NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

There were speculations about him that took on a life of their own, but had no basis in anything that was reported. The only fact I can remember about him is that he was someone who was in DC's life very briefly after her first marriage ended. I don't believe he is in the picture. Now that you mention it, I think you're right that it was reported that he is not in Moldova...I think it was said he is in Romania. I'll see if I can dig up anything official.

ETA: Just after a quick look, this article dated April 11, 2023, quotes the Cornelius Police Chief as saying that the birth father is in Moldova:

Madalina’s birth father is in Moldova and is not part of the investigation, Chief David Baucom said last month.
Romania, that was it, but it is a moot point now we know he lives in Moldova. Although LE says he is not part of the investigation, that does not mean he does not know where she is. I am starting to think LE know where she is and know she is safe but also could possibly not have enough evidence to charge DC with anything.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how diplomatic relations are with Moldova? As in, if authorities in Moldova know Madalina is safe, are they likely to hand over her exact whereabouts to LE? or would they just say that they KNOW she is safe? Any intelligence sharing?
I need to go to bed.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how diplomatic relations are with Moldova? As in, if authorities in Moldova know Madalina is safe, are they likely to hand over her exact whereabouts to LE? or would they just say that they KNOW she is safe? Any intelligence sharing?
I need to go to bed.
Well, this doesn't look good as far as relations with Moldova, though it doesn't answer your question directly. From the article linked below:

"... Moldova does not have an extradition treaty with the United States, meaning if she does make it to Moldova, it will be very difficult to get her back to the states in the event more charges are levied against her in the case."

-------------------------------------------------------------
One thing that seems hopeful is DC's apparent communications with her mother and her relative Octavian. It seems far more likely that two other family members would get involved in helping get a child out of an unsafe situation than that they'd both get involved in helping cover up the murder of a child or help with trafficking of a child.

It's also possible that CP discovered the escape plan and did something to Madalina as revenge. MOO

Last edited:
What are the chances that LE is turning a blind eye to DC as they know it was to get MC safe and they know that she is safe? Maybe they will use the information she has given them to press DV charges?
I have no idea what the chances are but that would be wonderful. :)

It seemed so likely earlier that Madalina was no longer alive. It's nice to have reason for hope!

Jury pool was just brought back in. They have along way to go before a full jury is seated, so am guessing testimony won't start today -- or if it does, it will be late today. I won't be able to check back in for several hours, so am hoping not to miss anything!

Back in court for Day 2 of jury selection for Christopher Palmiter, but Day 3 overall (pre-trial motions were on Tuesday, more pre-trial and jury selection Wednesday, and now today).For those just coming into this story, Christopher Palmiter is the stepdad of Madalina Cojocari.

Jury pool and potentials are being brought back in.

Jury selection process has continued.Questions are within the same vein of yesterday, on their interactions with law and work.
x.com

Video of Diana Cojocari leaving jail.

She looks really proud of herself when she walks out.
Found another interesting tweet:
@Hunt_Saenz
1h
Assistant District Attorney Austin Butler told the jury just now he expects jury selection in this case to take longer than the trial itself. Plans to bring 4 or 5 witnesses. Butler says the state will likely take a day to a day and a half to present their case
4-5 witnesses maybe his family his visited?
Romania, that was it, but it is a moot point now we know he lives in Moldova. Although LE says he is not part of the investigation, that does not mean he does not know where she is. I am starting to think LE know where she is and know she is safe but also could possibly not have enough evidence to charge DC with anything.
Honestly I have wondered the same. It is not illegal to hand your kid off to a relative or a friend. I think LE have a lot more information or thoughts on this case but are not making it public because of maybe who is involved.

@Chelly thank you for the updates yesterday! :) It’s so much easier to follow here than having to search all over for information.
@MsMarple You are welcome. Just got in. I'm finding the tweets difficult to follow, particularly today's entries. There seems to be no real news to report other than potential jurors are being excused one after another.

@DerekDlngr

·
31m

Back from lunch. Defense asking their questions of the potential jury.
@DerekDlngr
·
17m

Defense questions, in general, have dealt with potential jurors' understanding of the law, along with experiences in family environments and whether that could shade any opinion the jury ultimately makes.
@DerekDlngr
·
14m

Interesting note from the defense questions--one of them dealt with mental illness and whether that could shade a jury opinion.
@DerekDlngr
·
7m

Four members of the potential jury, after defense questions, have been excused.

Last edited:
Had a chance to check in quickly -- latest from Hunter Saenz:

Hunter Sáenz
@Hunt_Saenz
·
27m

Palmiter’s Defense attorney is questioning 12 potential jurors now.He asked them if their religious belief differed from the religious beliefs of any party in the case, would that have an impact on their opinion. All said it would not and they could set differences aside.

x.com
Hunter Sáenz
@Hunt_Saenz
·
25m

Palmiter’s Defense attorney also just said mental illness could be brought up in this case and asked if any of the potential jurors had a history of or experience dealing with someone with a mental health illness

Hunter Sáenz
@Hunt_Saenz
·
7m

Defense just asked and was granted to excuse 4 potential jurors from the box. 3 were women. Of the 8 remaining, only one is a woman before the 4 open seats are filled.
x.com
Hunter Sáenz
@Hunt_Saenz
·
5m

All three of the women were also mothers. Sharing that broad info, and no further detailed info since they were potential jurors
https://x.com/Hunt_Saenz
Hunter Sáenz

@Hunt_Saenz

Of the 8 that are officially sat, 1 is a woman and 7 are men. Of the 8… 3 are parents. (Again that’s all the [broad] info I’ll provide on them to respect jurors’ privacy per the court)

Last edited:
I would love to see facts on that mysterious Thanksgiving trip CP made solo to relative in Michigan. Was Madalina disappeared somewhere on route between North Carolina and Michigan?

I did notice one thing in the 3 hour conversation with Octavian mentioned that he was contacted by DC and Rodica about smuggling them away later in the conversation it states that CP was supposed to take them to MI to stay with family. If CP was to take them away then he must have known. IMO I think both DC and CP were running drugs. In the new evidence it says DC sent large sums of money. Perhaps she was stashing the drug money and short changed the dealers and MC was taken for that reason. If you go to a bank to deposit more that $10,000 it gets questioned. I deposited more than that at one time and had to fill out a bunch of paperwork. Does sending large amounts thru Western Union raise a red flag? Also I'm not sure what they consider a large amount.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr
Back