NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORNELIUS, N.C. (WBTV) - Cornelius Police Department is hosting a birthday celebration for missing soon-to-be 12-year-old Madalina Cojocari.

The celebration will be held at 6 p.m. April 11 at the police department’s westside parking lot at 21440 Catawba Avenue.
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen a PD host a birthday party for a missing child.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever seen a PD host a birthday party for a missing child.
Unusual birthday party event sponsored by LE for an unusual case. We know for sure two people who won't be in attendance - the parents. I imagine lots of videos and photos will be taken at the party then shown by LE to the parents in their jail cells.
moo

The Cornelius Police chief is expected to provide an update on the case Tuesday at 5 p.m. Then, Madalina’s birthday celebration will happen at 6 p.m.

So last month - after Madalina had been missing for 4 months - the mother asks someone to smuggle her and Madalina out of the country?!?! Is that typo and they meant last year and not last month? Or does the mother have her hidden for some reason?

The police definitely want to keep this case in the news and holding a press conference about nothing did just that. As will the birthday party.

I hope it leads to something.

There has to be some kind of ulterior motive for this "press conference" and birthday party. Maybe they want to see who shows up...

LE "know" Madalina is alive and most likely tracked her possible location, they just need some details to iron out and allow people holding Madalina to come out. DC's sister abruptly deleted her social media accounts last week.

There has to be some kind of ulterior motive for this "press conference" and birthday party. Maybe they want to see who shows up...
Who would?
No one that actually knows/knew her.

Maybe this was all more for the community than anything else?
I don't really know.
The 2 people who know where she went, are in custody.
This whole thing seems weird.

jmo

LE "know" Madalina is alive and most likely tracked her possible location, they just need some details to iron out and allow people holding Madalina to come out. DC's sister abruptly deleted her social media accounts last week.
She still has her foreign social media account. That's all she really needs. I don't think she has any connections to the US besides her sister DC being here.

Madalina's police sponsored birthday party on April 11, 2023 video. For those interested in seeing who was in attendance, you can see attendees in the video. I guess police managed to keep an eye on them.

Last edited:
Diana Cojocari was recently charged with possession of a controlled substance while at the Mecklenburg County Detention Center, where she has been since December 2021 when she was initially charged with failing to report the disappearance of her daughter.

Her husband and Madalina’s stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, was also arrested and charged with failing to report her disappearance.

Madalina was last seen by the public getting off of a school bus just before Thanksgiving. She wasn’t reported missing until weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname