Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

Ok. I’m confused. The heading to this thread says missing since March 30, yet this FB has her sharing memories from a year ago as recently as last month (June 2019). Am I missing something?
A Facebook page that appears to belong to Moynan has posts on it as recent as July. It is unclear if police believe she posted them or if she is even using the platform.

Her mother, Melanie Tucker, claims the father of Moynan's children is pretending to be her daughter and texting her.

Police said they have interviewed that man.

Her parents said the last day she was seen in person was March 30.

Police said Moynan texted a friend six weeks ago but did not disclose the nature of the message.

Police seek help locating Holly Springs mother missing since March

Monica has another Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/monica.moynan

I don't understand why this case is not drawing more attention. Both here at WS and in the media. Moni is a Mom, Sister & Daughter, as well as a loved friend to many. She wouldn't leave her girls according to anyone who knows her. Who took her away from her loved ones?!!!!!

It’s heartbreaking!

Monica has another Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/monica.moynan

I don't understand why this case is not drawing more attention. Both here at WS and in the media. Moni is a Mom, Sister & Daughter, as well as a loved friend to many. She wouldn't leave her girls according to anyone who knows her. Who took her away from her loved ones?!!!!!

I feel the same way! I am always surprised at which cases gain traction and which do not.

This is very sad. Looking through her FB, she seems so happy to be a mom and dedicated to her girls.

There is a lot of bizarre things though such as the recent FB posts. If someone was impersonating her sister and texting her pretending maybe that person also has "gained" access to her FB account? No mention of warrants for her SM or phone? There is not a lot of details from LE such as if she has a car and where that might be. I take it her family did not know she was missing until more recently? Her mother religiously posts about her being missing, but those didn't start until 7/23, which would mean Mother's Day came and went. Did no one know she was missing all that time?

I have a lot more questions! I hope this case gains some traction and movement, so sad!

A Facebook page that appears to belong to Moynan has posts on it as recent as July. It is unclear if police believe she posted them or if she is even using the platform.

Her mother, Melanie Tucker, claims the father of Moynan's children is pretending to be her daughter and texting her.

Police said they have interviewed that man.

Her parents said the last day she was seen in person was March 30.

Police said Moynan texted a friend six weeks ago but did not disclose the nature of the message.

Police seek help locating Holly Springs mother missing since March
Thank you, @Knox!!!

Oh my gosh, today is her youngest daughter's 1st birthday :(

Moni's Mom & Sister shared two very heartbreaking public posts on fb. Mom's name is Melanie Day Tucker, grab a kleenex before you read.

Holly Springs Police North Carolina
Yesterday at 7:41 AM ·
Please see below regarding an update to the Monica Moynan missing persons case.

+2

July 23 at 6:32 PM ·
***UPDATE - Missing Mother from Holly Springs – UPDATE***

The Holly Springs Police Department continues to gather information on the whereabouts of Monica Moynan.

Ms. Moynan was last seen in Holly Springs in early April of 2019. She is 5’1”, approximately 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Additionally, she sometimes changes her hair color, most notably to green.

As we continue to collect and follow leads, we encourage the public to continue to come forward with any information regarding Ms. Moynan’s whereabouts.
If you think you have seen Ms. Moynan or have any information, please contact the Holly Springs Police Department at 919-557-9111.

I feel the same way! I am always surprised at which cases gain traction and which do not.

This is very sad. Looking through her FB, she seems so happy to be a mom and dedicated to her girls.

There is a lot of bizarre things though such as the recent FB posts. If someone was impersonating her sister and texting her pretending maybe that person also has "gained" access to her FB account? No mention of warrants for her SM or phone? There is not a lot of details from LE such as if she has a car and where that might be. I take it her family did not know she was missing until more recently? Her mother religiously posts about her being missing, but those didn't start until 7/23, which would mean Mother's Day came and went. Did no one know she was missing all that time?

I have a lot more questions! I hope this case gains some traction and movement, so sad!
Ok, I’ve caught up as quickly as I could! This case is STRANGE.

First of all, July 23 seems to be when they noticed Moni was missing. That’s 4 months! It seems no one was worried until now?

If someone was texting and posting on FB pretending to be her, wouldn’t people know it wasn’t her?

No last place she was seen, just the apartment complex neighbors?

No searches? No major police involvement??

This all is even more puzzling because she seems to be a devoted mother/sister/daughter and have many people who adore her.

Something about this story is missing. IMO

Yesterday at 7:41 AM ·
Please see below regarding an update to the Monica Moynan missing persons case.

+2

July 23 at 6:32 PM ·
***UPDATE - Missing Mother from Holly Springs – UPDATE***

The Holly Springs Police Department continues to gather information on the whereabouts of Monica Moynan.

Ms. Moynan was last seen in Holly Springs in early April of 2019. She is 5’1”, approximately 115 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Additionally, she sometimes changes her hair color, most notably to green.

As we continue to collect and follow leads, we encourage the public to continue to come forward with any information regarding Ms. Moynan’s whereabouts.
If you think you have seen Ms. Moynan or have any information, please contact the Holly Springs Police Department at 919-557-9111.

Ok, I’ve caught up as quickly as I could! This case is STRANGE.

First of all, July 23 seems to be when they noticed Moni was missing. That’s 4 months! It seems no one was worried until now?

If someone was texting and posting on FB pretending to be her, wouldn’t people know it wasn’t her?

No last place she was seen, just the apartment complex neighbors?

No searches? No major police involvement??

This all is even more puzzling because she seems to be a devoted mother/sister/daughter and have many people who adore her.

Something about this story is missing. IMO

There are so many odd things in this that don't add up!!

I really wish one of her family members would explain why it took almost four months before they caught on it wasn't Moni posting on facebook or texting them. Does no one call her? I think I did read they invited her to certain things, but she (really the bf communicating) always had an excuse why she couldn't go.

Still four months is a loooooong time ... Maybe someone from her family will join us here?

I really wish one of her family members would explain why it took almost four months before they caught on it wasn't Moni posting on facebook or texting them. Does no one call her? I think I did read they invited her to certain things, but she (really the bf communicating) always had an excuse why she couldn't go.

Still four months is a loooooong time ... Maybe someone from her family will join us here?

From what I gather from the mom's Instagram account, she did receive texts from MM, but she now believes they were not from Monica and someone was posing as her. It was more like three months, or, as the MSM is reporting two months or six weeks (depending on which article you read.) Regardless it still is a long time, but I could see how if she said she was really busy and kept saying she would call later etc., how that could go on a while. I think the family is desperately trying to fill in the gaps in the timeline now that they know and feel quite bad they didn't clue in sooner.

From what I gather from the mom's Instagram account, she did receive texts from MM, but she now believes they were not from Monica and someone was posing as her. It was more like three months, or, as the MSM is reporting two months or six weeks (depending on which article you read.) Regardless it still is a long time, but I could see how if she said she was really busy and kept saying she would call later etc., how that could go on a while. I think the family is desperately trying to fill in the gaps in the timeline now that they know and feel quite bad they didn't clue in sooner.

Yes, I'm sure they are heartbroken and feel awful. If I sounded like I was calling them out, I didn't mean it that way. I'm just trying to make sense of how it happened. I have to say if my SIL tried to pretend he was my daughter, I'd know pretty quick. We have our little key phrases in response to certain things that would make me suspicious if she didn't respond as normal.

This does not look good :(

6 weeks to 3-4 months is a LONG time IMO. If I was trying to reach my brother or children via text and they responded here and there, I would definitely know if it was them. There is NO WAY in that length of time anyone could pretend to be any of them. In my mind it isn’t possible. Secret jokes, certain emojis, time it takes for each to respond, etc.

Something is not right. IMO

The length of time is strange. You'd think someone would have frequent enough contact with her to notice an issue before now.

I'd also offer that - although it doesn't mean they are in this case - appearances on Facebook are often deceiving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back