affect that she wanted them gone and out of her house. I can understand the internal fight to protect her sister, who she helped raise, and she is trying to remember. I wonder how much the mind shuts down when under stress and trauma?

I'm thinking Gaskins is trying to say Amanda only found out about the body after she got to the farm when she and Grant talked out in the yard.

That's the line I'm hearing from the defense. :facepalm:

IIRC that was what he claimed in his opening statement, remember GH was supposed to have wacked her on the legs with the machete & threatened to kill her & the kids, no-one is getting out of here alive

The feel I get about this TX property is very "Deliverance." Banjos playing, teeth pickin', garbage and old tires and hub caps.

IMO Karen is doing the right thing. That is all that matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74