Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, probably decades and even centuries of trans-generational abuse and dysfunction. Our culture is built on myriad abuses. None of this is anything new, although methods change. One thing about this is it might be the intervention that causes change to some degree in that family.

s

It doesn't seem to me that KW's parents gave her many positive role models while she was being reared. Generational dysfunction.

alot of what is different now is recognition of abuse. children did not used to have rights. Alice Miller helped bring a lot of that to light in The Drama of the Gifted Child. Horrifying things in that book. Things I can't even reiterate. Now we know the damage it causes and we try to stop it and prevent it. But this stuff goes back centuries.

This case has so many layers of abuse, neglect, fighting, drug use, kids with different fathers. I think it is breakdown of what has kept society somewhat together in the past. Not that awful things haven't always happened, but there seems to be much more of it now.

alot of what is different now is recognition of abuse. children did not used to have rights. Alice Miller helped bring a lot of that to light in The Drama of the Gifted Child. Horrifying things in that book. Things I can't even reiterate. Now we know the damage it causes and we try to stop it and prevent it. But this stuff goes back centuries.
You will get no argument from me about that, but now it just seems so casual and so everyday stuff and so frequent. I know it has always gone on, but access to *advertiser censored* sites has increased it, IMO.

CPS did step in at the time - over a year ago. It was not just the bio dad.

Well, that's interesting, if it's the mom and bf accusing him of harming Mariah. Does Dad believe them or suspect this might be true? If the mom and bf are accusing the oldest boy, has CPS stepped in to investigate? Is the mom not concerned? I'm baffled!

I really don't understand why bio-dad is being scrutinized.
I believe all these family "members" didn't protect this gorgeous angel.

I'm not understanding it either but for the reason he is not a POI or suspect. He is a victim according to the rules here. I'm not comfortable with some of the talk about the siblings either. The MOD must be ready to pull his/her hair out. Or shut the thread down as warned last night. :judge:

this is confusing and I don't know. Were there 2 incidents where at least a 2 kids were removed from KW or just one?
Please correct me if I am wrong. When the bio dad had the kids for a month, did he have all 3 or just the 2 boys? Second question..Does bio dad also have a much older son from another relationship who isn't in the picture? TIA There was a reference earlier to an OLDER son...just wondering.

You know, I think that these kids would be better going to a home outside those two dysfunctional families.

You will get no argument from me about that, but now it just seems so casual and so everyday stuff and so frequent. I know it has always gone on, but access to *advertiser censored* sites has increased it, IMO.
I think it was simply underreported and unreported before.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I personally have no need to discuss the other children living in the home that Mariah was living in. Those children are the product of their environment IMO.
How long was EK in their life, and what happened prior to that? No child should have to deal with physical or sexual abuse in their home, and we can't blame the minor children for that, and there are laws against child abuse.

this is confusing and I don't know. Were there 2 incidents where at least a 2 kids were removed from KW or just one?
One last year and one now.

I personally have no need to discuss the other children living in the home that Mariah was living in. Those children are the product of their environment IMO.
How long was EK in their life, and what happened prior to that? No child should have to deal with physical or sexual abuse in their home, and we can't blame the minor children for that, and there are laws against child abuse.
They have been living with EK and KW for a little more than two years, I think.

That is just not true. He could have discussed this with his Case Worker and the District Attorney. No charge to him for either of these. The public pays the District Attorney.

I’m pretty sure this conversation has happened several times already, but DAs do not get involved in custody issues:

In North Carolina, a District Attorney (DA) is the elected public official who represents the state in the prosecution of all criminal matters. The district attorney supervises a staff of assistant district attorneys (ADA), victim witness legal assistants (VWLA), investigators, and other administrative employees. A district attorney's primary responsibility, with his or her assistants, is to prosecute all criminal cases filed in District and Superior Courts, prepare the criminal trial docket and advise local law enforcement.

http://www.ncdistrictattorney.org/yourDA.html

Often times it's when the child acts out the abuse on another kid that the original abuse is discovered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^This. Those children were living in a very unhealthy environment so it would be natural for the older boy to get angry and act out. I think KW and the EK are abusing the kids all over again when they point fingers at a child. Instead of admitting defeat , EK and KW will continue to save their own a$$.The children probably never saw any love between the pair and had to roam around in a drug infested home . Many threads ago i stated that the epidemic in today's family culture is spinning out of control and all agencies need to break the cycle otherwise cases will keep happening. WS is full of cases like this. It is so sad. JMO

I’m pretty sure this conversation has happened several times already, but DAs do not get involved in custody issues:

In North Carolina, a District Attorney (DA) is the elected public official who represents the state in the prosecution of all criminal matters. The district attorney supervises a staff of assistant district attorneys (ADA), victim witness legal assistants (VWLA), investigators, and other administrative employees. A district attorney's primary responsibility, with his or her assistants, is to prosecute all criminal cases filed in District and Superior Courts, prepare the criminal trial docket and advise local law enforcement.

http://www.ncdistrictattorney.org/yourDA.html

Custody issues like this get pushed down to the bottom of the pile because it is hard to enforce in certain circumstances. Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa