Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if it was ever in any of LE official statements but it has been reported since the story initially 'broke'. I am pretty sure it was reported via news as well as I know it was a big part of skepticism but will go try to find the earlier reports,if I am confusing that with social media rumor I'll edit my post

Police received a call for help about an hour later, and multiple agencies are assisting, including the Charlotte Fire Department, Observer news partner WBTV reported.

Crews search North Carolina lake for 6-year-old boy with special needs

RBBM

Unfortunately, the linked article appears to have been updated, and it no longer says anything about when the call for help came in.

Whether the sentence hollye quoted above was removed because they later realized it was inaccurate or for some other reason, I am not sure.

ETA: The following article, published about an hour ago, says:
"Police say Maddox Ritch, 6, has autism and is nonverbal. They say he was reported missing at around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. He was with his father and another adult on the back side of the lake, when they lost sight of him"
Search continues for missing child with special needs in Gaston County

It may be a typo. I'm really not sure.

Last edited:
RBBM

Unfortunately, the linked article appears to have been updated, and it no longer says anything about when the call for help came in.

Whether the sentence hollye quoted above was removed because they later realized it was inaccurate or for some other reason, I am not sure.

The articles I originally read have been edited as well so however, the discussion about the time is still in the original fb news posts.
This very well have been a reported/ updated error.

who is this is?

"Maddox please don't give up. Baby please don't give up. If you're alive and out there come home, please just come home. And be alive. That's all i can keep thinking is be alive"

Savannah Levins

*Sorry if this has already been answered* the above quote came from a mother in the community named Ashley Dolby.

“I want him to be alive. Just be alive. Please be alive,” said Ashley Dolby, a mother who is concerned about Maddox.”

Community members pray for missing 6-year-old in Gastonia

Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV

'FIND MADDOX: Here are drone photos of Rankin Lake Park from Gaston County Emergency Management Services, courtesy of @GPDNC. The search continues for 6-year-old Maddox. I’ll be live at noon with the latest #findmaddox #wbtv'

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529 View attachment 148530 View attachment 148531

Bria Bell on Twitter

These pictures give me a little hope. I keep seeing people post that this is a small park but after seeing these pictures there are a lot of areas to search that he could be hiding in. Also, if he were laying down or even just sitting down, he would be easy to miss. As comparison, our herd of cows recently started having calves. If I don't walk down into the field and look for some of the calves, I wouldn't be able to see them from the fence even at a semi close range. There is just enough vegetation to hide them. If he has been lost and on his own for several days, he is most likely tired and dehydrated and hiding somewhere. At least I pray that is what is happening.

Whatever is going on, I have to have faith in LE. They know what they are doing and the FBI is involved but they are staying so tight lipped.

Efforts continue in the search for Maddox Ritch this morning. We ask the public to please be considerate toward sharing any information concerning the efforts that are not confirmed on the Gastonia Police Department Facebook page. If you have any information, please call the Tip Line 704-869-1075.

Gastonia Police Department

* The link is social media however is where LE stated to seek updates in yesterdays PC. I hope that doesnt violate terms

Lauren Tostenson‏ @LaurenTost

'FBI agents appear to be at the Renewable Energy Center in Dallas, across from the Gaston County landfill. No word on the nature of their visit, if this is part of routine searches or if something specific lead them here.'

Lauren Tostenson on Twitter

Lauren Tostenson‏ @LaurenTost

'Some officials leaving the energy center now. Again, no comfirmation as to the nature of this visit... Hope to get some answers at next press conference.'

Lauren Tostenson on Twitter

*Video at link

Attachments

• 78A89213-D38F-429D-848A-8F4F58FD5DE1.jpeg
    78A89213-D38F-429D-848A-8F4F58FD5DE1.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 3
Adam Lawson‏ @GazetteLawson

'FBI agents are at Renewable Energy Center in Dallas, right next to county landfill, as search continues for missing 6yo Maddox Ritch.'

View attachment 148533

Adam Lawson on Twitter
BBM

What the ...?
Did Adam just mention they were next to the landfill to establish the location ?
And why is the FBI involved ?

Just curious and hopping on here quickly --have to go but will be back later and hoping for some GOOD NEWS !
Maddox has to be getting tired and very hungry by now ! :(

BREAKING | Officers in Kings Mountain are roping off a home with crime tape.

Police tell me they are trying to figure out if this case is connected to the high-profile search for Maddox Ritch, the missing 6-year-old in Gastonia. @wsoctv

View attachment 148537
Mark Barber on Twitter
SABBM

Why would the local law enforcement not know ?
Is this the FBI sealing off this location as a crime scene ? And if so-- wouldn't they have to keep local LE 'in the loop' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname