Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

A spokesperson from the Holly Springs Police Department said: “The accumulation of evidence over the course of the investigation and the passage of time have contributed to the change in how the case is categorized. From the beginning, investigators have proceeded with the understanding that this missing person case could transition to a death investigation.”

Moynan is a mother of two, according to search warrants filed in Wake County.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article235974187.html

According to search warrants, Moyman’s ex-boyfriend admitted to using her phone and pretending to be her in text messages and on social media.

Moyman’s friends and family thought messages received from her may have been from someone else. Her mother told police she and her daughter saw each other once a week, but in March they began only speaking through text message, so she requested a wellness check for Moyman on July 19.

Moyman’s ex-boyfriend had also been driving her car and had her cellphone. Virginia deputies said that when they made contact with the ex-boyfriend on July 23, they reported he had Moyman’s phone inside the car and the car had a chemical smell.

The ex-boyfriend claimed Moyman was addicted to heroin. He didn’t know how to tell her mother she was missing and a drug addict. He said he had received a text message with a picture of their two children that said “I can’t do this anymore,” documents said.

He didn’t report Moyman missing because he expected her to come home. He said he was driving her car instead of his because it had car seats, documents said.

Holly Springs police also visited Moyman’s place of employment. They were told by her boss she was a great employee and that she was possibly in an abusive relationship, a warrant said.
After several months, Holly Springs mom’s disappearance now a death investigation

So all of her posts from at least May on are for sure made by him? That is so disgusting and appalling, I didn’t have a Facebook before and now that I’m seeing her page.. I’m speechless
:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek: :mad::mad::mad:
Justice!!!!!

Officers said they now believe Monyan is dead, and the "focus has shifted from a missing persons case to a death investigation."

Missing Holly Springs mom now feared dead, police say

67602496_10157660695924314_8620356493897629696_o.jpg

Wow, this case just went from 0 to 60! Not a peep about anything for months, and now LE has dropped their payload. They must have some pretty concrete evidence to say to the public they have shifted to a death investigation. LE has not named a POI, so I am treading lightly on that subject, but I think this outcome sadly is what most of us feared. I just hope they can find here and bring closure to her family, and beautiful children and justice will be served.

Oh boy... I sort of knew from the start that this would be the outcome. People from work say that she was great, no issues and the person who was abusing her says she's a drug addict... heroin. Not cocaine or something like that, heroin. I don't know of many cases of heroin addicts being able to be so functional to the point of holding a job and taking care of two children.

Holly Springs Police North Carolina
46 mins ·
The Holly Springs Police Department has been actively investigating the disappearance of Monica Moynan since late July of 2019. We believe that Monica has been missing since April of 2019. Since late July, when her disappearance was reported to us, our Investigators have worked tirelessly, following up on leads and examining evidence associated with her disappearance. Over the past several weeks, during the course of this extensive investigation, it is now believed that Monica is deceased and our focus has shifted from a missing persons case to a death investigation. As we continue this active investigation, we again appeal to the public for assistance regarding Monica’s case. If anyone has any information regarding this case, please contact Detective Mitchell Ham at (919) 567-4702.

4 Comments28 Shares

I'd like to see the search warrants, CBS17 directly quoted from them so I know they are out there.

I was shocked by the allegations made by the father of Moni's children. MOO, given the fact he had her phone; the text message sent with a picture of the girls and "I can't do this anymore", is a flat out LIE. He sent that message to cover up a murder. Then he slanders Moni by saying she is a heroin addict. I'll never believe that. In addition, he can't bring himself to tell her Mom? That's because he knew she would see through the LIE.

My heart is very heavy, prayers for her family as the truth of what happened to Moni unfolds.

It is sad to hear this but at least it shows it is being worked on and is an active investigation. I think most of us suspected this all along.

I am unclear on whether the children are still with the ex? I hope not. However, if he is not named as a suspect or POI, I imagine they would have to remain in his custody? There are hints of domestic abuse and I hope the children can be removed.

I hope justice results for Moni and that she is found.

Jmo.

Holly Springs Police North Carolina
46 mins ·
The Holly Springs Police Department has been actively investigating the disappearance of Monica Moynan since late July of 2019. We believe that Monica has been missing since April of 2019. Since late July, when her disappearance was reported to us, our Investigators have worked tirelessly, following up on leads and examining evidence associated with her disappearance. Over the past several weeks, during the course of this extensive investigation, it is now believed that Monica is deceased and our focus has shifted from a missing persons case to a death investigation. As we continue this active investigation, we again appeal to the public for assistance regarding Monica’s case. If anyone has any information regarding this case, please contact Detective Mitchell Ham at (919) 567-4702.

4 Comments28 Shares
I bet someone is having an anxiety attack right about now. LE is closing in on him. Justice for Monica!

Warrants: Ex-boyfriend of Holly Springs woman texted people pretending to be her after she went missing

Updated 16 minutes ago
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A young Holly Springs mother who has been missing for months is now believed to be dead, police say, and they are asking the public for information in the case.

Holly Springs police officers have been actively investigating 23-year-old Monica Moynan's disappearance since late July when her apartment manager and mother reported that they hadn't seen her in a while and were concerned for her safety.

Late July

According to search warrants, when police went to her apartment on July 23 to follow up on the missing persons report, they learned that her ex-boyfriend had been staying at the apartment.

The manager of the apartment told police that she hadn't seen Moynan since March and was only able to make contact with her via email and text message.

I’ve seen a lot by following cases on Websleuths and in the news etc., but this behavior of staying in her apartment after the ban, continuing to drive Moni’s car and use her phone (not to mention the “story” of excuse) ... is... I’m not even sure what the word is for it. I’m too angry to form or even come up with the words.

This case has bothered me for multiple obvious reasons, but to think of what likely went down just minutes from my home is incomprehensible. Now just trying to keep the faith that the Holly Springs Police Dept., and whatever other agencies they enlist to assist...will soon bring justice for poor Moni.

Continued prayers for her little girls and the rest of her friends and family. What a difficult and tragic loss for all.

I’m curious about/confused by this timeline. To my knowledge, based on various reports, no one has actually seen Moni since (early) April. I wonder about this “story” said to have happened in June. If this “home rehab” supposedly happened in June, then where was Moni from April-June? Or, specifically, I guess I’m wondering what police have been “told” about her whereabouts leading up to mid-June.

To be clear, in no way am I buying this “story,” I guess I’m just confused by the alleged timeline.

The search warrants state that in mid-June he tried to have her go through "home rehab" where he kept her in the apartment and tried to get her to quit cold turkey.

He said that on June 20, he got a text from Moynan that showed a picture of one of their daughters and said, "I can't do this anymore." He told police he never heard from her again after that.

Warrants: Ex-boyfriend of Holly Springs woman texted people pretending to be her after she went missing

Last edited:

Updated 16 minutes ago
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A young Holly Springs mother who has been missing for months is now believed to be dead, police say, and they are asking the public for information in the case.

Holly Springs police officers have been actively investigating 23-year-old Monica Moynan's disappearance since late July when her apartment manager and mother reported that they hadn't seen her in a while and were concerned for her safety.

Late July

According to search warrants, when police went to her apartment on July 23 to follow up on the missing persons report, they learned that her ex-boyfriend had been staying at the apartment.

The manager of the apartment told police that she hadn't seen Moynan since March and was only able to make contact with her via email and text message.

I hadn't thought about her apartment situation all this time. Was her rent being paid up until she was reported missing? So, many questions!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back