NC NC - Northampton Co, Christmas Doe, Blk/WhtFem, UP2196, 4-7, near I-95 rest area, Dec'83

i wish we knew if glasses were found anywhere nearby. either where she was last seen or where this skeleton was found. that would help also since toya wore glasses.

Anyone that knows that rest area knows what it use to look like before they renovated it in 1995. They brought in a couple of hundred loads of dirt so chances are that any evidence has been coved up. That does not mean that if it is her that they will not still come back and search agin with new fangle equipment that they have now.

Thank you so much Seifsister. This little girl has been on my mind nonstop since I first saw her case. We appreciate you sharing any info that you can.

Thank you so much for that article. I personally believe that this child was probably never reported missing. I wrote to our local paper asking if they could run a story about Christmas Doe. Maybe that would bring back memories from people who have been here their whole lives.

Still no response from the paper...I am not always great at expressing myself. Maybe my wording wasn't good enough to grab their attention. Would someone else mind writing a letter that I could send them? Something that would compell them to do a story about this angel?

Which Newspaper did you write to? I have written to Roanoke Rapids, Emporia but no call back.

I wrote to Roanoke Daily Herald. I hadn't thought about the one in Emporia. Hmmm..maybe with all the bodies being found here in Rocky Mount, they would be willing to do a story. Or maybe if enough of us write to the Daily Herald it will convince them to finally write about her?

I wrote to Roanoke Daily Herald. I hadn't thought about the one in Emporia. Hmmm..maybe with all the bodies being found here in Rocky Mount, they would be willing to do a story. Or maybe if enough of us write to the Daily Herald it will convince them to finally write about her?

Ever hear anything?

I started that Topix thread a few months back. I wrote the article in peas in their pods for the June addition. You can also find info on her on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe The next step is skull recreation. Her remains were moved back to Chapel Hill a couple of months ago so now we will get reconstruction done soon.

I started that Topix thread a few months back. I wrote the article in peas in their pods for the June addition. You can also find info on her on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe The next step is skull recreation. Her remains were moved back to Chapel Hill a couple of months ago so now we will get reconstruction done soon.

Beautiful article. I knew about the myspace, it was linked here. I didn't see the links up and thought I'd make sure they were posted. It's nice to have everything in one place. And I lose links, so if I don't post them, they will disappear forever, lol.
I'm glad that there will be a reconstruction done. It's about time. Seems like you have been her voice for some time, and now she will have a face. Last step is her name and hopefully she'll have that soon.

Yes I hope it does work out that way. She has been adopted in our home as a common name. I just have this bad feeling that she was never reported missing or her case has been loss in the archives of a small police department like so many other children has been before. I have been tring to get her in the paper here in NC but have no luck. I think I am going to start putting her in a letter to the editor in the on-line papers. Maybe that will work. OUr local Rep. for Davidson County is going to introduce a bill to the State Of North Carolina on the next session to change the laws on how unidentifieds as handled here in NC. We have close to 200 Unidentifieds but yet only 15 are listed in NCIC. The coroners office should be allowed to access NCIC and put in the bone cases without having to depend on the police department. It has not been working so far. This is why we are in the mess we are in now.

I never forget this little one either:innocent:.

Whenever you search for a match for Christmas Doe, you always run into Tiahease Tiawanna Jackson from NY, I know I've read she has been ruled out as a match for the St. Louis Doe, but there is one thing that really bugs me about her case- I did some research on the weather conditions in NY on and around Aug 14, 1983. I found- I kid you not- a research project on the microclimates for city trees in NY (City wanted to know which trees would stand up to the heat of summer, cold of winter, ect.). They took temperature readings for all of August 1983. It was 85 degrees that day in Central Park and in paved areas the temps were recorded above 100 degrees. Why would she have been wearing a ski jacket, a sweater, and blue jeans? Anyhow, that just really bugs me about her case- it also bugs me that her sweater was white as was the St. Louis Doe, I guess though everything about all of these cases upset me. :furious:
Sorry for the rambling.
Snufamonbobball

On the phone with the detective in charge of the headless girl in St Louis from the same (54UFMO) time frame, he said this skull has been ruled out since it is a full body, not just a skull. Who's right and what am I missing?

On the phone with the detective in charge of the headless girl in St Louis from the same (54UFMO) time frame, he said this skull has been ruled out since it is a full body, not just a skull. Who's right and what am I missing?

Christmas Doe body was found with her skull ( parts of it that is) Her remains were scattered by wild animals. Christmas Doe DNA is in CODIS so is the St. Louis girl so it would of have hit on each other when it was ran.

From the ME by Cathy Ridicket I do believe that Christmas Doe is around 5 years old at her time of death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back