GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

July 2, 2014: Murder suspect still at-large
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/m...1e4-8c15-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=image&photo=0
Investigators spent hours looking at a path in a small wooded area behind Daniels’ apartment and Thornton Elementary School on Monday, according to a report from WSOC-TV.
Image: Investigators searched a trail leading from a construction site to the back of Maggie Daniels' apartment. Daniels was found dead in her apartment at 10:37 a.m. Saturday.
http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/m...1e4-8c15-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=image&photo=0

Attachments

• Investigators searched a trail leading from a construction site to the back of Maggie Daniels' a.jpg
    Investigators searched a trail leading from a construction site to the back of Maggie Daniels' a.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 946
Report: Death of N.C. guidance counselor ruled a homicide

Neighbors say someone who went to Daniels' apartment after she wouldn't answer her phone found her not breathing.

A 911 call from a man who called himself a friend of the victim was released Monday, the paper reports. "One of my friends is in her apartment, and I think she's been in there for like a day," the man said. "She was in there laying down. I didn't even want to touch her... it shook me up when I seen her."

Joe McCorkle, the apartment complex's janitor, said he last saw Daniels around 11 a.m. Friday. He was there when police arrived at the scene. "It just tore me up to pieces," McCorkle told the paper. "She was a good girl."

Newton-Conover City Schools officials say Daniels was hired as a high school English teacher in 2006 and became a guidance counselor last year after completing her master's degree.

read more ................ http://www.cbsnews.com/news/educator-found-dead-in-her-north-carolina-apartment-ruled-homicide/

What female likes to leave their door unlocked? I don't care where you live. She also liked to suntan on her porch per neighbors. Be interesting to see if autopsy mentions drugs. Saw her FB page. She seems obsessed with posting selfies of her face. Girls don't understand posting all of these pics of yourself can attract strange men. Hopefully the Apt has some type of video surveillance.

The doors should have been locked IMO especially in a large city. If I looked like her, I would be taking selfies too. I guess she should have set her FB settings to a more private setting.

What female likes to leave their door unlocked? I don't care where you live. She also liked to suntan on her porch per neighbors. Be interesting to see if autopsy mentions drugs. Saw her FB page. She seems obsessed with posting selfies of her face. Girls don't understand posting all of these pics of yourself can attract strange men. Hopefully the Apt has some type of video surveillance.
BBM
I wonder if the killer may have been either obsessed with her or jealous of her. I've wondered if the broken mirror near her body is a sort of message left by the killer.

In this day and age, you can't leave your doors unlocked.

It does sound weird but I read or saw a TV report that Maggie often left her door unlock so students could come into her apartment, but I can't find it now. It may have been well known that she did not lock her door. In this video it says a path from the school ends up through the woods and ends near her back door.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/medical-examiner-foul-play-suspected-teachers-deat/ngWth/

Why would she have students coming and going freewill? Hopefully an arrest will be made soon. Jmo

ciao

The doors should have been locked IMO especially in a large city. If I looked like her, I would be taking selfies too. I guess she should have set her FB settings to a more private setting.

Newton is a very small town. That may be why she didn't lock her doors. I always lock my doors no matter what but I am also a WS member who reads about murder cases. Many people in this area don't lock their doors.

Her photos are more conservative than most women her age. If she wants to take a picture of her face, let her. Her fb is private and you can only see profile pictures.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newton is a very small town. That may be why she didn't lock her doors. I always lock my doors no matter what but I am also a WS member who reads about murder cases. Many people in this area don't lock their doors.

Her photos are more conservative than most women her age. If she wants to take a picture of her face, let her. Her fb is private and you can only see profile pictures.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I posted about the locked doors, for some reason I thought it was NYC. I never said anything about taking selfies was strange. She was very pretty. I did not judge anyway. I just said 'if I looked like her', I would take selfies too - seems like a compliment to me. I have not looked at her FB page but I thought maybe it was public since someone mentioned the selfies.

I can tell you that one simple Facebook profile picture with a smile attracts strange men, it doesn't need to be dozens of selfies.

Please tell me you are not in any way suggesting that she brought this on herself in any way. Women SHOULD BE ABLE TO suntan on their porches, leave their doors open in a regulated apartment complex without fear. We should be free to do that and more without being horrified that some will come up with a gun and kill us.

I don't care what pictures of her self she had on FB or instagram or wherever, she DID NOT ask for this. Peace out.

From your link:

Newton Police Chief says the new search of murdered teacher's apartment was "successful".

Newton Police Chief Donald Brown said there was a reason for a second search Wednesday of the apartment of murdered school teacher and counselor Margret Daniels...

Brown said now that investigators have the autopsy results and know how Daniels died, they can approach the search differently and have a new idea of what they should be looking for.

glad to see progress, fast progress in this case. Second search = one step closer to catching whomever killed this lady.

I live relatively close to the Hickory area and heard about this on the news. I checked her Twitter from the links provided here and found what looks to be a text message from her old coach in Ohio cautioning her about a neighbor of hers. August 13, 2013 I believe is the post date of the tweet if you're wondering. Hope LE knows about this.

Here is the caption:

2nio11i.jpg

I wonder what he meant he said "your eyes have live in them again so I know you are good" eluding to the fact that she was not in a good place at one time.

I find all of the texts she posts with the coach a bit weird. He calls her pretty lady and is always saying I love you. I was heavily involved in sports and there are some coaches who were a huge influence on my life that I still talk to today, I even text with a couple of them from time to time. These just seem off to me. MOO

I find all of the texts she posts with the coach a bit weird. He calls her pretty lady and is always saying I love you. I was heavily involved in sports and there are some coaches who were a huge influence on my life that I still talk to today, I even text with a couple of them from time to time. These just seem off to me. MOO

My thoughts exactly. Coach seems a bit "American Beauty-ish" needy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hazelrun
Back